ADVERTISEMENT

What would a Nebraska NIL package for Jordan Addison look like?

SUGAR LAND TX

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
1. You can't assume the collective's NIL funds are unlimited
2. You may factor in that the Collective members may generate additional revenue from using Addison's name, recognition and likeness from all the publicity
3. You have to take into consideration we likely have other needs to address - DL, OL, etc., that mean the Collective may have competing hires. A tremendous WR talent can be game-changing, but so can having a great DL. Also, we need NIL capacity for the next recruiting class and the next transfer portal class.
4. You can take into account the fact that some other guys we are competing with on other players, e.g., USC, could be stretched thing should Addison go there, which may help us.
5. There are possibly a couple "second-best" WRs avaiiable who could add to the offense significantly but either not as much as Addison or they may have other downsides compared to Addison.
6. You need to consider how your proposed NIL package might affect morale of others on the team and Nebraska's ability to retain players next time around

There are probably other considerations I missed.

My thought is that I'd have a hard time going above $700K if I was the collective. A top-flight DL might even be more impactful for us if we could get one. I think it will take $1M or a little more to get him (I simply don't believe that anyone is as yet in a place where they'd pay the rumored $3-3.5M - man, the rest of the team would hate the guy) unless they won the NC, and of the rumored suitors, only a couple could do that by adding a great WR.

Thoughts?

Reactions: marlon_fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News