ADVERTISEMENT

Why are people ...

Couldn’t agree more...got on and seen one on Lang’s that was years ago. Agreed, let that crap die off already. We get all ”Rileyed” up back then. That was a failure and bust in many magnitudes.... Let’s just focus on Frost and this staff now.

Reactions: baseball31ne
It’s getting a bit excessive but it doesn’t hurt to drudge up an old thread every now and again. People talk a lot of shit and post some bold statements/predictions in the moment that they aren’t willing to own later on.

For instance if a hypothetical poster - let’s call him or her “burgundy wanderer” repeatedly posts how Mike RILEY is going to have an 11-1 regular season and get revenge in the conference championship game against OSU they shouldn’t get all butt hurt when that ridiculous prediction gets called out

In college, I waited tables during bar rush for a summer job in a small town in South Dakota. It was the only 24 hour place in probably a 40 mile radius. This place also had a large video lottery section.

Fridays we kept extra cash in the till because we had our regulars. Same guys every week, just got paid — they would come in, and off to the video lottery room to lose it. Week after week. I’d cash em out for $25 or $50 at the end of the night.

Every once in awhile one of them would hit and win a couple hundred. Maybe half of what they had taken in there. Maybe even enough to make their money back.

They’d bring that ticket out and make a big deal out of showing it to us and the other regulars.

Not sure why I just thought of that.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
People that make ridiculous statements don't like being called on them no matter how long or short it has been. I agree, these posts don't matter now but it is interesting to see how perspectives have changed.

In college, I waited tables during bar rush for a summer job in a small town in South Dakota. It was the only 24 hour place in probably a 40 mile radius. This place also had a large video lottery section.

Fridays we kept extra cash in the till because we had our regulars. Same guys every week, just got paid — they would come in, and off to the video lottery room to lose it. Week after week. I’d cash em out for $25 or $50 at the end of the night.

Every once in awhile one of them would hit and win a couple hundred. Maybe half of what they had taken in there. Maybe even enough to make their money back.

They’d bring that ticket out and make a big deal out of showing it to us and the other regulars.

Not sure why I just thought of that.

I love this story...

21husker1984 is the guy doing this. He’s going around and just trolling past posts. No clue why, outside just being a troll.
I have clearly struck a nerve with you. I was bored so I started looking back at past posts. When I found one that was an extreamly hot take or very ironic I found it funny and thought others would too. An example would be the POB high school game thread. People were proclaiming him to be the next great dual threat at Nebraska. Turns out he transferred because he was the farthest thing from a dual threat. You don’t find that funny? I do so that’s why I bumped it and a few other posts like it.

As far as me being a troll as you have proclaimed in a few other threads, I like to bust chops. I get it, some people are offended easily. It’s just who I am. I give shit and take shit. A keyboard is a tough tool to apply context and I’m bad at it I guess. I’m still gunna crack jokes and give shit. If I break any rules it’s up to the mods to ban me. Keep following me around though. It’s nice to have an entourage. Life is a party @huskerssalts , lighten up.

I have clearly struck a nerve with you. I was bored so I started looking back at past posts. When I found one that was an extreamly hot take or very ironic I found it funny and thought others would too. An example would be the POB high school game thread. People were proclaiming him to be the next great dual threat at Nebraska. Turns out he transferred because he was the farthest thing from a dual threat. You don’t find that funny? I do so that’s why I bumped it and a few other posts like it.

As far as me being a troll as you have proclaimed in a few other threads, I like to bust chops. I get it, some people are offended easily. It’s just who I am. I give shit and take shit. A keyboard is a tough tool to apply context and I’m bad at it I guess. I’m still gunna crack jokes and give shit. If I break any rules it’s up to the mods to ban me. Keep following me around though. It’s nice to have an entourage. Life is a party @huskerssalts , lighten up.
I agree that you are just joking around mostly and I get your humor. I have laughed at a few of your posts.
I was more rude about it on another thread before but here is what I dont understand....and im really not trying to be mean im honestly curious...and im not "offended" by you.....

But You literally post nothing of any substance, ever. Ever. I just dont get being here to always and constantly be a troll.
For a guy who thinks hes funny you certainly havent been mentioned on funniest posters thread, thats because youre mostly annoying.
Others post troll or joke posts, but they also usually post things of actual substance and opinion every now and then. You literally never do. It seems you take no one elses posts seriously either. So whats the point?
I guess it just doesnt make sense as it seems like such a waste of time for you to even be on here.
But i dont think you are breaking any rules or should be banned. Just strange to me I guess. Is literally everything a joke in your life?

Reactions: scarletred
I agree that you are just joking around mostly and I get your humor. I have laughed at a few of your posts.
I was more rude about it on another thread before but here is what I dont understand....and im really not trying to be mean im honestly curious...and im not "offended" by you.....

But You literally post nothing of any substance, ever. Ever. I just dont get being here to always and constantly be a troll.
For a guy who thinks hes funny you certainly havent been mentioned on funniest posters thread, thats because youre mostly annoying.
Others post troll or joke posts, but they also usually post things of actual substance and opinion every now and then. You literally never do. It seems you take no one elses posts seriously either. So whats the point?
I guess it just doesnt make sense as it seems like such a waste of time for you to even be on here.
But i dont think you are breaking any rules or should be banned. Just strange to me I guess. Is literally everything a joke in your life?
You’re right that I probably shouldn’t be here. I don’t take husker football as serious as most in here.

And yes, literally everything in my life is a joke. You have to have a sense of humor to go through the things I have and continue to live with. That’s all I really care to discuss on that front. There’s a serious post for you old fella....!Laughing

You’re right that I probably shouldn’t be here. I don’t take husker football as serious as most in here.

And yes, literally everything in my life is a joke. You have to have a sense of humor to go through the things I have and continue to live with. That’s all I really care to discuss on that front. There’s a serious post for you old fella....!Laughing
My hopes are that you dont face any hardships.
Keep posting and stay.
And youre right I am gettin old.

Reactions: 21Husker1984
It’s getting a bit excessive but it doesn’t hurt to drudge up an old thread every now and again. People talk a lot of shit and post some bold statements/predictions in the moment that they aren’t willing to own later on.

For instance if a hypothetical poster - let’s call him or her “burgundy wanderer” repeatedly posts how Mike RILEY is going to have an 11-1 regular season and get revenge in the conference championship game against OSU they shouldn’t get all butt hurt when that ridiculous prediction gets called out

I'm never going to hold it against someone that they are a fan/supporter of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. If you are a fan of a team, you have to accept the hand you are dealt and try to be as positive as you can about it.

Two thoughts:

1. Burgandy Wanderer is the funniest thing Ive seen on here in quite a while

2. The “old thread” that I always get hooked on is the HTO/Coach Dubs “ sup” thread. Someone usually bumps it every 6 months or so.

I like the both of you and your posting styles. We need both of you here. Peace.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

I agree husker fan
The ONLY thing that matters in MY life is HUSKER FOOTBALL. THIS ISNT A JOKE ITS A WAY OF LIFE. if you don’t share this sentient you do not belong here!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT