ADVERTISEMENT

What's the most broke you've ever been?

Jeremara

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2007
The Heart of it All
And having to fend for yourself...

For me it was early July 1995. I went to Billings, MT from Big Sky (3hrs) where I lived to hang out with my cousin on the 4th. I only had enough $$ for gas to get there and go to the bar for a few drinks. I didn't have enough to get back and work my shift on the morning of the 6th but, what the hell, I went anyway.

My genious plan to get back stemmed from my prior employment at a moving company in Omaha, and knowing they had employees no call/no show all the time. I figured I could get work on the 5th in Billings by walking into a moving place and say, "I will work for cash, and I'm no rook." Then, I would drive home that night with a full tank and some Doritos and a Dr Pepper.

However, as luck would have it, while at the bar (Silverados) my cousin and his buddy dared me to jump, fully clothed, into the beer garden fountain for $20 each. So I did and made more than enough to get me back to Big Sky. Plus, by that time they were buying the rounds. To top it off, before I left in the morning my Aunt asked me for a ride to Bozeman, half way to Big Sky, and would give me $50 for gas. So, I got back to Big Sky early, without lumping furniture on a whim, and was able to hit the bars that night with my Big Sky friends Smokin.

Eventually I got tired of living that way, finished college, and am now doing decently well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News