ADVERTISEMENT

Very interesting tidbit in the 247 Wan'Dale article

Wyldcard

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018
Here is something pretty telling in the article that might be the cryptic answer to the questions we have about our own offensive staff and sticks out like a sore thumb, think about it!

"There is trust that the offensive side of the coaching staff will remain in place"

Wouldn’t we have heard about offensive changes already though? The guys come back on Sunday so you would think they’d want the staff in place by now.. right? I guess anything could happen though

Wouldn’t we have heard about offensive changes already though? The guys come back on Sunday so you would think they’d want the staff in place by now.. right? I guess anything could happen though
Not yet as Frost doesn't throw his coaches under the proverbial bus as to say that have been encouraged to move on until they've found something else.

Here is something pretty telling in the article that might be the cryptic answer to the questions we have about our own offensive staff and sticks out like a sore thumb, think about it!

"There is trust that the offensive side of the coaching staff will remain in place"
You know other than the qb coach, I think it will help to have them together an additional year. They are transitioning from small receivers to finally having some size. The ol is young and going into their third year. Experience within a system is important. Looks like from last game Scott may be looking to play more power football. Next year another story.

You know other than the qb coach, I think it will help to have them together an additional year. They are transitioning from small receivers to finally having some size. The ol is young and going into their third year. Experience within a system is important. Looks like from last game Scott may be looking to play more power football. Next year another story.
If you remeber right after Frost got here, he said that he was gonna upgrade the size at every position. That included the receivers and he's done it. We are currently the 2 biggest team in the B1G. What he's doing and kept preaching since he's been here like back in his heyday, was being a bigger, stronger and faster team than any other team out there that also outworks everyone else and he's doing that as well.

working harder maybe. would prefer some of that working smarter, myself. has been very little of the smarter in evidence since frost has got here

We are going to start 7 underclassmen on offense - and 2 who aren't are transfers. The free Covid year helps that number but it's insane we have so little experience on offense going into year 4.

Not yet as Frost doesn't throw his coaches under the proverbial bus as to say that have been encouraged to move on until they've found something else.
Yeah I guess that’s been true so far. I just think trying to throw something together so close to spring ball would be odd.. but it has been an odd year

He's talking about trust that Purdue's offensive staff would stay in place, since they run an offense Wandale is interested in playing in. That statement is not directed at Nebraska at all.

Here is the full context of it from the article:
"The source indicated Purdue’s offense is a no-brainer for the style Robinson wants to play, seeing the success another Kentucky native in Rondale Moore, who also happens to train at the same Aspirations facility, had. There is trust that the offensive side of the coaching staff will remain in place."

Apparently Wandale’s father and his trainer, yeah the same guy that got into it with Frost back when Wandale switched from Nebraska to Kentucky, came to Lincoln last Friday to tell Frost it’s over. Maybe this is a blessing, Frost can focus on making sure things run better rather than focusing on how many touches high maintenance kids get.
Another thing to add, Wandale’s camp was smart in including in the farewell letter that the reason for leaving is due to family Covid issues. Having that language written helps avoid any waiver rejections from the NCAA. Definitely not denying the family Covid issues exist, but I do believe there was strategy in mentioning that.

Last edited:
We are going to start 7 underclassmen on offense - and 2 who aren't are transfers. The free Covid year helps that number but it's insane we have so little experience on offense going into year 4.
this is why i think better days are ahead. its a young team. and the young guys are the highest rated guys. the only danger is that Frost brought in so many new recruits in such a short amount of time that some of these kids will and probably should transfer. If you are a true freshman OT you are looking at being a backup for at least 3 more years. thats the case at many of the positions across the OL. probably the case now at RB too. 30 years ago kids might have accepted practicing for 3-4 years just to get 1 year of full playing time but today many of them want to play before their senior year. Some of these kids might actually figure out the numbers ahead of them and move out because they could actually play early at some other decent schools.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Apparently Wandale’s father and his trainer, yeah the same guy that got into it with Frost back when Wandale switched from Nebraska to Kentucky, came to Lincoln last Friday to tell Frost it’s over. Maybe this is a blessing, Frost can focus on making sure things run better rather than focusing on how many touches high maintenance kids get.
Another thing to add, Wandale’s camp was smart in including in the farewell letter that the reason for leaving is due to family Covid issues. Having that language written helps avoid any waiver rejections from the NCAA. Definitely not denying the family Covid issues exist, but I do believe there was strategy in mentioning that.
Good post. The COVID stuff was a play for immediate eligibility. The reason he left had to do with playing in this horrendous offense. It's odd that he sights improving his chances in the NFL and also apparently doesn't want to play RB. Wan'dale's only shot at making an NFL roster would be signing as an undrafted free agent to be a third down RB, play special teams & return kicks like a Darwin Thompson. He's not good enough at WR to play in the NFL. Plus if you're 5' 8" or shorter, you better run a 4.3 and on the field, Robinson looks more like a 4.5 or 4.6 guy to me.

Good post. The COVID stuff was a play for immediate eligibility. The reason he left had to do with playing in this horrendous offense. It's odd that he sights improving his chances in the NFL and also apparently doesn't want to play RB. Wan'dale's only shot at making an NFL roster would be signing as an undrafted free agent to be a third down RB, play special teams & return kicks like a Darwin Thompson. He's not good enough at WR to play in the NFL. Plus if you're 5' 8" or shorter, you better run a 4.3 and on the field, Robinson looks more like a 4.5 or 4.6 guy to me.

Yep you said it! He’ll have to be a slot receiver in the pros and there are hundreds of those that come out every year. Kinda like playing shooting guard in basketball, you gotta be extremely good to make it on an NBA roster. It’s funny how he’s now courting Purdue, they aren’t exactly next door to where he lives.

What is more telling to me is what he is looking for in a new school...(not exact quotes as I am working from memory)run option routes, routes that work, position that I am not hung out to dry on, and an identity. That is more telling to me

Reactions: Wyldcard
Yep you said it! He’ll have to be a slot receiver in the pros and there are hundreds of those that come out every year. Kinda like playing shooting guard in basketball, you gotta be extremely good to make it on an NBA roster. It’s funny how he’s now courting Purdue, they aren’t exactly next door to where he lives.
Pretty sure I said all of these exact same things yesterday about Wandale and why he actually chose to leave Nebraska.

Wandale's biggest concern was how he was being used at Nebraska because it didn't translate to how he would be used in the NFL (should he get there). Adding the commentary in his farewell message about wanting to be closer to home (because of his mother who previously contracted COVID) was the guarantee he needed that the NCAA would allow him to transfer and be immediately eligible.

He played the game.

Reactions: CatColumbia

Like Danny Woodhead.

What is more telling to me is what he is looking for in a new school...(not exact quotes as I am working from memory)run option routes, routes that work, position that I am not hung out to dry on, and an identity. That is more telling to me

The grass is always greener I guess. I don't think he can possibly find a place where he was used better than he was here, he's camp will never be happy because they think he is something he's not. When he gets to be a slot WR is a passing offense he will be complaining about getting lit up over the middle.

The grass is always greener I guess. I don't think he can possibly find a place where he was used better than he was here, he's camp will never be happy because they think he is something he's not. When he gets to be a slot WR is a passing offense he will be complaining about getting lit up over the middle.
Completely agree. I suspect he will be disappointed with his decision in the end. He was “The Guy” here and probably won’t be put on such a high pedestal elsewhere, even if the coaches courting him say so. I mean, Kentucky or Purdue? Purdue may be a lateral move, Kentucky is gonna be a shocking disappointment for him.

Reactions: headcard
Well, we can only hope he’s right. There is not one offensive coach whose head should not be on the chopping block. Frost included.

The fact that Verduzco is still employed is just one of the many examples of Frost being in over his head.
Lololol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT