ADVERTISEMENT

We owe fat boy a beat down

Nuk Nuk Nuk

images

Reactions: dinglefritz
just have your de crash in toward the middle and leave the back door wide open play after play after play after play. fix was in.

Dang, you guys confused me. I thought you were talking about 2021 when BB's first Illinois team beat us 30-22 and finished 5-7.

Gotta be honest, I harbor a LOT more animosity towards Scott Frost than I do Bret Bielema. It's not even close.
I just harbor profound sadness that Frost didn’t get it done. I can’t hate him. He won us a title as a player. 😕

Once he ran out of Callahan's recruits.... That 2012 B1G CCG is when I officially was off the Pelini train.

That was easily the turning point for me as well.

Spent so much time the week leading reading about how everything points to Nebraska playing in the Rose Bowl. I forget the spread… but I want to say we we slight favorites.

Then the rest is history.

Have to admit that 70-31 beat down still rubs me the wrong way.
Of course Pelini’s defensive staff did a horrendous job gets us ready for championship game..
That's probably the single most embarrassing performance I can recall.

Nothing fancy. Nothing flashy.

They ran about 3 different plays the whole game and just rammed the ball up our "defensive guru" head coaches' nether region sideways.

Had my team been on the other side of that performance, would have shed tears of joy. Was a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
That's probably the single most embarrassing performance I can recall.

Nothing fancy. Nothing flashy.

They ran about 3 different plays the whole game and just rammed the ball up our "defensive guru" head coaches' nether region sideways.

Had my team been on the other side of that performance, would have shed tears of joy. Was a thing of beauty.
More embarrassing than 2007 against Kansas?

Pelini's game against Wisky with jet sweep after jet sweep. Either Bo was a defensive idiot or that was done on purpose.
Was it after that game that Bo said, "Contrary to what you guys think I haven't forgotten how to stop the run." ? 😂

Or was that another substandard defensive showing?

Reactions: Laner2 and 10Trvln
Was it after that game that Bo said, "Contrary to what you guys think I haven't forgotten how to stop the run." ? 😂

Or was that another substandard defensive showing?
😂
I almost said that. Between a RB from one of the Dakota teams, a QB from Wyoming, and you name it, he made so many guys look like freaking studs.

I appreciate him being so f'ing huge and banging hotties and not giving a shit. Just don't die on TV when I am watching please.

That was rough, but they would’ve played for a big 12 title and possibly a natty if they don’t lose to mizzou that year, if memory serves me, was my freshman year and we sucked so I blacked out a lot that season
Yeah. I was at that Mizzou/KU game in Arrowhead.

Dang, you guys confused me. I thought you were talking about 2021 when BB's first Illinois team beat us 30-22 and finished 5-7.

Gotta be honest, I harbor a LOT more animosity towards Scott Frost than I do Bret Bielema. It's not even close.
Agreed. My problem isn't with Bret, It's all of our coaches/players that made him look like Nick Saban.

• Love
Reactions: mgbreis
I just harbor profound sadness that Frost didn’t get it done. I can’t hate him. He won us a title as a player. 😕
Good for you. As a coach he did things that a Jr. High Coach would know better. He made around $40M to call onside kicks up 11 with the momentum in the 3rd quarter. He said stupid bulletin-board shit basically every time a microphone was in front of him. He stood on the sideline looking clueless every time a game was slipping away. I'm only talking about COACHING stuff, not even getting into the peripheral garbage. I agree you're a better person, but I don't like the guy. It's not like he was close to "getting it done"; it was a failure of epic proportions.

fun to have these friday night matchups when the country can focus on a major game many would not otherwise see. that was certainly the case in last week's k-state/uofa opener. fox has a hit on their hands getting p4 schools to friday night lights. a tasty hors d'oeuvres before gouging dinner. gbr!

Last edited:
fun to have these friday night matchups when the country can focus on a major game many would not otherwise see. that was certainly the case in last week's k-state/uofa opener. fox has a hit on the hands getting p4 schools to friday under the lights. a tasty hors d'oeuvres before gouging dinner. gbr!
I like it too, can't quite understand all of the hand-wringing over the Friday night games. Yes, there's HS football, it will survive. I was surprised to read that Michigan/OSU etc have refused to play Friday night.

Good for you. As a coach he did things that a Jr. High Coach would know better. He made around $40M to call onside kicks up 11 with the momentum in the 3rd quarter. He said stupid bulletin-board shit basically every time a microphone was in front of him. He stood on the sideline looking clueless every time a game was slipping away. I'm only talking about COACHING stuff, not even getting into the peripheral garbage. I agree you're a better person, but I don't like the guy. It's not like he was close to "getting it done"; it was a failure of epic proportions.
Exactly! He did not do it "the right way" (though he sure said that line a lot and expected it of his players who were thirsting for real coaching).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT