ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you want to win?

SWIowahawks

Senior
Sep 2, 2006
Curious who you guys want to win the Iowa/Wisconsin game. It really comes down to who do you want to have two losses in conference. Nebraska has to play both so this game is pretty important for Nebraska.

Iowa has games at Penn State and home against Michigan. There is atleast 1 loss there.

Wisconsin has pretty easy sledding the rest of the way as far as potential losses goes. Do you guys want the West championship to be determined on a night game at Madison? I don't know that I would.

Root for Iowa tomorrow so Wisconsin has three losses and the West is Nebraska's to lose. Or don't because if the roles were reversed, I couldn't root for Nebraska. Peace.

I gotta root for Iowa here too. I don't see us getting out of Madison with a win.

Root for Iowa? Only if they were playing Notre Dame. Does it matter that it might help NU if Iowa wins? Not a chance.

I'll go with "Nebraska to beat both and make tomorrow's match up moot" for $200 Alex.

Wisky.

Beating Wisky in our next game would be HUGE if they were to win against Iowa. If Wisky loses, even we beat them in Madison next week, then they'd be a 4 loss team and our schedule would still suck and we'd get zero respect and if OSU kicks our teeth in next week it's all we'd hear. "You guys didn't play anyone and when you did you lost"

I'm pulling for Wisconsin. Iowa will likely lose to both Penn St and Michigan. I also look forward to a top 10 matchup next week. Just hope we can get healthy enough to have a shot at night in Madison.

Wisky because of Alvarez - I NEVER want Iowa to win unless they are playing the SEC, Miami, Notre Dame, USC, tOSU or Michigan. Throw Texas in there too - hate Bevo.

Agree Iowa win is probably a better set-up for 2016 Huskers to win the West.

I'll go with "Nebraska to beat both and make tomorrow's match up moot" for $200 Alex.

ESPN's math experts say Nebraska has a .2% chance of going 12-0. Not 2%, a .(point) 2%.

103114-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Raj0.png

One way or the other we are going to need to win most of the rest of our games to win the B1G West.

That said, I want Iowa to win so that Wisky has three losses. It pains me to cheer for Iowa, but it helps us the most if they win

I too have to pull for Iowa tomorrow. I do not seem to dislike them as much as many here, but I live far, far away from Iowa these days, and have a good friend here that graduated from Iowa. We have a friendly bet every year on the game.

Will go for Wiscy. We can either set our own path, or rely on others for help. I'd rather be in a position to give a good Wiscy team it's 3rd loss, than give a mediocre Wiscy team it's 4th loss. Also, if Iowa beats Wiscy, then Wiscy beats us, well our ceiling will appear to be a lot lower.

Kind of seems to me like a lot of people believe we can't represent the west in the B1G title game without help from Iowa tomorrow. As far as tomorrow goes, go freaking Wisky, to hell with Iowa, we'll take care of our own business thank you very much.

Reactions: nebcountry
Will go for Wiscy. We can either set our own path, or rely on others for help. I'd rather be in a position to give a good Wiscy team it's 3rd loss, than give a mediocre Wiscy team it's 4th loss. Also, if Iowa beats Wiscy, then Wiscy beats us, well our ceiling will appear to be a lot lower.
Good points

Personally I'm pulling for Wisconsin. If we win tomorrow and then go into Madison and lose then fine we lost to a good team, but I don't like the idea of hoping they lose to Iowa so that we can lose to Wisconsin and Ohio St. and still possibly back our way into a Big 10 title match.

I go with Wisky as well. There are positives if either team win but I want Wisky to win. #1 - we really need a statement win, thought we had one in Oregon but that turned out to be a bust. I want Wisky to be rated as high as possible. #2 - it is so much more quiet when Iowa loses. Most Herk fans crawl back in their hole that they crawled out of before week 4 of last year. Its bee nice. If Iowa wins, yes Wisky has 3 losses and a B1G cg is almost a lock even though we wouldnt have been tested except for tOSU.
Go Big Reds

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
No way Nebraska is outclassed against Wisconsin. Wisconsin's ceiling is about 24-27 points in a game. If Nebraska doesn't gift them points and does what Nebraska does, this is definitely a game they can win.

