ADVERTISEMENT

W

That was an unreal pitching performance. Cubs were well prepared for Curseshaw, sorry that sign was in the stadium, and tagged him hard.

Cubs v Indians, real life.

Of course you're going to have "new" fans when a team is doing well. On the other hand, there are many of us who have been Cubs fans for decades. #FlyTheW

Reactions: jjensen30
if you hate new fans, the last two years must have driven you crazy.

Yeah. All the hype around the cubs has made lots of "lifelong" Cubs fans come out of the woodwork. It's the trendy and hipster thing nowadays to be a Cubs fan. About 92% of those guys wouldn't have considered rooting for the Cubs until K-Bizzle came up and they started winning at a high clip.

Not saying the people on here haven't been lifelong Cubs fans, but most of the donks on the east coast that claim to be one most likely aren't.

Reactions: Snickerdoodle70
if you hate new fans, the last two years must have driven you crazy.
Yes. I harbor no ill will towards the team itself, nor the players. It literally is the fans that have made me hate the cubs. Even more than the cards. And that's saying something.

Heres a little tibit for you fans, new and old alike:

Theo Epstein hired Oct 22 2011
Cubs win pennant Oct 22 2016

Go Cubs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a Cubs fan for a long long time thanks to WGN and afternoon baseball at Wrigley Field. Anybody that wants to jump on board as a new Cubs fan is welcome to enjoy the ride as far as I'm concerned. At least the Cubs now have a bandwagon to jump on.

Go Cubs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been a Cubs fan for a long long time thanks to WGN and afternoon baseball at Wrigley Field. Anybody that wants to jump on board as a new Cubs fan is welcome to enjoy the ride as far as I'm concerned. At least the Cubs now have a bandwagon to jump on.
I give credit to the management and team. I'm not lumping everyone together here - in my experience, a lot of the fans are hipster trash. I remember a particular cubs fan in the parking lot of Miller Park talking oodles of garbage about a Brewers pitcher.

I had two gloves and several baseballs in my car. Asked him to throw a few with me. Turns out, kid must've not even played little league. He threw the ball like a shotput. And when I threw it to him, he ducked and the ball went under a bunch of vehicles, never to be found.

I realize that hipster douche does not represent cubs fans. But that little anecdote is pretty emblematic of a Brewers-Cubs matchup at Miller Park.

In short, years past at Wrigley have been nothing but "fans" there solely to be seen. Not watch baseball. Not one iota of baseball knowledge, and not one iota of ability to actually throw a baseball back and forth.

Can't wait to see all the shiny, new cubs gear in the next week. :|

Reactions: SC_'sker
Always going to be bandwagon people. 3 years ago, how much Ducks gear did you see? Shirts, bumper stickers, etc. not so much now. Same for Longhorns, Canes, Trojans, etc.

Yeah there will be Cubs band wagon fans. I dont give a damn. Im going to enjoy this. Huskers are unbeaten , Cubs are in the WS. I dont know what next sunday will bring, but today is pretty damn good.

Reactions: jjensen30
I get it ...same thing happened with the Royals the last two years ..saw so many people posting ForeverRoyal when in reality it was NewlyRoyal and now its Royalswho? The Series should be fun

Thats who i was talking about. Wrigley has never had games with 10k people there in the last 30 years, even when the cubs were complete dogshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT