ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has Huskers favored over Wisconsin this weekend because Vegas knows Iowa sucks....

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
Nebraska, a bad football team, coming off a loss to a terrible Illinois team, is about a 1.5 point favorite over Wisconsin this Saturday. You might ask why that's possible.

Vegas doesn't value Iowa or Wisconsin. This is an indictment of the whole Big Ten West. Nebraska shouldn't be favored over anyone this weekend.

But its clear the Huskers would be favored over Pitt, Iowa State, Illinois State, North Texas or Wisconsin.

Last edited:
I agree...but we would still rather have NU be 5-0

Also...last week Nebraska cost me cash! Ugg!!!

Nebraska, a bad football team, coming off a loss to a terrible Illinois team, is about a 1.5 point favorite over Wisconsin this Saturday. You might ask why that's possible.

Vegas doesn't value Iowa or Wisconsin. This is an indictment of the whole Big Ten West. Nebraska shouldn't be favored over anyone this weekend.

But its clear the Huskers would be favored over Pitt, Iowa State, Illinois State, or Wisconsin.
Easy money - take the Badgers. We may not be able to field a defense by the 2nd half as banged up as we are.

But its clear the Huskers would be favored over Pitt, Iowa State, Illinois State, North Texas or Wisconsin.

Weren't you favored over BYU and Illinois too?

You do realize a "home" game is worth about 3 points in itself to Vegas. So that means you'd be the underdog in a neutral site or road game.

image.png

Iowa 5-0 Neb 2-3

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell

At home, yes we would be favored. Keep in mind that Iowa was installed as a 11 point favorite against Illinois and our Illinois spread went down to 3 1/2 points from 7 points-- a few HUGE bets were placed on the Illini a couple hours before kickoff.

Maybe they don't think Nebraska is really as bad as you do. Nebraska is better than their record would indicate. If they were to play Illinois again they would still be favored.

So we're 2-3 and we're saying a team that is 5-0 sucks? Let's just see what happens in this Wiscy game before we get too excited. I'm not convinced the Badgers are as bad as we want to believe.
Do we really think the Badgers would have lost to Illinois? Or played it so close with SMU? These are questions that may give you some perspective.
TA hasn't played without making mistakes yet, and this defense that we're going to face is going to be the best we've seen, by far.

So we're 2-3 and we're saying a team that is 5-0 sucks? Let's just see what happens in this Wiscy game before we get too excited. I'm not convinced the Badgers are as bad as we want to believe.
Do we really think the Badgers would have lost to Illinois? Or played it so close with SMU? These are questions that may give you some perspective.
TA hasn't played without making mistakes yet, and this defense that we're going to face is going to be the best we've seen, by far.

This year is crazy. Nebraska is not a 2-3 team. Iowa is 5-0, due in part to a cupcake schedule, but we did win in Madison. We are strutting because we are undefeated but I have no allusions that things can change. I don't think you should throw your coaching staff under the bus yet and we should moderate our enthusiasm. You have time to turn things around and we have time to celebrate. It would be great if it boiled down to the game in Lincoln.

Bottom line no matter what I would love to be 5-0 . Iowa is solid and we are not, painful but true.

Bottom line no matter what I would love to be 5-0 . Iowa is solid and we are not, painful but true.

Agreed....it is foolish to criticize a team that is 5-0 when your own team is 2-3. Pretty lame. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT