ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday: Nebraska vs. CSU Bakersfield (Huskers lose 8-6)

Top 1st

2 out double double down the LF line for Meyers. Schreiber with an infield single to SS to put runners on the corners. Miller grounds out to 1st to end the frame.

Bottom 1st

Matt Waldron on the bump for the Huskers. The Roadrunners start with an infield single to 3rd to leadoff the inning. single to RF puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Fly out to deep LF but both runners tag up and head to 2nd and 3rd. Next batter K's for the 2nd out. 2 RBI single for CSUB. HBP puts runners on 1st and 2nd. groundout to SS ends the inning.

Top 2nd

Schlepp with a 2 out walk for the Skers. Raburn pops out to SS to end the top half.

Bottom 2nd

One out infield single for CSUB. A couple great catches by Meyers in CF ends the inning. Waldron isn't allowing too many easy outs though.

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff single for CSUB. Fly out to CF. Runner at 1st in then picked off. Back to back singles puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Groundout to SS ends the inning.

Miller just had an ugly but effective slide to score tagging up to tie the game. Credit on the effort, but man, not pretty.

Online video broadcast is difficult to track doing other stuff, they're usually behind a batter or two, but I'm glad to get to watch them play!

Edit: "Ben Miller tagging to score" and "Ben Miller sliding" are right up there with "Billy Butler triple."

Top 4th

Leadoff single past 2nd for Schreiber. Miller walks on 4 pitches. Alvarado with an RBI single to left center and it puts runners on the corners! Wilkening walks to load the bases. Schlepp with a SAC fly to to CF scores Miller to tie the game at 2. Raburn reaches on the FC, Wilkening out at 2nd, and Raburn advances to 2nd on the throwing error (E6) as CSUB tried to turn the DP. Schreiber scores from 2nd on the play. Mojo singles to to LF but Raburn is thrown out at home on the play. Great throw but good call to try to score with two outs already.

Reactions: saluno22
Miller just had an ugly but effective slide to score tagging up to tie the game. Credit on the effort, but man, not pretty.

Online video broadcast is difficult to track doing other stuff, they're usually behind a batter or two, but I'm glad to get to watch them play!

Edit: "Ben Miller tagging to score" and "Ben Miller sliding" are right up there with "Billy Butler triple."
Its odd because he looks like he is always doing everything for the first time but somehow it always works out for him haha

Top 5th

Leadoff HBP for Altavilla. Meyers with a single up the middle puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Schreiber pops up to SS for out #1. Miller lines out to SS. Alvarado grounds out to 2nd to end the threat.

Bottom 5th

Two out HR for CSUB, their 1st of the season. HBP puts the next batter on 1st. RBI triple scores another. K ends the inning

Top 5th

Leadoff HBP for Altavilla. Meyers with a single up the middle puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Schreiber pops up to SS for out #1. Miller lines out to SS. Alvarado grounds out to 2nd to end the threat.
Waldron has not been sharp this year.......

Waldron has not been sharp this year.......
Sophmore slump most likely, seems that when the scouting report finally catches up to these guys they then have to adjust to get to that next level. I think he will get better towards the end of the year but still a little shaky. Some bad luck tonight hasn't helped either.

Reactions: regionsdoc
Top 6th

One out single past 2nd for Schlepp. Raburn fails to get the bunt down and Erstad immediately pinch hits for him down 0-1. Cronenbold now in to hit but grounds Schlepp out at 2nd, Cronenbold is safe at 1st on the FC. Hagge grounds out to 1st.

Bottom 6th

2 out single to LF and then steals 2nd. Infield single puts runners on the corners. I'll be honest, they aren't hitting any better than we are they just seem to be finding the holes and we aren't, odd game. Altavilla with an amazing play at 3rd to get the 3rd out of the inning.

Top 7th

Altavilla singles past SS, Meyers swings and misses on the hit and run and Altavilla is thrown out stealing 2nd. Meyers then singles up the middle. Pitching change for CSUB. Schreiber with the infield single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Miller K's. RBI single by Alvarado!!! Runners now on the corners. Alvarado safely steals 2nd and as the catcher throws to 2nd Schreiber steals home, beautiful play to be honest, Huskers lead 5-4. Wilkening flies out to RF to end the frame.

Bottom 7th

Robbie Palkert now in to pitch. Leadoff single to RF for CSUB. Fly out to CF. Luensmann now in to pitch for Palkert. A balk moves the runner to 2nd. 4 pitch walk puts runners on 1st and 2nd. 6-4-3 DP ends the threat!

Top 8th

Mojo with a 2 out double to RF! Altavilla with an RBI single past 2nd!!! WP advances Altavilla to 2nd. Meyers K's on a questionable strike to ends the threat.

Bottom 8th

2 out infield single for CSUB. Single to RF puts runners on the corners. RBI single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Walk loads the bases. A balk scores a run. Game tied and runners on 2nd and 3rd. Another walk loads the bases. 2 RBI single. Reece Eddins now in to pitch for the Huskers. K ends the inning.

Yeah, that screwing with Chad Luensmann has just worked wonders hasn't it? I mean the role he had worked so well last year, so let's change it up. I mean, makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Find something that works and mess with it.

Yeah, that screwing with Chad Luensmann has just worked wonders hasn't it? I mean the role he had worked so well last year, so let's change it up. I mean, makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Find something that works and mess with it.
They did the same thing with Howell last year. Sometimes they tend to overthink a situation instead of just doing what makes sense.

Went to bed when we were up 3-2, thanks for posting the PxP. Looks like all of Bakersfield's runs were scored with 2 outs. That really stings.

Went to bed when we were up 3-2, thanks for posting the PxP. Looks like all of Bakersfield's runs were scored with 2 outs. That really stings.
Eight two out runs. Ouch. Will say, tho, Bakersfield had more high choppers over stretched out gloves than I've ever seen in one game. Damn!

Eight two out runs. Ouch. Will say, tho, Bakersfield had more high choppers over stretched out gloves than I've ever seen in one game. Damn!
Not only that, CSUB's decisive four-run 8th inning came after the first two batters were retired. A true two-out rally. Ugh.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT