ADVERTISEMENT

USC portal CB in town this weekend

The former top-100 prospect and four-star recruit in the 2021 class had not been with the Trojans dating back to this past fall. His last appearance with USC came against Notre Dame in mid-October 2023.

Wright has always been an actor and model, appearing in several movies, TV shows and commercials. He played a son of LeBron James in “Space Jam 2” in 2021, too. He’s also appeared on the ABC comedy Grown-ish.

The 6-foot, 180-pound Los Angeles native has tallied 41 career tackles and an interception. He started the first 11 games at cornerback in 2022.

Definitely worth a look but don’t assume anything because of high school rankings or school played at.

I hope it works out for him and Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: huntered
They don’t have that private equity money - look for more of these transfers going to Kstate and Iowa state … where the gold will be.
These elite players will take the money but rather sit on the bench at bama or Georgia then go to either kst or Iowa state

USC and UCLA joined just in the nick of time for us to land this guy. We never would have had a chance without California schools in our conference.
bFYgmx.gif

2023 NU 11th in total defense, USC 119th in total defense. Hard to imagine all of those 4 and 5 star recruits were that bad, but they were. And they were terrible the previous year, too. But one has to wonder if it was also bad coaching given the kind recruits available to USC every year.

Acting gigs must’ve dried up. Hopefully the want to work is there. Talent obviously is. Moving out of LA should help with some focus.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Love it. Read his bio on the USC website. NFL athleticism. Pass defense is a question mark and starting 11 games in the Pac 12 you know he has actual experience. Multiple people in his extended family who played in the NFL. Looks to be a legit actor too. I wonder if he got demoted at the end of 2022 and got frustrated and said f it, I'll just go into acting. Then had a change of heart.

Good kid. Loved acting. I don't think he was 100% committed to football but I hope the best for him.

2023 NU 11th in total defense, USC 119th in total defense. Hard to imagine all of those 4 and 5 star recruits were that bad, but they were. And they were terrible the previous year, too. But one has to wonder if it was also bad coaching given the kind recruits available to USC every year.
Do you know about SC's former defensive coordinator? He was the same guy Riley brought with him from OU. He was garbage at both places.

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT