ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early hot seat speculation

Yes, I too remember when UCF fans said Frost’s wife liked Florida too much to leave. Then Tennessee was convinced Gruden was going to be their next head coach because his wife’s family lives there.

Don’t be delusional, if they want him, they’ll have him.

Franklin’s only 52,

He’s making $10 million a year

90–39 at PSU

He was born in Langhorne Pennsylvania

I guess he could keel over, but Unless Franklin gets a better job, MR isn’t going back there Anytime soon

Since he's been at PSU he's 4-4 in bowl games (no bowl in the covid year) and 2-1 at Vandy. That ain't the stuff of legends.
Agreed not the stuff of legends. Also nowhere in the same solar system of a coach with a warm seat. Not remotely. Bowls are stupid, you don't fire a coach based on bowl record.

Agreed not the stuff of legends. Also nowhere in the same solar system of a coach with a warm seat. Not remotely. Bowls are stupid, you don't fire a coach based on bowl record.
I don’t think he’s ever beaten ohiost and certainly has been sodomized by Michigan recently

His record gives off whiffs of pelini - can’t get over the hump, can’t win the big one

With the playoffs expanding, his excuse list just got 1 line shorter

Fact is Rhule already has a better job. If he wants to leave here to go coach in the SEC, so be it, but he’s a pretty proud B1G guy.

And under Franklin PSU has won one division title and one conference title, both in 2016. As noted above, he gets $10 mil yearly. PSU fans and program leaders are the ones who should be asking if that record in 10 years is worth it. Maybe it is to them, or not.

And under Franklin PSU has won one division title and one conference title, both in 2016. As noted above, he gets $10 mil yearly. PSU fans and program leaders are the ones who should be asking if that record in 10 years is worth it. Maybe it is to them, or not.
They have 1 (fraudulent) national title in their history

Has a nittany ever won a Heisman?

pennst is probably not even the best program in the state. Pitt has more history

Reactions: Laner2
One win against OSU and three against Michigan.

Reactions: king_kong_
Rhule won't leave until Raiola leaves.
On the topic of Raiola, all early signs point toward Dylan being a top QB draft prospect in the 2027 draft. I'm interested in how well the younger brother is doing this season for his HS team. Hopefully he develops and we can keep the outstanding QB play going for the Huskers. As for Rhule, he's at a different point in his life and career now. Sure he loves coaching so it's logical that he could go another 20 years. But this is a different situation than Temple or Baylor and this job comes after getting fired in Carolina. I think he stays at NU for the long term.

It’s likely his final season. Iowa wants more than he accomplishes. 10 win seasons aren’t good enough.

Iowas highwater mark is eight wins. They should really learn to stay in their lane. The man needs statues erected, not their contempt.

Franklin’s only 52,

He’s making $10 million a year

90–39 at PSU

He was born in Langhorne Pennsylvania

I guess he could keel over, but Unless Franklin gets a better job, MR isn’t going back there Anytime soon
They would have to push Franklin out. Where else is he going to go? I don’t see the NFL clamoring for him.

They have a great recruiting base and resources. he’s doing pretty well, but not quite good enough. Puts the university in a real bind. Plus, I don’t think they dislike him on any level the way many of us disliked Bo Pelini

On the topic of Raiola, all early signs point toward Dylan being a top QB draft prospect in the 2027 draft. I'm interested in how well the younger brother is doing this season for his HS team. Hopefully he develops and we can keep the outstanding QB play going for the Huskers. As for Rhule, he's at a different point in his life and career now. Sure he loves coaching so it's logical that he could go another 20 years. But this is a different situation than Temple or Baylor and this job comes after getting fired in Carolina. I think he stays at NU for the long term.
Imo, the only way Rhule leaves is if he gets burn out. The guy's everywhere doing everything

That’s my feeling too. He’s spent a lot of years and a lot of energy to turn around some programs and fizzle out in the NFL. My hope is that he has found a destination where he can settle in and go on a real winning streak. If you’re gonna work that hard to build something up, you may as well take some time and enjoy the fruit. This state will set up him and his family for life in more ways than just money. Id like to see him go on a 10 year run.

Imo, the only way Rhule leaves is if he gets burn out. The guy's everywhere doing everything
What do you suppose that’s like? Is it similar to being a professional where you don’t have to lay out your clothes or do laundry, pay bills or cook any meals? I imagine you’re spending time looking at your calendar and strategically planning where to go and how to represent the brand in those spaces. Quite a bit of the minor details are taken care of. I’ve got no beef with that. When you’ve got value like he does, a lot of the mundane can be handled for you.

Franklin has a .695 winning % and .636 conference winning %(conf also .695 after his 2nd season). If he continues that he will be the head coach at Penn State.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Franklin has a .695 winning % and .636 conference winning %(conf also .695 after his 2nd season). If he continues that he will be the head coach at Penn State.
I agree with you but also agree that there's probably a steady undercurrent of grumbling that he doesn't get them over the top. And I'm not talking a Natty mind you, but consistently winning the big games. So, with the numbers you posted AND the general underwhelming feeling, what you've got to look out for is that ONE year that he stumbles a bit. Go 7-5 or 6-6 just once and the vultures will pounce. They might not fire him but that seat would get hot fast.

@RedBaloneyPony
dumb-dumber.gif

I don’t think he’s ever beaten ohiost and certainly has been sodomized by Michigan recently

His record gives off whiffs of pelini - can’t get over the hump, can’t win the big one

With the playoffs expanding, his excuse list just got 1 line shorter

Fact is Rhule already has a better job. If he wants to leave here to go coach in the SEC, so be it, but he’s a pretty proud B1G guy.
Franklin beat Ohio St in 2016..

Reactions: king_kong_
I agree with you but also agree that there's probably a steady undercurrent of grumbling that he doesn't get them over the top. And I'm not talking a Natty mind you, but consistently winning the big games. So, with the numbers you posted AND the general underwhelming feeling, what you've got to look out for is that ONE year that he stumbles a bit. Go 7-5 or 6-6 just once and the vultures will pounce. They might not fire him but that seat would get hot fast.
You put this better than I did.

Reactions: mgbreis
6. recommendations for fun things to do in Indianapolis?

If things haven't changed in 38 years, I would suggest:
1) Play golf inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
2) Go see a comedy show in Broad Ripple; maybe run into the gang from the Bob & Tom Show.
3) Drive to Carmel (pronounced car-mull) and make fun of them for living there. (Pretentious b*stards)

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT