ADVERTISEMENT

vs Omaha April 6, 2022

I think Omaha is pretty good. They beat RU two out of three, with both wins walk off style after some great long at bats and base running to squeeze out a run. It just seems that they are well coached and play to their strength.

RU v. NU should be a good series. RU will be without one of its weekend rotation pitchers, but otherwise pretty healthy. RU does not have a fourth bona fide starter so they will use a number of guys in game three and limit their pitch count. If NU makes RU call deep into its bullpen in the first two games, that could really disrupt RU’s plans for game three.

The RU lineup seems to go very deep, but the competition has not been that great until now.

The diehard RU baseball fans, all 50 of us or so, are anxious to see what they can do against a stronger Big Ten team after a pretty favorable early schedule.
Welcome to the board.

I think Omaha is pretty good. They beat RU two out of three, with both wins walk off style after some great long at bats and base running to squeeze out a run. It just seems that they are well coached and play to their strength.

RU v. NU should be a good series. RU will be without one of its weekend rotation pitchers, but otherwise pretty healthy. RU does not have a fourth bona fide starter so they will use a number of guys in game three and limit their pitch count. If NU makes RU call deep into its bullpen in the first two games, that could really disrupt RU’s plans for game three.

The RU lineup seems to go very deep, but the competition has not been that great until now.

The diehard RU baseball fans, all 50 of us or so, are anxious to see what they can do against a stronger Big Ten team after a pretty favorable early schedule.
Welcome to the board!

Nebraska will be likely missing two of it's topn pitchers as well and one of our best relievers.

Should be a fun series though. I hope Nebraska holds up our end. You guys have looked pretty good so far

Welcome to the board!

Nebraska will be likely missing two of it's topn pitchers as well and one of our best relievers.

Should be a fun series though. I hope Nebraska holds up our end. You guys have looked pretty good so far
The RU baseball team has looked pretty good so far. Even though they downsized the schedule, the numbers are hard to argue with even considering the competition. But what is really interesting about the program is that they have done it with no stadium – – there’s a field and high school level metal stands — and no lights. There isn’t any vending, except when a food truck shows up once in a while on a game day. This year they finally have a small enclosed area for the press and announcers to sit, even though it’s at field level. They finally got a practice facility two seasons ago. I think just a reasonable $ investment with this coach could get them competitive in this league on a regular basis.

• Wow
Reactions: sklarbodds
The RU baseball team has looked pretty good so far. Even though they downsized the schedule, the numbers are hard to argue with even considering the competition. But what is really interesting about the program is that they have done it with no stadium – – there’s a field and high school level metal stands — and no lights. There isn’t any vending, except when a food truck shows up once in a while on a game day. This year they finally have a small enclosed area for the press and announcers to sit, even though it’s at field level. They finally got a practice facility two seasons ago. I think just a reasonable $ investment with this coach could get them competitive in this league on a regular basis.
Holy smokes! You guys need to get right on that hahaha!

Bainton-Field-Interior.jpg
Holy smokes! You guys need to get right on that hahaha!

That’s it. That’s what we have. No lights, no stadium, no vendors, just some metal bleachers with views which are partially obstructed by the dugouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT