ADVERTISEMENT

vs Omaha April 6, 2022

In case anyone missed it the Huskers loaded the bases with two outs but Anderson was thrown out at home trying to score on the play that loaded the bases. Hopefully this isn’t another Creighton curse today.

In case anyone missed it the Huskers loaded the bases with two outs but Anderson was thrown out at home trying to score on the play that loaded the bases. Hopefully this isn’t another Creighton curse today.

Anderson 2-out double, Everitt BB, Anglim singled & Max punched out trying to score.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
We got hosed on the play at 2B. No way that was a transfer drop. He never had control of the ball. Instead of bases loaded, 0 outs, it's a guy on 1st with 1 out. Devastating call.

Reactions: sklarbodds
8 K's, against Omaha, thru 7 innings in a midweek game with our starters in the line-up. 🤦‍♂️

Gomes with glasses, hits a 3-run 💣. Hmmmm.

Cervantes AB in the T8, BB'd on a full count but not one pitch was close. Dude threw 6 balls.

Matthews BB. Guys on 1B & 2B, 2 outs, pitching change. Chick due up.

6-5 mavs.

T9

Anderson BB, Everitt 1B to RF. Anderson questionable base running, didn't advance to 3rd as RF'er struggled handling the ball. 1st & 2B, 0 outs, Anglim up.

Anglim 1-3. Guys on 2B & 3B, 1 out. Caron up then Sartori, Gomes, Jackson.

Thankfully Kreiling (Mavs pitcher) knocked that down with his bare hand otherwise that could've been a double play.

Caron swinging 3-0. Ben McLaughlin says first time all year we've done that. On a 3-1 count, he chases ball 4 up high then draws a 3-2 BB.

Bases juiced, Satori up followed by Gomes, Jackson & Matthews.

Coming off OSU last weekend I was hoping we finally were going to turn the corner on this season. Guess I was wrong. What a horrible game.

I’ve reached the point where I no longer care about wins in midweek games. This season’s success or failure will be decided exclusively by performance in-conference.

That said, performances like last night aren’t exactly confidence builders.

p.s. UNO is 13-14 overall but 4-2 against the 1st and 3rd place teams in the Big Ten.

Reactions: Can o' corn
I’ve reached the point where I no longer care about wins in midweek games. This season’s success or failure will be decided exclusively by performance in-conference.

Fully understand your point but the conference standings will be irrelevant for us as we continue to drop midweek games. It's absolutely important we win midweek games in 2022. Our margin of error is negative. The 4 losses we currently have are devastating.

12-15 record (4-2 conference)
9 ooc games remaining, 5 are weekday
6 conf series remaining, 18 games

The math just doesn't work in our favor. At this point, our only chance at the post-season is winning the B1G tournament.

Reactions: HuskerJag and DPDWU
Fully understand your point but the conference standings will be irrelevant for us as we continue to drop midweek games. It's absolutely important we win midweek games in 2022. Our margin of error is negative. The 4 losses we currently have are devastating.

12-15 record (4-2 conference)
9 ooc games remaining, 5 are weekday
6 conf series remaining, 18 games

The math just doesn't work in our favor. At this point, our only chance at the post-season is winning the B1G tournament.
I agree that the only chance to make the postseason at this point (with the possible exception of winning the conference regular season) is to win the conference tournament. Midweek games are irrelevant to that. Conference standings are slightly more relevant in that they need to finish in the top 8 to qualify and theoretically have an easier path with a higher seed.

This team has proven that it’s going to struggle midweek. So I’m not going to get bent out of shape when that continues and focus on rooting for weekend wins.

Last edited:
It's cool though, when Efry runs his mouth at the N Mexicos St dugout, right?

He didnt run his mouth, but his gesture absolutely was cool and NMS deserved it. They ran their mouth non-stop and went over the line with their comments. I'm actually surprised Kirby wasn't forced to address it.

Reactions: Can o' corn
If you don’t want the reaction don’t let them win. Period. The start was sluggish on our side and then there were bases loaded with 1 out in the 9th and back to back Ks. . Put the ball in play with one out and maybe the reactions for both teams are different ones. Winning takes care of most of it.

If you don’t want the reaction don’t let them win. Period. The start was sluggish on our side and then there were bases loaded with 1 out in the 9th and back to back Ks. . Put the ball in play with one out and maybe the reactions for both teams are different ones. Winning takes care of most of it.
So anytime you lose a game you should expect the catcher to try and start a fight? I've watched a lot of baseball in my life and generally the catcher acts like he's won a game before and goes out and shakes his pitchers hand in that's scenario.

So anytime you lose a game you should expect the catcher to try and start a fight? I've watched a lot of baseball in my life and generally the catcher acts like he's won a game before and goes out and shakes his pitchers hand in that's scenario.
I have watched a few games too just a few. And no you shouldn’t act like Omaha’s catcher did. But if Nebraska comes through last night it takes care of it. They can’t control Omaha’s Catcher but if they win instead of lose it takes care of it.

I think Omaha is pretty good. They beat RU two out of three, with both wins walk off style after some great long at bats and base running to squeeze out a run. It just seems that they are well coached and play to their strength.

RU v. NU should be a good series. RU will be without one of its weekend rotation pitchers, but otherwise pretty healthy. RU does not have a fourth bona fide starter so they will use a number of guys in game three and limit their pitch count. If NU makes RU call deep into its bullpen in the first two games, that could really disrupt RU’s plans for game three.

The RU lineup seems to go very deep, but the competition has not been that great until now.

The diehard RU baseball fans, all 50 of us or so, are anxious to see what they can do against a stronger Big Ten team after a pretty favorable early schedule.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT