ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Newby?

Why didn't Ozigbo get more carries in the second half? Newby dances too much and goes down too easily. If Ozigbo starts from here on out, we're probably better off.

Newby returned the kick with :10 seconds left. Didn't look hurt to me. Would rather have Ozigbo run the ball anyway. Newby wouldn't have scored on Ozigbo's TD run.

It is sort of amazing that Ozigbo suddenly popped to the top of the "rotation." I thought he played reasonably well (except apparently for going on the last play without getting clear on what it was - seriously?) but when did they redo the depth chart?

It is sort of amazing that Ozigbo suddenly popped to the top of the "rotation." I thought he played reasonably well (except apparently for going on the last play without getting clear on what it was - seriously?) but when did they redo the depth chart?

Newby's done ok. Cross has been somewhat of a "more of the same" guy this year. People have been pining for Wilbon and Taylor, but Taylor has been on the shelf, and Wilbon for whatever reason can't put a complete skillset together. Ozigbo has been mentioned in bits and pieces here and there as "progressing", but I don't think anyone expected him to open with as big a role to start conference play.

Reactions: RedSea
Newby was on the bench and I don't see why you feel he actually deserves carries! Outside of getting all the carries vs a pathetic South Alabama team, Newby's has looked subpar. He gives us no spark, no production, and no edge. Don't know what these coaches have been looking at but they should have let another RB get carries a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT