ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Geoff Exstrom to Inside Nebraska!

Zack Carpenter

Graduate Assistant
Staff
May 19, 2022
We have filled our fourth and final full-time position: Please give a warm welcome to @GeoffExstrom!

Geoff will be our staff writer covering Nebraska volleyball and baseball. He is a recent graduate from the University of Nebraska’s sports media and communication and broadcast production program. Though this is his first professional position in sports media post-graduation, he comes to us highly recommended by some of the most trustworthy folks in the market.

I have been telling people this privately and now I get to share it publicly: Geoff’s résumé and writing clips do not look like that of a recent college grad. They look more like that of a person who has been in the professional world for several years. That’s the product of him having grinded endlessly over the last six years dating back to his high school days.

Geoff was the sports staff director of Nebraska’s KRNU 90.3 for the last four years, he has four years of experience as a play-by-play broadcaster covering Husker athletics for the Big Ten Network, and he has worked at the Lincoln Journal Star for nearly three years as a sportswriter covering Husker wrestling, multiple college sports in Nebraska and high school athletics. All of that is in addition to his time in leadership programs at UNL and numerous other roles covering Nebraska sports.

He also co-founded the “Athletes Unfiltered” podcast with former Huskers quarterback Adrian Martinez, which Geoff guided to a nomination for the Best College Sports Podcast award by the Sports Podcast Awards this year.

Geoff is a rising star in this industry, and I don’t throw that term around lightly. So I couldn’t be happier to have landed him. Give him a follow on Twitter (@Ex_On_Sports) and welcome him to the Inside Nebraska community!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News