If Nebraska can't beat Wisconsin then tip your hat to them and don't back into a championship game.

So for that reason I'll be cheering for Wisconsin. All that said, I think Wisconsin will be emotionally flat, a little beat up and this game is a lot of danger for them.

If I had to bet, I think Iowa wins. But cheering for Wisconsin.

I don't want to go to Indy with a loss to Bucky on the books. I want the Wisconsin game to be for all the marbles.

On the other hand, an Iowa victory would definitely be demoralizing for them... but I don't root for teams to be down when we play them. So I'm rooting for Wisconsin.

Also, I live in Wisconsin. And hating Iowa is the one thing I have in common with all these Badger fans.

Reactions: scarletred
Goal is to play for titles period. Very few people outside of Nebraska and Wisconsin remember that Wisconsin backed into the title game a few years ago and housed Nebraska. I am for whoever clears the path for Nebraska to play in the CCG.

Reactions: timnsun
If I knew Iowa will lose to PennSt and Michgan For sure, I'd be pulling for Iowa..

But still like (Alvarez's )Badgers to beat Iowa.

Either way it looks like a the loser won't win the West.

If we take care of business it doesn't matter if we dont we dont deserve to be west champions

If we take care of business it doesn't matter if we dont we dont deserve to be west champions

As of now, no one else is taking care of business. Wisconsin has 2 loses, Iowa and Northwestern each have 1. If Wisconsin beats Iowa, then Iowa will also need help. Northwestern needs to win the rest of their games and hope Nebraska loses 2. Iowa needs Northwestern to lose 2 more games.
Wisconsin needs to beat Nebraska and hope they lose another.

And all of that is after just after the halfway point. So at this point in time, outside of Nebraska, and Iowa everyone else in the west will have backed into the CCG.

Reactions: scarletred
As of now, no one else is taking care of business. Wisconsin has 2 loses, Iowa and Northwestern each have 1. If Wisconsin beats Iowa, then Iowa will also need help. Northwestern needs to win the rest of their games and hope Nebraska loses 2. Iowa needs Northwestern to lose 2 more games.
Wisconsin needs to beat Nebraska and hope they lose another.

And all of that is after just after the halfway point. So at this point in time, outside of Nebraska, and Iowa everyone else in the west will have backed into the CCG.

Futher more I would bet either Michigan or tOSU would love to see the other loss a couple of games in case the other beat them...

The main objective is to play in the B1G CCG and win that game to become the B1G Champions.

Curious who you guys want to win the Iowa/Wisconsin game. It really comes down to who do you want to have two losses in conference. Nebraska has to play both so this game is pretty important for Nebraska.

Iowa has games at Penn State and home against Michigan. There is atleast 1 loss there.

Wisconsin has pretty easy sledding the rest of the way as far as potential losses goes. Do you guys want the West championship to be determined on a night game at Madison? I don't know that I would.

Root for Iowa tomorrow so Wisconsin has three losses and the West is Nebraska's to lose. Or don't because if the roles were reversed, I couldn't root for Nebraska. Peace.

Probably Wisconsin. Iowa fans tend to be a pretty classless bunch, and at least Wisconsin's program has aspirations beyond winning 7 games a year.

Wisky because of Alvarez - I NEVER want Iowa to win unless they are playing the SEC, Miami, Notre Dame, USC, tOSU or Michigan. Throw Texas in there too - hate Bevo.

Agree Iowa win is probably a better set-up for 2016 Huskers to win the West.
Alvarez is an Iowa guy he patterned the program based on what he learned at Iowa.

Wisconsin looks to be the better team so far, but the injured FG kicker may prove costly to them. Iowa is just so bad offensively. Not much creativity at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT