ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren’t we blaming the walk-ons

Moderator guy

Walk On
Aug 28, 2022
Ever since we expanded the walk on program this has been a disaster. 60 extra guys who should be playing at Doane taking up practice space. So this new facility is built to house all them and when the new coach comes in next year and gets rid of 60 guys we will need to spend even more money to update the facility again. We aren’t seeing much return on these white 1.5 star kids from rural Nebraska in playing time.
Call me names but it’s true.

Ever since we expanded the walk on program this has been a disaster. 60 extra guys who should be playing at Doane taking up practice space. So this new facility is built to house all them and when the new coach comes in next year and gets rid of 60 guys we will need to spend even more money to update the facility again. We aren’t seeing much return on these white 1.5 star kids from rural Nebraska in playing time.
How about blaming the crappy coach that insists on playing them instead of scholarship guys when the game is on the line??

trolling.ashx

Reactions: huntered
They take away practice reps from the scholarship players. No development for them.
Ok I can see that but if Scott is giving equal reps to kids that are no more then tackling dummies he’s an even worse coach then I suspect.

It's not the walk-ons fault it's all on the leadership and Frost. I agree they shouldn't be on the field but I have no problem with them being on the team and trying hard.

They take away practice reps from the scholarship players. No development for them.
I agree slightly on this...wish the walk-ons were more all about scout O/D to help the scholarship kids prepare. We need some walk-ons as they have panned out.

But do we need Masker taking reps at practice? No...same with the walk-ons at other positions who will never play a down.

You are not blaming these kids themselves are you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT