ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Michigan accepts suspension

thall__

Junior
Nov 17, 2022

don't feel like reviving the old thread, seems like things have taken a turn. have to wonder what came out that made them tuck tail. another interesting note, their co-DC just deleted/deactivated his X account.

Calm Down Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

They tried to act all uppity for a minute, then realized the entire world was in agreement that they are a bunch of dirty cheaters, so time to cut their losses.

If they beat Ohio State, they can be the little engine that could. Great story. if they lose, they are an underdog being picked on by a cruel world. Heads, I win, tails you lose.

Say whatever we want, they were cheaters, are still cheating, who was part of it, etc, etc etc., If Michigan wins out and goes into the playoffs and does well, it will all be forgiven as it will prove or at least be used as evidence that no advantage was needed or used. Thus it will be eventually forgotten until the NCAA uncovers something, then we get to relive it all again. Personally, I couldn't care less, just beat them on the field.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

don't feel like reviving the old thread, seems like things have taken a turn. have to wonder what came out that made them tuck tail. another interesting note, their co-DC just deleted/deactivated his X account.
So it comes as such a huge shock that they're not leaving the B1G to go to the SEC after all! LOL. They're like all those celebs you can't get rid of who promise to leave the U.S. if a specific person is elected and never follow thru. Yup, drama queens all of them.

Michigan said "we're taking you to court" and the Big 10 said, "look at this evidence against Harbaugh" and Michigan said, "a 3-game suspension sounds acceptible... now sweep it under the rug."
Elitists mindset completely summed up nicely. Outrage when caught in the wrong. Then try to find a way to make it go away and deflect as fast as possible

Hahaha...who could bave seen this coming, besides everyone who doesn't wear Michigan jammies to bed I mean..

Looks like the B1G won’t investigate anything else here if Jim accepted the suspension. Michigan couldn’t accept fast enough. That seems pretty sketchy… I guess we’ll find out in 3 years what really happened once the NCAA is finished gathering their evidence.
Yeah this was basically a "deal" without coming and saying it was a deal.

But...in 2033...when the NCAA finishes their investigation...the shit will hit the fan!

Yeah this was basically a "deal" without coming and saying it was a deal.

But...in 2033...when the NCAA finishes their investigation...the shit will hit the fan!
yep, the B1G covering for UM by shutting down the investigation. The NCAA won't get anything additional from the B1G since they will just say we concluded our investigation and so whatever they have already published, will be the extent of it.

Well now he’ll have some time to attend a rally with the rest of the Michigan faculty.

NCAA breathes a sigh of relief and big whigs get to keep collecting their checks, just as I said.

“They have already been punished”
Yes. They can continue their paid vacation travels to elite sports venues for "work" and pretend to care about student athletes.

NCAA breathes a sigh of relief and big whigs get to keep collecting their checks, just as I said.

“They have already been punished”
I think there might be something more substantive come from the NCAA. I’m guessing eventually there will be some scholarship reductions. As others have stated though it won’t affect their playoff hopes this year.

So what does that do with the Michigan allegations that Rutgers and Ohio State we’re doing the same thing? Petiti is a fraud, the BIG has plenty of problems so he wants to get rid of the issues as quickly as possible.

So what does that do with the Michigan allegations that Rutgers and Ohio State we’re doing the same thing? Petiti is a fraud, the BIG has plenty of problems so he wants to get rid of the issues as quickly as possible.
I have missed the news about Rutgers and OSU doing the exact same thing…

Yep, anything to avoid discovery.

Discovery, subpoenas, depositions, appeals, and on and on and on. All equals bad headlines…for both sides, which neither wants. Classic settlement case teed up perfectly for all involved parties. They all just magically made it go away for at least 3-5 years. And by then, they know most of the people involved will have all moved on.

Reactions: RedTheGreat
Because it didn’t happen.
Michigan accused Ryan Day of having his brother iniate the investigation. Then it was reported on BTN and the internet that Michigan accused OSU and Rutgers of the same thing. Never saw a response from either school. And I’m sure that the story was reported on one of the Michigan sites. The issue is really, is it cheating or not. If it is then I’d think it deserves something more then a suspension, because the assistants had to be involved and you aren’t punishing them at all. If it’s not cheating, then drop it all together. Butttt, funny that everyone else seems to have just dropped the issue!

saw Harbaugh gets to travel with the team as well as coach in practices. If you low estimate that he spends 6 hours a day with this kids each weekday, 3 while coaching on saturday, and another 3 on sunday, that's a total of 21 hours.

in essence, his punishment for the most elaborate known cheating scandal in college football history is only only getting to spend 86% of the time he normally would with his players. hardly feels like a fitting punishment.

then again, Penn State only got a light peepee slap for the rhythmic clapping.

Last edited:
I now think the absolute funniest possible outcome is michigan winning the whole thing and Harbaugh laughing directly in everyone's face en route to a 10 year $200M extension

still think Georgia will kick their teeth in, though

Hausmann said that above all he was most impressed with the Wolverines’ secret weapon: strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert. But he also said he’s ecstatic about the added bonus of getting to work with Chris Partridge, who was hired back into the program last month.
“And then, so going into going into spring, now with the coaching staff, coach Partridge — he’s been great to work with. I was getting recruited by him when he was at Ole Miss, as a defensive coordinator in the portal as well as I was looking. I was able to talk to him through the portal, and then now be able to reunite with him has been awesome. And then just be able to learn from him and all the things that he has offer, it’s gonna be fun time.”

Hausmann said that above all he was most impressed with the Wolverines’ secret weapon: strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert. But he also said he’s ecstatic about the added bonus of getting to work with Chris Partridge, who was hired back into the program last month.
“And then, so going into going into spring, now with the coaching staff, coach Partridge — he’s been great to work with. I was getting recruited by him when he was at Ole Miss, as a defensive coordinator in the portal as well as I was looking. I was able to talk to him through the portal, and then now be able to reunite with him has been awesome. And then just be able to learn from him and all the things that he has offer, it’s gonna be fun time.”
can't wait for that loser to never see the field

Of course they did. They weren't really going to leave and risk losing hundreds of millions of dollars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT