ADVERTISEMENT

Using the wind

Baxter48

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010
Gods country
One thing that is puzzling to me is coach Rhule said he’s visited with TO about using the wind in your favor, i told my wife we should have went into the wind in the third quarter so we had it at our back in the fourth quarter

Reactions: IowaHuskr
Not sure we had a choice on that, if we elected to receive the ball then Iowa got to choose the side they were defending in the 3rd.

Reactions: WHCSC
One thing that is puzzling to me is coach Rhule said he’s visited with TO about using the wind in your favor, i told my wife we should have went into the wind in the third quarter so we had it at our back in the fourth quarter
We had the choice in the 2nd half . We can’t choose ball and wind both.

Reactions: ciurej 2.0
We had the choice in the 2nd half . We can’t choose ball and wind both.
I know that, my thinking was you pick which end you wanted to defend so therefore we have the wind in the fourth quarter. I know it sounds odd because you’ll give Iowa a extra possession

I say take the wind advantage at that moment. There's no guarantees it will be blowing the same direction later.

I didn't see the coin toss. I'm assuming we won and deferred. Iowa took the ball and we elected to receive the 2nd half. Therefore giving ferentz the choice of wind which they obviously wanted in the 4th qtr

I know that, my thinking was you pick which end you wanted to defend so therefore we have the wind in the fourth quarter. I know it sounds odd because you’ll give Iowa a extra possession
Yeah Rhule would get roasted to give them the ball both halves. As was mentioned, you never know what the winds gonna do, but it was very apparent via forecasts that it wasn't letting up anytime soon.

They were close enough after that last run that I don't think wind would have made much difference.

Correct me if I am wrong but we failed to take advantage of the wind. Wasn't our bigger passing plays going north??

That whole BS is so stupid. No shit, we have wind like everywhere else but that doesn't mean to have be in a shell of an offensive game. Plenty other teams throw the ball to beat our ass in the same environment. Just pick a damn offensive style instead of using belly option for one game and never use it the next, then 7 step drop one minute. We have zero clue what we are doing on offense. Pick something and design it to flow together because right now it is a joke. I know have the high school coaches in this state that would do a better job with our offensive personel and that includes with injuries. It is an absolute joke what we are doing and we are paying these guys a ridiculous amount of money.

That whole BS is so stupid. No shit, we have wind like everywhere else but that doesn't mean to have be in a shell of an offensive game. Plenty other teams throw the ball to beat our ass in the same environment. Just pick a damn offensive style instead of using belly option for one game and never use it the next, then 7 step drop one minute. We have zero clue what we are doing on offense. Pick something and design it to flow together because right now it is a joke. I know have the high school coaches in this state that would do a better job with our offensive personel and that includes with injuries. It is an absolute joke what we are doing and we are paying these guys a ridiculous amount of money.
i guess you haven’t watched Nebraska football when TO was coaching, I remember neb was playing a team that was supposed to give Nebraska a good game a four quarter game, Nebraska win the toll takes the wind at their back, by the end of the first quarter neb had won the game we were up 28-0 all because we took the wind and the defense did it’s job I still remember one punt that actually went for negative yards. now you go back to the Iowa and I’ll enjoy your beating next week and in your bowl game you loser

Reactions: cornwoman
i guess you haven’t watched Nebraska football when TO was coaching, I remember neb was playing a team that was supposed to give Nebraska a good game a four quarter game, Nebraska win the toll takes the wind at their back, by the end of the first quarter neb had won the game we were up 28-0 all because we took the wind and the defense did it’s job I still remember one punt that actually went for negative yards. now you go back to the Iowa and I’ll enjoy your beating next week and in your bowl game you loser
You must be the we can only run the option guy because Tom said that gosh darn wind. BS, do you watch other teams play? Hell did you watch Michigan and Ohio state, they don't play in pristine weather either. Holy shit we have a dumb fan base, the weather in Nebraska is no different then a ton of teams in the midwest and somehow they can still throw the damn ball when they need to. The problem is we have no scheme and we lack talent but still there is ZERO excuse why we could not win six games with this schedule. This was 100% on poor offensive coaching period, we had enough talent to win 6 damn games period.

You must be the we can only run the option guy because Tom said that gosh darn wind. BS, do you watch other teams play? Hell did you watch Michigan and Ohio state, they don't play in pristine weather either. Holy shit we have a dumb fan base, the weather in Nebraska is no different then a ton of teams in the midwest and somehow they can still throw the damn ball when they need to. The problem is we have no scheme and we lack talent but still there is ZERO excuse why we could not win six games with this schedule. This was 100% on poor offensive coaching period, we had enough talent to win 6 damn games period.
Again your showing your lack of knowledge, until Tom got turner gill Nebraska was a passing team so was bob during his tenure.

Again your showing your lack of knowledge, until Tom got turner gill Nebraska was a passing team so was bob during his tenure.
No shit, So why are you arguing you can run certain offenses due to the wind, newsflash: wind can be a factor, it is a factor in every game in the our area along with snow and ice. What the hell are you even arguing about

Too bad white didn’t sit in on those meetings, maybe we win the Maryland game despite the putrid QB play

Someone with more ambition then me should post what the weather was for our games this year and last year. I personally think people are way too dramatic about our weather. They act like game day weather in Lincoln is Siberia in the middle of winter.

Reactions: WHCSC and headcard
Keep the defense guessing, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT