ADVERTISEMENT

What has Harbaugh actually won?

HuskerJimi

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 1, 2016
San Diego
Had a friend come over and watch the Husker game today with me, and he asked me, "What if Harbaugh was your coach? Don't you think having a big time coach like him would change things?" This was before the Husker game even ended.

I responded with, "For all the hype about Harbaugh, what has he actually won?" He could only name an NFC title. I replied, "Harbaugh is all hype. He has never truly created a culture or winning program. The biggest games he has fallen short. He comes in and pushes everyone around him to raise their game but over-does it and they improve, but he can't sustain the relationships and is gone before any winning happens. He hasn't brought in talent, or changed the roster of any team enough to win anything of significance."

Riley has created programs, and won. He has beaten the big boys when the stakes are highest. He has cultivated relationships that still pay big dividends for our program today, (Calibraska). I like the plan, and believe Riley redshirted a lot of players this year because of Tommy and his lack of execution. We need difference makers, and I am hopeful Riley brings them in. Harbaugh hasn't had to create anything to sell, Michigan is a brand that's easy to sell.

I wish we would have won today, but I am excited to know this team will be VERY DIFFERENT next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News