ADVERTISEMENT

Which Guys Do You Think Would Start Elsewhere?

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
I'm curious to see everyone's thoughts on this with plenty of time on our hands heading into Christmas

Here's mine, in 2 groups

sure-fire starters immediately at 90% of programs:

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

would play/rotational players immediately at 90% of programs:

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)

I'm curious to see everyone's thoughts on this with plenty of time on our hands heading into Christmas

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
I would move Scott up. I think Singleton would at least be in the bottom category. Buford in the bottom category.

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
No Haarberg? I though you said he was the next Joe Montana? RollingLaugh

that was your Kong Derangement Syndrome talking, not me.
giphy.gif

KDS is real.
and you have it. bad.

there's only one person who's cured it - @timnsun

the only treatment is an open mind and ability to be objective. sadly, your case looks fatal.

please don't highjack this thread with your symptomatic outbursts. I am really interested to see what people think about this topic.

thanks and good luck with your recovery.

and you have it. bad.

the only treatment is an open mind and ability to be objective. sadly, your case looks fatal.

please don't highjack this thread with your symptomatic outbursts. I am really interested to see what people think about this topic.

You're not as cool as you think you are little boy. You're a punchline on here.

Reactions: drg1104
and you have it. bad.

Like a moth to a flame here I am now that you copy a post from another thread.

My case of KDS is nothing compared to your case of DEEZ. Thanks for the free rent, but you need to upgrade the place.

Like a moth to a flame here I am now that you copy a post from another thread.

My case of KDS is nothing compared to your case of DEEZ. Thanks for the free rent, but you need to upgrade the place.
I don't think you have KDS, nor was I accusing you of it.

was merely using your accurate post as proof it's not just me who recognizes it as a real affliction.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
I couldn't really argue with that list , so many variables to consider and that hurts my small brain.

Reactions: king_kong_

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
Everyone of our starters would start SOMEWHERE.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
please be specific.

because while I agree with you, for most it's like <30% of all FBS programs instead of 90%<
That's my point. I need parameters.

Your question is "elsewhere ".

That's vague. Of course they would start somewhere. What's your definition of "elsewhere "

That's my point. I need parameters.

Your question is "elsewhere ".

That's vague. Of course they would start somewhere. What's your definition of "elsewhere "
I put it in there.

start or be a rotation player at 90% of programs.

there are 133 FBS programs. 90% is top-end talent who'd only not play for the top 13.

which I think are fair parameters for an exercise like this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
and you have it. bad.

“Please don’t hyjack the thread” as he quotes/mentions two totally different posters to effectively talk more about Dunking on Kong syndrome (DKS) and less about which players would play for other teams. Oh well, at least the thread isn’t being hyjacked. 🤣

So the parameter is what exactly. 90% of programs. What do you consider programs? Any div 1 program? P5? Fbs?
there are 133 FBS programs. start at or play regularly for 90% is top-end talent who'd only not play for the top 13 or 14.

which I think are fair parameters for an exercise like this.

Isaiah Stalbird (did he walk on here?) is playing for a natty for the Jackrabbits. Might be drafted. Pretty much every player on our roster would play a lot “somewhere”.
of course I agree, though he's not playing for a natty just yet (Jackrabbits are 19.5 point favorites tonight in the national semifinals vs Albany)

hence the parameters.

I don't think anyone here would disagree with me when I say we need more top-end players who'd not just play "somewhere" but who'd play "anywhere" if they left NU.

perhaps I missed some in my OP.

curious to see others' thoughts.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
K. I will try to see if I am close to what I think Kong is trying to say. Kong correct me if I am wrong.

Which of our starters and/or rotational players, if they portaled out, could assume same role on a team of futuristic playoff team....top 12.

Does this work 🤔
more like how many of our players would start or play regularly for the 14th most talented team in the country.

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
Depends on the school. I think Nash would start on almost every school in the nation minus 5 or 6

Ty probably 65% of the D1 P5 schools
Singleton (You forgot him) probably 75% of schools before the injury
Cam probably 35% will rise though as he gets older
Princewill same as Cam about 35%
Gifford I'd say 45/50%

The rest you have listed between 5 and 25% of the D1 P5 Schools

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
Pretty good list Kong

of course I agree, though he's not playing for a natty just yet (Jackrabbits are 19.5 point favorites tonight in the national semifinals vs Albany)

hence the parameters.

I don't think anyone here would disagree with me when I say we need more top-end players who'd not just play "somewhere" but who'd play "anywhere" if they left NU.

perhaps I missed some in my OP.

curious to see others' thoughts.
If you’re in the playoffs you are playing for a natty

Here's mine, in 2 groups

Nash
Ty
Cam
Princewill
Alvano

Hartzog
Butler
Scott
J Bullock (?)
Gifford (?)
Fidone (?)
Coleman (?)
Gifford would start at most places. A lot of teams would start a kid like Benhart at right tackle. Personally, I think that the Huskers will do just fine coaching up Coleman and Lloyd to start next year so I am sure either of those two could start for a fair number of teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT