ADVERTISEMENT

When did everyone turn on HC Scott Frost?

I guess it was during the throes of a fourth four-win season that I started to lose faith in the anointed one.

I haven't been on this board for years but it's amazing how fast things have turned. What was the defining moment? In my personal opinion, he has shown progress and I think he can turn things around. GBR!
Illinois 2021.

It demonstrated that there has not been growth in 2 out of the 3 units of the team by year 4.

In fact, offense and special teams both looked to have regressed even though we are blessed with a 4 year starter at QB.

Same exact mistakes, different names on the backs of the jerseys.

Confirmed against OU. And then again at MSU. Nothing ever changes except the players. Our veteran defense is keeping us in games but outside of that, same shit different day.

Lack of discipline, lack of accountability, still making same mistakes (lack of attention to detail). Look up our record in one score games. It's almost impossible to accomplish without a concerted effort.

To boot, the team has quit on the field on Scott Frost more than one time during his time here. Don't know why, but it's ugly when that happens, and I'm afraid with the wide chasm between the defense and the offense, it's going to happen again this season as the losses pile up.

Last edited:
There was a segment of the fan base who did, and seeing how things played out, they had every right to be upset. There was also a certain segment of the fan base who loved Callahan from the get go, and those are probably the same fans saying they want him back. After that 2006 season, Callahan had all the support you could ever ask for, and he totally choked.
I think that loss to Smiss killed his support, now maybe it got built back up with recruiting but it was fragile at best. But yeah, that 2006 season destroyed it for sure, that was bad.

Fans gave Bill Callahan plenty of chances. What did we get from it besides two losing seasons and he shat on our traditions.
You're shitting us, right? You must have suffered some sort of amnesia or something. Fans ON THIS VERY BOARD helped organize an "alternative golf tournament" featuring Frank Solich during Callahan's first season. Callahan hadn't even gotten his Husker gear back from the alterations shop and fans were packing his bags.

When half of the fanbase starts holding rallies for Riley, then Frost can cry on my shoulder because the fan support is lacking.

You're shitting us, right? You must have suffered some sort of amnesia or something. Fans ON THIS VERY BOARD helped organize an "alternative golf tournament" featuring Frank Solich during Callahan's first season. Callahan hadn't even gotten his Husker gear back from the alterations shop and fans were packing his bags.

When half of the fanbase starts holding rallies for Riley, then Frost can cry on my shoulder because the fan support is lacking.
Oh my god, I forgot about the golf thing!

Quite frankly he deserved it, and it's not surprising fans still supported Solich at the time. He had the chance to turn around that animosity in the 2005 and 2006 seasons and largely did. However he pissed it away that 2007 season and that was the end of it. Callahan was a terrible hire from the start and was never going to work out here. No amount of revisionist history is going to change that.

Quite frankly he deserved it, and it's not surprising fans still supported Solich at the time. He had the chance to turn around that animosity in the 2005 and 2006 seasons and largely did. However he pissed it away that 2007 season and that was the end of it. Callahan was a terrible hire from the start and was never going to work out here. No amount of revisionist history is going to change that.
Solich's 58 wins during his first six seasons as Nebraska's head coach exceeded those of his predecessors, Bob Devaney (53 wins) and Osborne (55 wins), both of whom are in the College Football Hall of Fame.[2]

When he acted like some martyr saving college football just to go 3-5 and get hit with infractions right after give or take. The “you think he’s better than what we’ve got” moment really piles onto the general unearned arrogance.

Lol! This guy probably has a job and a life. Yore 38,000 posts speak volumes about you, scarletred. You gonna sniffle about mommy when this guy fires back at you too?
Lmaoooo who takes the time to come on a husker message board but doesn’t even know who’s playing QB???

Was Frost really chewing tobacco in the the post game press conference? I enjoy a dip as much as the next guy but c'mon

You’re asking this question and don’t know tells me everything about your post history as a fan..
What are you implying? Because I haven't posted on here in about 5 years you are discrediting me as a fan? I was born and raised in Grand Island and know several people personally on this board. I am sure you probably have a hard time between the people that troll and the people who post legitimately.

I haven't been on this board for years but it's amazing how fast things have turned. What was the defining moment? In my personal opinion, he has shown progress and I think he can turn things around. GBR!
I'd say I didn't actually turn on him until year 3, but I knew there were problems right away. That very first game against Colorado was probably the most ill-disciplined game I've ever seen and there have been discipline issues ever since. I've favored wholesale staff changes since year 1, but it's become more and more obvious the problem lies directly with Frost.

For me it was about his 11th lo
When he has a much more talented team in 2021 than the previous 3 years but still loses in the same inexplicable, zany fashion. A good coach has this team at 5-0 right now. But 2-3? Almost halfway into the season and Buffalo is our best win. No power 5 wins…yet.

Minnesota last year.
You could at least explain the Illinois game as just a big letdown game after beating Penn State, but there were zero excuses to lose to Minnesota. A third of their team was gone from Covid, they had a horrible rush defense, and instead of running the ball non-stop, we attempt to pass it 30 times.

I started really questioning Scott at the start of year 3, even though it was a covid year.

While I liked the backtalk he gave the B1G commissioner, it was clear to me that he was not playing the best players, and had made many missteps from trash talking and player management.

While at times, he has done okay recruiting, he then spoils it by playing a head case at the leadership positions and letting that filter through the team, causing transfers out of players that could have continued helping the team.

It's this player mis-management that I'm most angry about.

The second is his ego/attitude toward the fans/media.

And finally his big mouth..

Which I could put up with, if he could back it up.

I would be happy to never hear or see Scott Frost associated with the program again.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT