ADVERTISEMENT

When does the "Fire Hoiberg" movement begin?

I have season tickets, and have had for years (make that a few decades) but I've pretty much given up on the basketball program (and I'm getting close on the football program as well). I have not attended one basketball game this season and don't plan to do so now. I will likely give up my basketball season tickets after this season.

I have season tickets, and have had for years (make that a few decades) but I've pretty much given up on the basketball program (and I'm getting close on the football program as well). I have not attended one basketball game this season and don't plan to do so now. I will likely give up my basketball season tickets after this season.
Sad. Don't blame you.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for quite some time now. My biggest problem with Hoiberg doesn’t have anything to do with Ws & Ls.

For some reason he feels the need to follow the National Anthem with the Black National Anthem. I’m not a fan.

#My Two Cents

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Hoiberg brought in Cam Mack, then Teddy Allen, and now Alonzo Verge.

Each year he brings in a ball hungry, selfish player that ruins the flow of a team offense.

This is my biggest problem with Hoiberg; stop spending precious time and resources on ME first guys and build a damn program. It has and continues to hold us back.

bball is not really important.
Nebraska does ok in football, wrestling and gymnastics historically.
bball not so much....
unless we are going to assemble a bird, dj, parish, mchale, walton, ainge & casey jones type team.

bball is not really important.
Nebraska does ok in football, wrestling and gymnastics historically.
bball not so much....
unless we are going to assemble a bird, dj, parish, mchale, walton, ainge & casey jones type team.
Basketball is important…Wrestling isn’t important..

Reactions: DanielJohn05
Hoiberg brought in Cam Mack, then Teddy Allen, and now Alonzo Verge.

Each year he brings in a ball hungry, selfish player that ruins the flow of a team offense.

This is my biggest problem with Hoiberg; stop spending precious time and resources on ME first guys and build a damn program. It has and continues to hold us back.
the 5 star is the biggest ball hog on the team and not all that good.

He's not going to be here long enough to improve enough to ever help this team progress.

Reactions: tdierberger
Remember when building the new arena was going to totally transform our program and bring the wins? Just like people said with building the Bob?

Remember when people who questioned whether it actually would were criticized?

Yeah, it didn't work.

The Nebraska basketball program is the worst program in the history of “power five“, no bones about it, not close.

Nebraska basketball is quite literally cursed.
Maybe just building a stupid building doesn't actually accomplish much as far as on-field results. That's shocking.

My son has said more than once we should have just kept Tim Miles, and I have to agree. I was out visiting a family friend last night and we discussed NU football and basketball to some extent and he pointed out that Bill Moos went out and hired two coaches that the fans wanted (Frost and Hoiberg) and this is what we got. Now Trev has the unenviable task of possibly firing a Husker legend (Frost) and finding another basketball coach. Both replacements are going to cost us a mint and I'm not sure how many of the big donors are going to be willing to put up more money to do this.

Reactions: ATX Husker
My son has said more than once we should have just kept Tim Miles, and I have to agree. I was out visiting a family friend last night and we discussed NU football and basketball to some extent and he pointed out that Bill Moos went out and hired two coaches that the fans wanted (Frost and Hoiberg) and this is what we got. Now Trev has the unenviable task of possibly firing a Husker legend (Frost) and finding another basketball coach. Both replacements are going to cost us a mint and I'm not sure how many of the big donors are going to be willing to put up more money to do this.
I think some of the big donors still are hoping SF can turn this thing around..I don’t think FH has the same support of the donors and he is losing the fan base with his product he is putting on the floor..

No question us fans got who we wanted and now we’re having to live with it up to this point..

The department lost 28 mil last year too. Trev is earning his money.

I think we should give Fred a pay cut and have him fire all his defensive assistants. Then force him to get multiple 4 or 5 star big men through HS or the portal.

I personally want Danny Nee’s cryogenically frozen head to be our next bball coach

I mean hardly anyone cares anymore, but we are losing badly again tonight. I guess we might cover the spread, so that's positive. When do we start to say Hoiberg has had enough time and it's time to move on?

For me, I don't like this style of defensive basketball. Give up way too many straight line layups, backdoor dunks, and second chance points off rebounds.

It's about time to show him the door after this season.
Well this thought should be picking up steam I mean damn when is enough enough?

Maybe just building a stupid building doesn't actually accomplish much as far as on-field results. That's shocking.
yep- just reason to grift money(although it’s an awesome place for shows and BB)

Cold reality is History and tradition mean something in college sports, or so we say when it’s a convenient argument for the FB team. Nebraska has really never been anything beyond below average in BB- for 100 years.

since poking fun of Iowa is popular here- for comparison they have gone to 27 ncaa tournaments- 27.

historically we’re in the company of NW, Rutgers and Penn State- except they’ve actually won in the tournament.

timmy was 71-28 in pinnacle bank arena.

fred is 17-25 in pinnacle bank arena.

tim is currently 6-5 at san jose state, a team that has not won more than 7 games since 4 seasons.

why did we do this to ourselves.
Because Timmy had an overall .500 record and a terrible conference record. He also only made it to the tournament 1 time in 7 years and lost in the first round.

just because Fred is bad, doesn’t make Tim Miles good. Both are awful. We did right telling Tim GTFO

Because Timmy had an overall .500 record and a terrible conference record. He also only made it to the tournament 1 time in 7 years and lost in the first round.

just because Fred is bad, doesn’t make Tim Miles good. Both are awful. We did right telling Tim GTFO

Yeah and Miles is also winless in conference play this season (0-7). Not exactly lighting it up at SJSU.

And how soon people forget the embarrassing losses at home he had to teams like Incarnate Word, Gardner-Webb, Samford, and Kent State.

Plus, the Big Ten was not nearly as good most years when Miles was here. Miles went 13-5 in conference play that one year and barely made the NIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yantzeee
An OT loss to Ohio State and a road loss to MSU would not be hard to swallow, if NU ever beat anyone with a pulse.
You could say the same for 🏈. Losing to ohio state by 9 and in ot msu would have been fine if we didnt lose to almost everyone else

Reactions: schuele
$15 million buyout. I'm guessing Trev will "restructure" his contract like he did with Frost and give him one more year. He actually has a legit big man coming in next year in Keita. Needs to find a legit point guard now.

Trev has no leverage here. Hoiberg has a contract in which NU would owe him $18.5 million if he's terminated at the end of this season.

One can't compare this situation to the football program.

I think that performance enhancing weed wears off too soon for the men. They might have start smoking it at half time. Then our problems will be solved in basketball and football.

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u

No argument there. I was among those clamoring for Miles departure and it was necessary. But at least Timmy brought in kids who could compete. Hoiberg has brought in nothing but misfits and bottom of the barrel talent. This charade can’t be expected to continue.

I'm going to make the donation for my basketball tickets for the 2022-2023 season, which will give me more time (until renewals in June/July whenever it is) to evaluate whether I actually keep the season tickets for next season. The donation is minor compared to the price of the tickets and parking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT