ADVERTISEMENT

Whipple: "Great quarterbacks are pricks."

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
Makes sense. SF is a cocky price. Tommie is a drunkass prick. Other quarterbacks we've had here have been somewhere in between, but they didn't win natty. Let's go get us the biggest jerk in the portal. I hope Miles Brennan is an a$$hole.

Makes sense. SF is a cocky price. Tommie is a drunkass prick. Other quarterbacks we've had here have been somewhere in between, but they didn't win natty. Let's go get us the biggest jerk in the portal. I hope Miles Brennan is an a$$hole.
Or you get good guy Eric Crouch whom makes elite playground equipment

nope...they had great coaches who had their fellow players, playing...
now sure they were to the opponent on the field, because thats the nature of the game.

this is why montana is called cool joe..no drama just surgeon like precision.

Brady isn't Mr. Nice on the football field. He will chew ass if a WR isn't running a route correctly, as one simple example.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Brady isn't Mr. Nice on the football field. He will chew ass if a WR isn't running a route correctly, as one simple example.
sure, on the field playing when it's about business, I'm talking rattler type off the field bs talk...

sure, on the field playing when it's about business, I'm talking rattler type off the field bs talk...
So which is it?? My post...
all pricks on the field.
Your reply to that post...

now sure they were to the opponent on the field, because thats the nature of the game.

then @antirowboat / @mrruffin10 posts.....

and your reply to that is.....

So is it coaching or is it the QB being a prick on the field?

actually I hit it out of the park,
bradshaw, montana, brady...these guys are pro's, and don't waste time being a prick to a wide receiver like rattler..
I'm sure montana, stood in front of the team and said jerry rice, you sir suck...
or bradshaw did the same with swan...

I'm not sure what kinda world your living in, but please refrain from trolling my posts here henceforth.

good day

Reactions: Bruce1981
actually I hit it out of the park,
bradshaw, montana, brady...these guys are pro's, and don't waste time being a prick to a wide receiver like rattler..
I'm sure montana, stood in front of the team and said jerry rice, you sir suck...
or bradshaw did the same with swan...

I'm not sure what kinda world your living in, but please refrain from trolling my posts here henceforth.

good day
Do you watch NFL football? Brady gets mad quite often. The guy is like having a coach on the field with you.

back when tressel or urban was paying players under the table, they would take the humiliation of the bench splinters or getting kicked in the nads by coaches, who were the pricks, not the qb....
meanwhile frost would be reading bible verses bout fair weights and scales...and abiding by the laws of the land.

so there was a imbalance....
but NIL is changing that for high school kids and bench warmers..it's no longer a ride the bench or die for cash situation. it's now legal to pay players...

Last edited:
Really like Whipple's press conference. He freakin knows everybody who is somebody in the league it seems. He knows what's going on. We're going to be a much better team next year.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

There is the story about the 1989 Super Bowl when the 49ers needed a 92 yard TD drive to win with three minutes to go. Montana was standing with his offense on the sideline right before they took the field and the offensive guys were all spun up and worried they were going to lose the game. Montana said hey, check it out, that's John Candy standing up there by the exit ramp. It was as if he didn't have a care in the world, it rubbed off and they scored the TD to win.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There is the story about the 1989 Super Bowl when the 49ers needed a 92 yard TD drive to win with three minutes to go. Montana was standing with his offense on the sideline right before they took the field and the offensive guys were all spun up and worried they were going to lose the game. Montana said hey, check it out, that's John Candy standing up there by the exit ramp. It was as if he didn't have a care in the world, it rubbed off and they scored the TD to win.
indeed, some people call it , in the zone....others call it absolute predestinated.....
either way they called him joe cool for good reason.

Reactions: tpmcg
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It can't be that some guys have both talent, drive, and the ability to make plays under pressure regardless of personality. No, of course not.

I figured Whipple was referring to Scott Frost upon meeting him in person shortly after he was interviewed and hired by Trev 😉

back when tressel or urban was paying players under the table, they would take the humiliation of the bench splinters or getting kicked in the nads by coaches, who were the pricks, not the qb....
meanwhile frost would be reading bible verses bout fair weights and scales...and abiding by the laws of the land.

so there was a imbalance....
but NIL is changing that for high school kids and bench warmers..it's no longer a ride the bench or die for cash situation. it's now legal to pay players...

Kickers suck, so I side with Herb on this one.

That quote didn't just tumble out of his mouth by random or as a bit of trivia for the day. It's explaining why we have an opening for starting QB this season.

Looks like Whipple came in here with his eyes wide open and has identified one of the huge issues this team has -- a grand canyon sized hole in leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

Which is almost certainly why he's choosing to ride with Smothers or a transfer vs. a 5th year starting senior.

Last edited:
Your new OC can say what he wants but the proof of his worth is the W’s and L’s. Being a prick or not does not have anything to do with being a very good Qb. But it is a good distraction to bring that up.
The portal is a must for Nebraska this year.
Hopefully Whipple will make a difference in getting some offensive talent to come to Nebraska. Team unity and pulling together is going to be critical .

Last edited:
Your new OC can say what he wants but the proof of his worth is the W’s and L’s. Being a prick or not does not have anything to do with being a very good Qb. But it is a good distraction to bring that up.
The portal is a must for Nebraska this year.
Hopefully Whipple will make a difference in getting some offensive talent to come to Nebraska. Team unity and pulling together is going to be critical .
Why does Whipple need to make a distraction?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT