ADVERTISEMENT

We may be under appreciating Purdue a bit

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
Took until an upset of top 5 Iowa to see that Purdue really hasnt been bad this year:

Beat Oregon State which turns out to be a pretty good win.

Crushed Uconn as expected

Hung with ND until a garbage time touchdown at the end

Worse performance of the year came in a win aganist Illionis by 4

7 point loss to MN.

Its going to be close and maybe if there is a let down after the big win it will come aganist Wisconsin this weekend.

F Purdue. We should beat them like a drum. Will we ?

It is just impossible to tell at this point. Home game......ranked team maybe, coming off a bye, all point to a decent win. BUT we have seen things before.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Frost’s teams the past 4 years have a knack for thinking these type of games are “winnable games” and will be easier. This over-confidence mentality against lesser teams is why we’re in trouble and Scott knows it.

If we treat the Purdue game anything like the Minnesota game – opposite of the Northwestern game – we will lose.

Last edited:
Are we letting them bring their big drummy thing?

This post is terrible. The Pac 12 is god awful and OSU is a middle of the road Pac 12 school. UConn is the worst team in football and Notre Dame has proven to be very mediocre. Hell FSU had a chance to beat them and they are awful. Purdue isn't good and they shouldn't be treated like it. If we play like we have against MSU, NW, Michigan and OU we blow them the **** out. If we play like Minny or Illinois they can beat us, but everyone can beat us if we play like that. Let's not make Purdue into some sort of huge juggernaut.

This thread is hilarious and not in a good way.

If we all went back and looked at the wonderful predictions people made for the year, I would bet 99% put a W behind them. For no other reason than Purdue has traditionally been an also ran. Perhaps teams can truly get better with better coaching and recruiting, but we wouldn't want to admit that.

Have any of you ever spoken with a coach at any level before a game? I have never met one who said "yea, we should stomp them by 50." No, they realize especially at the college level, that if they don't coach and prepare well, they will get their butts handed to them. Over confidence in coaching is very rare. Good coaches respect every opponent, no matter their record.

Purdue has improved, pure and simple. To think they are your fathers Purdue is nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Anyone who watches NU should know not to overlook any opponent. In many instances it has nothing to do with the opponent but just Nebraska being Nebraska. Purdue is a decent team, but a good team at home shouldn't struggle to beat them. Nebraska is not a good team so it should be a close game.

Anyone who watches NU should know not to overlook any opponent. In many instances it has nothing to do with the opponent but just Nebraska being Nebraska. Purdue is a decent team, but a good team at home shouldn't struggle to beat them. Nebraska is not a good team so it should be a close game.
We will find a way to keep it close - and lose!

Reactions: RothMatt
Took until an upset of top 5 Iowa to see that Purdue really hasnt been bad this year:

7 point loss to MN.

Its going to be close and maybe if there is a let down after the big win it will come aganist Wisconsin this weekend.
Purdue processes a lot of poultry, at least that’s what their commercials lead you to believe.

If I were forced to put money on this game I'm definitely taking Purdue.

It's a game we can win but don't expect that we will..

Purdue beat a good (not great) Iowa team on the road 24-7. Have WE ever done that?

They are 4-2 and ranked in the latest AP poll.

There is little to no reason we should be looking down our noses at Purdue. For shits sake, does nobody remember the shellacking we took in our house 42-28 a short 3 years ago? A 31-27 loss 2 years ago?

Reactions: GaRed and artguy68
F Purdue. We should beat them like a drum. Will we ?

It is just impossible to tell at this point. Home game......ranked team maybe, coming off a bye, all point to a decent win. BUT we have seen things before.
They are a much better overall team than Minny….so…maybe they don’t have the “culture”? I don’t know.

Reactions: Boiler_B
This thread is hilarious and not in a good way.

If we all went back and looked at the wonderful predictions people made for the year, I would bet 99% put a Q behind them. For no other reason than Purdue has traditionally been an also ran. Perhaps teams can truly get better with better coaching and recruiting, but we wouldn't want to admit that.

Have any of you ever spoken with a coach at any level before a game? I have never met one who said "yea, we should stomp them by 50." No, they realize especially at the college level, that if they don't coach and prepare well, they will get their butts handed to them. Over confidence in coaching is very rare. Good coaches respect every opponent, no matter their record.

Purdue has improved, pure and simple. To think they are you fathers Purdue is nuts.
rick mount

Gimme a break. No one is overlooking Purdue.
Exactly! Anybody that thinks Purdue is going to be easy is out of their mind. As long as Frost is Head Coach, we can’t overlook ANY team. In Four years he hasn’t done anything. Not saying he still can’t but he doesn’t prepare his teams well enough yet to be overlooking ANY team!

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
if they can row a boat we could definately loose this one

Definitely
Lose

This isn't hard shit to know or type. Especially the two most important words of your post.

Call me the spell police or whatever you want, but damn, have some respect for yourself and not post a 12 word post and misspell 2 or more words.

While it may seem over the top to you, put some effort into what you are doing.

7 point loss to MN.

I don't take any of the remaining games as expected wins. The team has the talent to do it but the leadership and approach will be put to the test.

If we beat Purdue, I will only see it as a win against a team we should have beat if this team plays up to it's potential.

A lot of my issues with the staff is that, believe it or not, we have more than enough talent to win a lot of games. It is maddening to see the team play down to the competition, not show up, self destruct, etc.

If we beat Purdue I am going to be happy they won but all eyes will be on the last 3 games. Maybe they can pull 2 more out.

If we lose to Purdue? Holy shit...I want coaching change, not a dumpster fire.

Purdue - ranked
Buckeyes - ranked
Wisconsin - not ranked (but they did just score another TD)
Iowa - ranked

I'm giddy with excitement how this all plays out.

impressive to me that after a decade in this conference, some of yall are just now learning how much tougher it is to win in the B1G.

coasting into the CCG in 2012 really warped yalls perceptions and you also refuse to acknowledge that other teams are capable of improving on a week-to-week basis, as if Nebraska football exists in a vacuum.

This, and won’t be surprised in the least if they beat us too.
The college football world is almost unrecognizable. Somebody earlier this year called UTSA a "commuter community college". I noted that they have a Husker legacy on their team and have had more first round draft picks than NU over the past 7-8 years. Now I see they're ranked. Coastal Carolina, UTSA and so on. Life makes no sense anymore. Purdue's relatively good again? Who would have ever believed it could happen again in our lifetimes.

Reactions: rrthusker

7 point loss to MN.

Purdue got beat up today, success of last week was too much for them to handle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT