ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early hot seat speculation

On the topic of Raiola, all early signs point toward Dylan being a top QB draft prospect in the 2027 draft. I'm interested in how well the younger brother is doing this season for his HS team. Hopefully he develops and we can keep the outstanding QB play going for the Huskers. As for Rhule, he's at a different point in his life and career now. Sure he loves coaching so it's logical that he could go another 20 years. But this is a different situation than Temple or Baylor and this job comes after getting fired in Carolina. I think he stays at NU for the long term.
MR will retire from coaching as the Huskers head coach. He is enjoying this team A LOT. Coached many years wondering what if I'd stayed there. He wants to see this one to the end.

Nope, honestly don’t care to continue the conversation, simply think your coach is a thug and won’t even live up to Brohms accomplishments at Purdue. Made the comment on your post that it would be doing you and the boilers a favor if he bailed to head to Colorado in the future, I don’t give much thought to Purdue athletics so il just bow out.
Yup. And I asked why. I’m still asking why… Walter’s seems like a pretty good dude. Won’t be hard for him to go .500 and leave a complete rebuild. That’s what Brohm did.

If Rhule continues his upward trajectory here and starts landing even bigger recruits...Franklin may not have to lay an egg for one season to be "retired" from there...would it be ridiculous for the PSU brass to send an exploratory salvo Rhule's way and gauge interest, and depending on the answer, move on/upgrade? IDK, but that would also mean he's killed it here so I think most of us would get it, and wish him well. In fact it would be a great "problem" to have...a coach that has done so well another blue blood throws the bank at him trying to lure him away. Beats the hell out of the last several coaches who left here, ...you couldn't combine all their success after their departure(s) together and win a freaking high school game.

If Rhule continues his upward trajectory here and starts landing even bigger recruits...Franklin may not have to lay an egg for one season to be "retired" from there...would it be ridiculous for the PSU brass to send an exploratory salvo Rhule's way and gauge interest, and depending on the answer, move on/upgrade? IDK, but that would also mean he's killed it here so I think most of us would get it, and wish him well. In fact it would be a great "problem" to have...a coach that has done so well another blue blood throws the bank at him trying to lure him away. Beats the hell out of the last several coaches who left here, ...you couldn't combine all their success after their departure(s) together and win a freaking high school game.
Right now I see PSU as a perennial third-place power in the B1G. Recruiting classes good enough to look good and occasionally challenge for a conference championship, but rarely good enough to win.

When Rhule gets NU good enough to displace PSU (hopefully) en route to something higher THAT'S when I think Franklin's gets warm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT