ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA Fresno

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Wow, does this game look familiar. In one quarter UCLA has had a KO return gaff (Darnay Holmes), converted 1 of 2 third downs, got flagged four times for 40 yards, and fumbled. Fresno is now up 16-0. I guess Chip Kelly isn't a quality coach.

Wow, does this game look familiar. In one quarter UCLA has had a KO return gaff (Darnay Holmes), converted 1 of 2 third downs, got flagged four times for 40 yards, and fumbled. Fresno is now up 16-0. I guess Chip Kelly isn't a quality coach.
I think it also shows just how hard it can be to flip the switch in year one. Also these no huddle, fast past offenses take time to get going, but once they do they are hard to stop.

If you were going to tell me in January Frost and Kelly were going to be a combined 0-5 in their first few games I'd have never believed you

Last edited:
Midway through third UCLA has 11 flags for 96 yards, including a roughing penalty on an unsuccessful third and long that kept Fresno's scoring drive alive.

I hope Frost didn't learn this coaching technique from Chip Kelly. I think Ol' Chip has lost his mind.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT