ADVERTISEMENT

What's the best deal folks are getting on Dish Network new customer packages?

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
First off, are they set in their price or can they be haggled for a lower price if you're a new customer? I like their 2 year price lock, but with 2 HD-DVRs for the America's Top 200, the bill will be $86 with taxes...if I could get them to $75 inclusive with that package, I think I would probably pull the trigger, but damn, satellite tv is steep! We just cancelled our DirecTV service (were paying $101/month for XTRA) and I started my subscription to Playstation Vue ($35/month)...we're going to try it for a month, but I'm just checking back up plans in case I want/need to go back to satellite

First off, are they set in their price or can they be haggled for a lower price if you're a new customer? I like their 2 year price lock, but with 2 HD-DVRs for the America's Top 200, the bill will be $86 with taxes...if I could get them to $75 inclusive with that package, I think I would probably pull the trigger, but damn, satellite tv is steep! We just cancelled our DirecTV service (were paying $101/month for XTRA) and I started my subscription to Playstation Vue ($35/month)...we're going to try it for a month, but I'm just checking back up plans in case I want/need to go back to satellite
We just went with Dish after being with Direct for years - actually their dvr system hopper and the "Jollie" I believe is really pretty darn good - we got their middle package for $64 with equipment rental on top of that - the only problem with these guys is they bundle the internet with Frontier - which we hate so we had to get separate internet with Xfinity

I find their smart/skinny/flex pack laughable at best, it just jumbles programs around and tries to get you to buy another "a la carte" or other add on. I have Dish, but the day is coming when they will have to let people choose exactly what they want instead of some of their trick play programming. :rolleyes:

I believe PS4's and PS3's can be used as a Joey to your hopper

One thing I wouldn't do is bundle TV and internet service with a satellite. Dish and Direct TV both go out when there is a drop of rain in the forecast, and if you have both services with satellite, you're completely cut off from the outside world. I have Dish Network for television service and a non-satellite provider for my internet service and there have been countless times I was glad I did it that way.

P.S. Read the fine print in your service agreement. The rates you start with will increase no matter what you sign. That's the way they all work, so don't fool yourself that they'll stay fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: grayhairedfreak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT