ADVERTISEMENT

Which Sr’s come back

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Of the Sr’s getting PT, who do you think will return next year?

Stille
Honas
Miller
JoJo
Bootle
Dismuke
D. Williams

Mills
Jaimes
Farniok
Wilson
Stoll
Falck

Culp

Any Underclassmen leave for the draft
Allen
CTB

I think D. Williams and Jaimes will take their shot at the draft. I think JoJo is probably 50/50. I could see Miller and Wilson, plus maybe Farniok hanging it up. I think everyone else will most likely be back. Thoughts?

all those guys are who they are, and have played a ton

we're 2-4.. many of those listed have never sniffed a bowl game as starters

time to move on
We have talent. It's the bonehead penalties and turnovers that need to get fixed before we can win more games. Need to be a better disciplined team. That falls on the coaches.

We have talent. It's the bonehead penalties and turnovers that need to get fixed before we can win more games.
it wouldn't be much of a limb to go out on to say many of those boneheaded penalties are committed by seniors.

I've seen enough of those guys, nearly to a man.

trotting the same guys out over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Stille
Honas
Miller
JoJo
Bootle
Dismuke
D. Williams

Mills
Jaimes
Farniok
Wilson
Stoll
Falck

Culp

Allen
CTB

I think D. Williams and Jaimes will take their shot at the draft. I think JoJo is probably 50/50. I could see Miller and Wilson, plus maybe Farniok hanging it up. I think everyone else will most likely be back. Thoughts?

I'd be a-okay with only Culp returning.

we need better players across the board.
That’s a pretty stock answer from you, but it seems to ignore the reality of the situation. We need to win and in some of these spots, there simply isn’t someone better.

Sure with guys like Stoll, Wilson, Miller, Falck there is young talent that needs to get on the field. But we will be a better team with guys like JoJo, Honas, Stille and D. Williams around.

I would say on defense most interested in Honas and the 2 safeties, as farmer got injured and no other safeties really in rotation. And maybe Bootle. On offense Mills (no other depth), falck (steady receiver) and maybe farniok (I’m assuming jaimis is gone). I would definitely take culp

Reactions: headcard
That’s a pretty stock answer from you, but it seems to ignore the reality of the situation. We need to win and in some of these spots, there simply isn’t someone better.

Sure with guys like Stoll, Wilson, Miller, Falck there is young talent that needs to get on the field. But we will be a better team with guys like JoJo, Honas, Stille and D. Williams around.
we will never know if there are better guys unless they get to play.

JoJo is the best of that bunch, by quite a lot, in my view.

I don't think we'll miss honas/williams and all the offensive seniors one bit.

Stille
Honas
Miller
JoJo
Bootle
Dismuke
D. Williams

Mills
Jaimes
Farniok
Wilson
Stoll
Falck

Culp

Allen
CTB

I sure hope culp comes back. In the running mvp

certainly not when you expect the same guys to all of a sudden play much better

I'd like to see younger guys, who perhaps have higher ceilings than these also-ran seniors

On some positions yes like Wide receiver and some positions were not their yet..

Farniok and Wilson yes..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I’m thinking with the 5 latest Flobraska losses, we use those schollies on seniors. My top 5 to come back are:

Stille (can never have too many linemen)
Culp (Finally have a good kicker)
Bootle (our depth is worrisome)
JoJo (has a great motor, he’s starting to get it)
Dismuke (I like him better than Williams. Depth is bad).
I’ll add Mills as well, which makes it 6.

Nobody from the Oline should be asked to return. Jaimes is a for sure draft pick this year.

As far as Juniors leaving, we don’t have any in my opinion. CTB is inconsistent and Allen needs one more year although I really like his progress.

Stille
Honas
Miller
JoJo
Bootle
Dismuke
D. Williams

Mills
Jaimes
Farniok
Wilson
Stoll
Falck

Culp

Allen
CTB

You want Jojo back, and probably Culp.

After that, Stille and a safety, maybe Mills.

Miller may be done.

I’m thinking with the 5 latest Flobraska losses, we use those schollies on seniors. My top 5 to come back are:

Nobody from the Oline should be asked to return. Jaimes is a for sure draft pick this year.

As far as Juniors leaving, we don’t have any in my opinion. CTB is inconsistent and Allen needs one more year although I really like his progress.
I don’t think we have to use scholarships from the 85 pool for Sr’s coming back. No idea how that will work in the future , though.

I don’t think we have to use scholarships from the 85 pool for Sr’s coming back. No idea how that will work in the future , though.

You’re right but from what I’m hearing is Frost will proceed with caution due to the numbers. Don’t know what that really means but something is telling me that he doesn’t want the extra schollies to somehow mess us up in the coming years. It’s all a guess to me. Besides, aside from those 6 I don’t really care for the others. Maybe add Stoll to that want list lol

Do you think think the fact that none of them have a single win against their rival will play a factor in the decision? Maybe come back for another year and hope to get lucky

Reactions: Jhollenbeck41
You’re right but from what I’m hearing is Frost will proceed with caution due to the numbers. Don’t know what that really means but something is telling me that he doesn’t want the extra schollies to somehow mess us up in the coming years. It’s all a guess to me. Besides, aside from those 6 I don’t really care for the others. Maybe add Stoll to that want list lol
Are Falk and Culp on scholarships? Not sure they are.

If we do only let a few come back I would probably prioritize similar to you:

Culp
JoJo
Mills
Stille
D. Williams (or Dismuke, I think we need at least one back)
Honas

Reactions: CatColumbia
Got to think most of them would come back besides maybe Jaimes. Don't see any of the others on the list getting drafted this year. Would like to see Williams and Dismuke move on along with Miller. But could use all of the rest back for depth purposes. And I'm sure most of them will to experience a final year covid free

Got to think most of them would come back besides maybe Jaimes. Don't see any of the others on the list getting drafted this year. Would like to see Williams and Dismuke move on along with Miller. But could use all of the rest back for depth purposes. And I'm sure most of them will to experience a final year covid free
I don’t think we have the safety depth, to lose both safeties.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I'll say most including maybe DW, Jaimes, Domann, Mills, D Cap. All to raise their stocks

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Are Falk and Culp on scholarships? Not sure they are.

If we do only let a few come back I would probably prioritize similar to you:

Culp
JoJo
Mills
Stille
D. Williams (or Dismuke, I think we need at least one back)
Honas

I believe Falk is but not sure about Culp.

A side note, after thinking it through our schedule is brutal next year so we should welcome anyone for depth reasons ( except for the o-line guys). Also, Williams is going to be 25. I’m pretty sure he’s going to want to move on to other things.

all those guys are who they are, and have played a ton

we're 2-4.. many of those listed have never sniffed a bowl game as starters

time to move on. everyone here constantly talks about recruiting classes. time to see what Frost's guys are made of.
This!!! I get people want to win 7 or 8 games next year. The longer the SR’s stay the longer the kids wait to play. If we have any great young ones they’ll be one and done. I know that’s not reality here unfortunately, but one can dream.

Plus, if Purdue is the tape people are judging their great play??? I’d re-evaluate your thinking. The delta to legit top 20 teams is bigger people think.

I’ll add Mills as well, which makes it 6.

That's a decent list. I'd add Williams, Stoll, and Honas. It wouldn't be the worst thing if Farniok came back either. I don't think Culp leaving would hurt us too bad though.

Reactions: CatColumbia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT