ADVERTISEMENT

What is up the SMU pull as of late with some of the 2021 recruits....?

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
I’m seeing a Top 80 via Rivals and Top 39 via 24/7 Savion Byrd has 7 crystal balls for SMU and Rival picks going in for SMU? He’s one guy, I get that but he’s not the only one I’m seeing with SMU at the top or has SMU as co leaders. SMU isn’t even a Power 5 team and I don’t remember seeing UCF ever getting that same pull as SMU has gotten as of late. What’s the deal with this AAC team?

And it’s not a big deal, I’m just more curious then anything. I have seen SMU in a lot of top prospects top teams. And don’t remember it ever being like that the past several years, just 2021 class so far.

They have already pulled in this Top 100 QB. I’m assuming the SMU and the Dallas area helped with this one...and he only had 42 offers, lol.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: huskerssalts
And it’s not a big deal, I’m just more curious then anything. I have seen SMU in a lot of top prospects top teams. And don’t remember it ever being like that the past several years, just 2021 class so far.
Dallas area. LOTS of beautiful women. Beautiful campus. Private school. They've won enough lately. Why wouldn't a top ranked recruit consider them?

Dallas area. LOTS of beautiful women. Beautiful campus. Private school. They've won enough lately. Why wouldn't a top ranked recruit consider them?

Oh I get it, usually, USUALLY those top players want to play for a Power 5 team and not a non power 5 team. Hell, you’d figure Texas Or Texas AM would have a pull before SMU, or even Texas Tech and TCU.

And I wouldn’t exactly say they been winning as of late. They did have last year but that’s it.
SMU has gone...5-7, 1-11, 2-10, 5-7, 7-6, 5-7 the years before last season. But they did go 10-3 under Dykes in 2019. So maybe they are selling the players that?

Last edited:

They play in an empty stadium. Sonny Dykes was excited when they got 29k in attendance for one game. Bleacher report rated SMU stadium the 21st least feared stadium in college football. They also play in a non-power 5 conference.

Have to compete locally with TCU & Baylor, who obviously both are in a Power 5 and actually play big time games. But even worse, you have to fight against professional sports and the beloved Boys.

The people of Dallas, for the most part, are bandwagon fans. And without being in a Power 5 conference leaves little chance of national recognition, which means it’s very unlikely to ever put butts in seats at a major level or create buzz around the program.

if hot girls, private college, and winning against inferior competition is its plus. A lot of schools can claim that. But I think if girls are your concern as a recruit, SMU is not the place to go. There aren’t jersey chasers at SMU.

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT