ADVERTISEMENT

What looked good: Offense

kennercaleb32

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
Here are my positive takes on the offensive side of the ball.

1 - Jet Sweep: Moore looked great in this and made one move and got up field. I didn't care for Turner doing it. Way too much juking, not enough North/South running. Defense rarely had an answer for this. DPE will do some damage with this. But I like both Moore and DPE in that role.

2 - Quick Passes: I liked how early we got the ball to our playmakers and let them do what they could. Tommy was comfortable and we were consistently getting 6-8 yard gains if not more. We lost focus of doing this in the 2nd Quarter. But went back a little in the 3rd which helped us make a run and eventually take the lead.

3 - Mikale Wilbon: Really liked what he had to offer not only in the run game but also screen game. He was patient in his reads and was difficult to bring down and juked some guys out of their shoes. He IMO should be the starter. Newby seemed to shy away from contact and easy to bring down. There was a run where it should of been a 2 yard loss and Wilbon turned it into a 3 yard gain. These things are what make good if not great running-backs.

4 - Offensive Scheme: Really liked the different looks we used from jet sweep motion, play action, and the timing of balls. Tommy made some throws yesterday that I have personally never seen done. One play in particular that I liked was the delayed TE seam that lead to a Foster touchdown. Not only do we have athletes on the field but not have an Offensive Coordinator that can confuse the defenses.

5 - Halftime adjustments: As most of you I saw a team in the 2nd quarter that looked a lot like a Bo team and could of got worse especially Hill heating up and their defense was controlling us. This was looking like a Wisconsin game in the making the way BYU was playing going into the half. Langsdorf went back to simplifying the offense which lead to 2 separate drives for TD's.

6 - WR play: Wow, I thought these guys looked good and the technique that Williams has brought has been huge. Majority of the game I saw clean, crisp routes and very few drops. Very athletic on the outside and I liked how we got the ball quickly to them and just let them work.

If you saw anything else you liked please comment!

Reactions: Dble E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.