ADVERTISEMENT

Why coaches don’t want to work under Trev

Urban Meyer. I have no faith in Trev to do the right thing due to his work history
I'm with you. I'm not sure Urban wants to coach again, especially at NU, but he is the guy that you make turn it down. Trev should be beating down his door and asking what it is going to take. I just have this vision he is going to bring in a Klieman who will probably be respectable, but we will probably just be a middling program. I will say that is better than where we are at, but at least try to get someone who gives us a shot at a conference title.

I'm with you. I'm not sure Urban wants to coach again, especially at NU, but he is the guy that you make turn it down. Trev should be beating down his door and asking what it is going to take. I just have this vision he is going to bring in a Klieman who will probably be respectable, but we will probably just be a middling program. I will say that is better than where we are at, but at least try to get someone who gives us a shot at a conference title.
Right now middling sounds pretty good to me. Baby steps

Urban Meyer. I have no faith in Trev to do the right thing due to his work history
I believe that there is no amount of money that would get Urban to take the Nebraska job. He’s making millions for a part time job right now and can golf every day during football season. He lives where he wants and can go clubbing every night.

Trev wants to be Barry Alvarez and have his hand in this program more than he should. Trev thinks he is a football genius and wants to have his hand in all the details.
Rumors are the head coach has to have 4-5 hour meetings on Sundays after games to dissect plays and give trev the plan for the upcoming week. No serious coach does that at any other place. Trev will undermine any coach at this rate.

no coach wants to appease trevs ego 15 hours after a loss explaining why they called certain plays. Trev seems like a fake slimeball and his true ego is on full display the way he was fired from ESPN.
I think with trev we are limited on who wants this job because a lot of good coaches would choose other schools due to trev. Overbearing and egotistical leaders make good coaches bad.
Our only hope is we somehow hire a good coach and trev resigns to let the coach do his thing.
You really have zero clue that is true. Do you work in media?

Naaa. Not to me. We fired a coach. If we middle, fine, but try to get the cream of the crop.
The dilemma is to get”the cream” to say yes. We thought we had the absolute surest deal we could get. What did that get us? I’ll support the hire no matter who Trev signs. He’s in a much better position than us to make the judgement.

If you hire Lincoln Riley’s brother you no doubt would get a recruiting and PR bump that we need horribly. I’m not sure we would get that same buzz now from keeping Mickey due to the on field performance.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The dilemma is to get”the cream” to say yes. We thought we had the absolute surest deal we could get. What did that get us? I’ll support the hire no matter who Trev signs. He’s in a much better position than us to make the judgement.

If you hire Lincoln Riley’s brother you no doubt would get a recruiting and PR bump that we need horribly. I’m not sure we would get that same buzz now from keeping Mickey due to the on field performance.
Eh. I'm not sure we thought Scott Frost was the surest bet. I think most fans just had the excitement, but there was no other real option. Hindsight shows he was a huge gamble, but there was no search going to happen outside of him. I think the cream of the crop would come and thinking we can't get them is probably what got us here to a certain extent. That and really shitty admins.

I'll support the hire no matter what as well as I am a fan and an alum, but I'm not going to be revved up for a Campbell, BOB, Klieman, etc type hire. For me, if we are going that route, go get Top Flight Position coaches and go from there with Mickey. CFB is a recruiting game and at least with Mickey he actually got some talent here vs. talking a big game like Keith WIlliams and never delivering.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Eh. I'm not sure we thought Scott Frost was the surest bet. I think most fans just had the excitement, but there was no other real option. Hindsight shows he was a huge gamble, but there was no search going to happen outside of him. I think the cream of the crop would come and thinking we can't get them is probably what got us here to a certain extent. That and really shitty admins.

I'll support the hire no matter what as well as I am a fan and an alum, but I'm not going to be revved up for a Campbell, BOB, Klieman, etc type hire. For me, if we are going that route, go get Top Flight Position coaches and go from there with Mickey. CFB is a recruiting game and at least with Mickey he actually got some talent here vs. talking a big game like Keith WIlliams and never delivering.
Everybody thought Frost was the best guy possible with very few exceptions. I really don’t think we should want a “splash” hire like Pedie promised some booster friends of mine he was going to make when he fired Frank. Go get a bright guy who can recruit his ass off then hope Joe Burrow falls in your lap. LSU doesn’t do squat that year with all that talent if Burrow doesn’t land there.

My one concern with Mickey is I don’t know about his football IQ. Football isn’t rocket science but the best head coaches are extremely intelligent people.

Everybody thought Frost was the best guy possible with very few exceptions. I really don’t think we should want a “splash” hire like Pedie promised some booster friends of mine he was going to make when he fired Frank. Go get a bright guy who can recruit his ass off then hope Joe Burrow falls in your lap. LSU doesn’t do squat that year with all that talent if Burrow doesn’t land there.

My one concern with Mickey is I don’t know about his football IQ. Football isn’t rocket science but the best head coaches are extremely intelligent people.
Pederson idea of a splash hire was Dave Wannstedt… Even at the time i don’t think that would have been a splash for the majority of the fan base.

I agree, but I also don't think Dabo is an intelligent person. I think most head guys are smart dudes, but you can get some really good HC's that are great motivators and recruiters and let their smart coordinators do the heavy lifting. I'd be ok with that if that was the direction we went.

Trev wants to be Barry Alvarez and have his hand in this program more than he should. Trev thinks he is a football genius and wants to have his hand in all the details.
Rumors are the head coach has to have 4-5 hour meetings on Sundays after games to dissect plays and give trev the plan for the upcoming week. No serious coach does that at any other place. Trev will undermine any coach at this rate.

no coach wants to appease trevs ego 15 hours after a loss explaining why they called certain plays. Trev seems like a fake slimeball and his true ego is on full display the way he was fired from ESPN.
I think with trev we are limited on who wants this job because a lot of good coaches would choose other schools due to trev. Overbearing and egotistical leaders make good coaches bad.
Our only hope is we somehow hire a good coach and trev resigns to let the coach do his thing.
Trev is too slick and smug by half, always telling us what we already figured out as new truth for us to swallow. He needs to hire a proven HC and then tell him to text if he needs to talk, otherwise step back and let the program get on its feet.

Reactions: Minn1954
I agree, but I also don't think Dabo is an intelligent person. I think most head guys are smart dudes, but you can get some really good HC's that are great motivators and recruiters and let their smart coordinators do the heavy lifting. I'd be ok with that if that was the direction we went.
Dabo is a worse Gundy, which seems impossible.

He is a demanding AD, and he's looking for a workaholic. He wants a natty, and I'm guessing he and Nebraska are willing to pay the right person more than any other coach.

Thank you for offering your amazing insight on Trev's management skills. Im sure your experience and insider perspective to not only the nebraska football program but college football as a whole is really being used to its fullest extent here in this post from the basement of you couch as you struggle to pay off credit card debt and are 50 pounds over weight.

1) you have no clue what you are talking about
2) get a hobby

Thank you for offering your amazing insight on Trev's management skills. Im sure your experience and insider perspective to not only the nebraska football program but college football as a whole is really being used to its fullest extent here in this post from the basement of you couch as you struggle to pay off credit card debt and are 50 pounds over weight.

1) you have no clue what you are talking about
2) get a hobby
I played college football at Doane when tommy Frazier was the coach. I have zero debt. And I am actually pretty fit. Good guess.

Trev bang your wife or girlfriend?

Reactions: bigboxes

Funny, that's not what MJ says.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT