ADVERTISEMENT

We're back, HCSF has just started this process, but look better than expected.

Lesser coaches have taken worse teams(yes, people there have been worse teams than our team last year) and made as big or bigger improvements in one year. Jeff Brohm took a 3-9 Purdue team that was worse than our 4-8 team and had less talent and got them to 6 wins regular season(plus a bowl win) with a schedule that included a non-conference game against Louisville, and conference road games against Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin(sound familiar?). But it's supposed to be iffy at best that Scott Frost can make a 2 game improvement? Come on.
Yeah sounds just like it...all you gotta do is add @Ohio State, @Michigan, and against mich state. Almost like looking into a mirror.
But no I dont think its iffy to expect a 2 game improvement, as I said above.
And I also mean it when I said some people refuse to accept just how bad we were last year, you being one of them.

Yeah sounds just like it...all you gotta do is add @Ohio State, @Michigan, and against mich state. Almost like looking into a mirror.
But no I dont think its iffy to expect a 2 game improvement, as I said above.
And I also mean it when I said some people refuse to accept just how bad we were last year, you being one of them.
The question is, why were we as bad as you want us to believe we were last year? Was it talent? No, by all measurements we recruit better than the rest in the west.

So if it wasn’t talent, then it had to be coaching. Already the coaching staff has shown they are serious in the weight room and have shown themselves to be good enough for 13-0 and a top 6 finish.

We were putrid last year, but that doesn’t mean we will be putrid this year. I think it’s ok to say we were horrible last year and still have the expectation that 8 wins is doable. Your ceiling looks like 2 win improvement... 6 wins this year?

I think we get at least 7, maybe more, but then again, I am an optimist. I expected 9-10 wins last year. So in the end, what do I know?

The question is, why were we as bad as you want us to believe we were last year? Was it talent? No, by all measurements we recruit better than the rest in the west.

So if it wasn’t talent, then it had to be coaching. Already the coaching staff has shown they are serious in the weight room and have shown themselves to be good enough for 13-0 and a top 6 finish.

We were putrid last year, but that doesn’t mean we will be putrid this year. I think it’s ok to say we were horrible last year and still have the expectation that 8 wins is doable. Your ceiling looks like 2 win improvement... 6 wins this year?

I think we get at least 7, maybe more, but then again, I am an optimist. I expected 9-10 wins last year. So in the end, what do I know?
I drank the kool aid last year as well.
Try reading my posts. Ive never put a ceiling. Maybe a floor.
The point is that we have a team that hasnt been coached for three years. So just to shake that off and go win 8-9 games is more of a big deal than youre playing it off to be, dont be playing stupid. We were awful last year. 8 wins should get Frost another national COY.
I find it hilarious all the riley lovers on here and how they all the sudden have high expectations. Quite telling.

The fact is that five wins isnt acceptable next year (like it was to Riley fans after he took over for Bo). Nor would 4 or 5 wins be acceptable in year three (as it was to many up until the very end, some with some lasting butthurt.)
Frost fans arent moving the goal posts. Butthurt and passive aggressive Riley fans are.
Frost fans just understand that we are inheriting a team kicking from the 50. Riley inhereted a team kicking from the 25.

The point is that we have a team that hasnt been coached for three years. So just to shake that off and go win 8-9 games is more of a big deal than youre playing it off to be, dont be playing stupid. We were awful last year. 8 wins should get Frost another national COY.
I find it hilarious all the riley lovers on here and how they all the sudden have high expectations. Quite telling.

The fact is that five wins isnt acceptable next year (like it was to Riley fans after he took over for Bo). Nor would 4 or 5 wins be acceptable in year three (as it was to many up until the very end, some with some lasting butthurt.)
Frost fans arent moving the goal posts. Butthurt and passive aggressive Riley fans are.
Frost fans just understand that we are inheriting a team kicking from the 50. Riley inhereted a team kicking from the 25.
Try reading your posts?

You: I don’t think it’s iffy to expect a 2 game improvement.

That’s not exactly a ringing endorsement for more wins than 2... Sorry I misread that.

I think 3 win improvement is the floor. Please don’t ridicule me for my optimism.

I said 7 wins. That's hardly high expectations. I say 7 wins because I believe in Frost and believe he can do it. That has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what I felt or feel about Riley.

Try reading your posts?

You: I don’t think it’s iffy to expect a 2 game improvement.

That’s not exactly a ringing endorsement for more wins than 2... Sorry I misread that.

I think 3 win improvement is the floor. Please don’t ridicule me for my optimism.
You did misread it.
The post I quoted said "but its supposed to be iffy to expect a 2 game improvement? Come on.."
To which I replied, no I dont think its iffy to expect a 2 game improvement.
In other words, I agree with him that its foolish to think its a questionable expectation to expect 2 more wins.
Got it now or do I need to explain further?

After you admit you misread my post, you can continue your passive aggressive "optimism" which is nothing more than a shot at Riley haters excited about Frost but realistic about the shit sandwich Riley made here.

I said 7 wins. That's hardly high expectations. I say 7 wins because I believe in Frost and believe he can do it. That has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what I felt or feel about Riley.
7 wins is certainly a reasonable expectation. Im sure you said the same about Riley after his first year, too. :rolleyes:
Oh...and are your ears burnin? My response wasnt for you but you saw yourself in it. Winking

You did misread it.
The post I quoted said "but its supposed to be iffy to expect a 2 game improvement? Come on.."
To which I replied, no I dont think its iffy to expect a 2 game improvement.
In other words, I agree with him that its foolish to think its a questionable expectation to expect 2 more wins.
Got it now or do I need to explain further?

After you admit you misread my post, you can continue your passive aggressive "optimism" which is nothing more than a shot at Riley haters excited about Frost but realistic about the shit sandwich Riley made here.
Btw dont take it personally tim youre a reasonable poster just stating my case. We arent that far off.

Reactions: timnsun
Btw didnt i just post that 7 isnt unreasonable? What im saying is its crazy to think frost can just wake up and piss 8 wins like you seem to think. Your riley fandom blinded you to how bad things got. Yes I admit at the end you admitted it was time

Btw you forgot to admit that you misread my post Smokin maybe nows a good time?

Saw RollingLaugh
Deleted the quote from my post above tho. My wife says I can be a prick too.
Dang... sorry man. I get too riled up. Bad habit over a message board.

I’ve been trying to post less, to police myself. Today was not my day.

7 wins is certainly a reasonable expectation. Im sure you said the same about Riley after his first year, too. :rolleyes:
Oh...and are your ears burnin? My response wasnt for you but you saw yourself in it. Winking
Well-you did refer to "all the Riley lovers on here" and since you were replying to me earlier in the thread and I've been called a "Riley lover" or "Riley apologist" or whatever phrase you want to use I figured you were probably intending to refer to me too.

Dang... sorry man. I get too riled up. Bad habit over a message board.

I’ve been trying to post less, to police myself. Today was not my day.
No not a problem at all I thought man i musta really pissed tim off to get him to say that!! RollingLaugh

I havent decided on a win prediction yet. Go back and forth. Truth be told last week I read some articles, saw some videos, drank two gallons of "Red Rovers Extra Spiked Kool Aid" and texted a buddy "10 WINS NEXT YEAR!!"
After an hour of foaming at the mouth I settled back down, but those thoughts enter my head too. As does the reality of last year.

6 is my floor though, thats decided. Too much time left to make a prediction. I was rash last year and legit thought 9-10.

Reactions: timnsun
Well-you did refer to "all the Riley lovers on here" and since you were replying to me earlier in the thread and I've been called a "Riley lover" or "Riley apologist" or whatever phrase you want to use I figured you were probably intending to refer to me too.
7 wins is reasonable, thats all that matters.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-21-at-5.15.21-PM_bw8jr3.png
First big takeaway from the Spring Game and there is still summer conditioning and Fall Camp to get better.

Nebraska is stacked at QB, RB and WR. Loaded. OL looks so much better with a lot of bad weight gone. The movement penalties were bound to happen this early. We'll be fine at TE, not a position that will make or break the offensive continuity.

Defense still looks a little confused. Trying to unlearn bad habits from Bo to Riley and learn a new scheme is going to be hard for these guys. Still a lot of tentative movement. Going to be a big ? into Fall Camp as to who starts, but there is talent here, especially up-front.

Seeing a guy like Neal develop on the DL is all I need to see to validate HCSF methods. What an improved player. Nebraska is back. The process has begun.

I would disagree that we are "stacked" at RB. We have Greg Bell...and everyone else, IMO. Wilbon and Bradley take forever in and out of cuts, and neither is fleet of foot. Ozigbo might be quick when he has an opening, and does run aggressively, but still lacks outside speed. Who knows what's going to happen with Tre Bryant. To me this group is loaded with mediocrity, and has one pretty decent looking RB.

I'm actually pleased with what we have at QB. Martinez is going to be a good one, and has a good chance at starting next year. Gebbia is going to be a gamer, even without being a great runner. Bunch I think showed very well for a walkon (very strong arm and decent runner), and Vedral knows the system and has a good arm and we know he is athletic.

I agree on WR, although I wish Lindsey would open it up and not slow down so much when making cuts. McQuitty looks to be the real deal.

Guys. We are not back. We took a huge step forward. But let’s get real. Some have even said Adrian Martinez is a heisman candidate. This is craziness.

I think we can all agree this team is in great physical shape. I haven’t seen our players this cut since 99. I think we were all scared shitless about our QB situation. I know I was. But Gebbia and Martinez showed they can get this thing going.

We are far from being back. We will be back when we blow out teams by 40 plus points. Ranked or not. We should only really have one game a year where we as fans look at them and think it’s 50/50. Right now I’m looking at 4-5 almost guaranteed losses. Obviously anything can happen. But if anyone truly thinks we stack up with PSU, MSU, OSU and Wisconsin right now, then they are crazy. Heck throw in Iowa as well.

However, I think we take a giant leap forward this season. This spring brought a lot of faith and confidence in this team and it’s potential.

When I say "back" I mean back to real Husker football. No excuses anymore. GBR

I would disagree that we are "stacked" at RB. We have Greg Bell...and everyone else, IMO. Wilbon and Bradley take forever in and out of cuts, and neither is fleet of foot. Ozigbo might be quick when he has an opening, and does run aggressively, but still lacks outside speed. Who knows what's going to happen with Tre Bryant. To me this group is loaded with mediocrity, and has one pretty decent looking RB.

I'm actually pleased with what we have at QB. Martinez is going to be a good one, and has a good chance at starting next year. Gebbia is going to be a gamer, even without being a great runner. Bunch I think showed very well for a walkon (very strong arm and decent runner), and Vedral knows the system and has a good arm and we know he is athletic.

I agree on WR, although I wish Lindsey would open it up and not slow down so much when making cuts. McQuitty looks to be the real deal.
Let's say you're right on the RBs (personally I think Bradley will be fine). We have Bell who can operate on all downs and Zig who can bring a bit of thump. Washington and Miles Jones are in Lincoln this summer and I would say a guy like JD will have a package of run plays. We knew things didn't look so hot at RB pre-Frost, but better options are already on campus and I am sure things will look even better after a couple of recruiting cycles.

Par for the course for that crowd.

Coming into the spring game, the qb position was the biggest question mark. I'm now confident we'll have good qb play whoever ends up winning the starting job.

As far as RBs Bradley looks to me like he has the most upside out of all of them. I thought Bell looked very average and danced around way too much. It could have just been a one off thing though, probably the first time he's played in front of 90000 fans.

I don't think Lindsey's ever going to live up to the hype he had coming in although he can still end up being a very good wr for us. I think Lindsey will end up being overshadowed by Morgan, Spielman and McQuitty and even some of the new guys we have coming in.

First big takeaway from the Spring Game is how much better conditioned these guys look, and there is still summer conditioning and Fall Camp to get better.

Nebraska is stacked at QB, RB and WR. Loaded. OL looks so much better with a lot of bad weight gone. The movement penalties were bound to happen this early. We'll be fine at TE, not a position that will make or break the offensive continuity.

Defense still looks a little confused. Trying to unlearn bad habits from Bo to Riley and learn a new scheme is going to be hard for these guys. Still a lot of tentative movement. Going to be a big ? into Fall Camp as to who starts, but there is talent here, especially up-front.

Seeing a guy like Neal develop on the DL is all I need to see to validate HCSF methods. What an improved player. Nebraska is back. The process has begun.

I believe we were actually back when we bear Oklahoma in 2009. Bo said so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT