ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday, May 21st Nebraska vs. Ohio State (Huskers lose 15-2)

Well it's 6am and the sirens were going off, maybe the other teams didn't sleep haha.

But on a serious note...I wonder when this game will actually be played. My hunch is the games before will be delayed so we might not start until evening.

Well it's 6am and the sirens were going off, maybe the other teams didn't sleep haha.

But on a serious note...I wonder when this game will actually be played. My hunch is the games before will be delayed so we might not start until evening.
It looks like the 10:00 game will get started but might get interrupted. I’d bet first pitch for NU-OSU will be more like 5:00.

The first game of the day is officially rescheduled to 1:00 p.m. Apparently, the dugouts are flooded.

More rain is expected in the noon to 3:00 window. I fully expect Indiana-Purdue to not start until 4:00-ish, Nebraska-Ohio State 7:00-8:00 and Illinois-Penn State moved to tomorrow.

Reactions: sklarbodds
The first game of the day is officially rescheduled to 1:00 p.m. Apparently, the dugouts are flooded.

More rain is expected in the noon to 3:00 window. I fully expect Indiana-Purdue to not start until 4:00-ish, Nebraska-Ohio State 7:00-8:00 and Illinois-Penn State moved to tomorrow.

The latest futurecast predicts rain in downtown Omaha starting about 1:30 and ending about 2:30. If that proves accurate, I’d think game 1 is looking at a 3:30-ish start with Jackson Brockett throwing his first pitch around 7:30.

Reactions: sklarbodds
The latest futurecast predicts rain in downtown Omaha starting about 1:30 and ending about 2:30. If that proves accurate, I’d think game 1 is looking at a 3:30-ish start with Jackson Brockett throwing his first pitch around 7:30.
I assume in that scenario they'll play the last game tomorrow morning

Game 1 is now 4:00. Game 2 is now “anticipated” at 8:00. I’m assuming that means it will start as soon as the field can be ready after the first game ends.

Game 3 is now 10:00am tomorrow.

Jackson Brockett is starting tonight??

Didn’t he just pitch on Saturday? Bolt strikes again. Maybe he’ll kill it and Bolt will look like a genius
He only threw three innings on Saturday. Clearly, the plan is to use pitchers like a typical Sunday with Brockett for as long as his arm will allow and the bullpen taking us home. Then Sears can throw Thursday on a full week’s rest.

It’s also a clear indication the goal is to win the tournament, not to win a game or two to pad the regional resume. I love it.

He only threw three innings on Saturday. Clearly, the plan is to use pitchers like a typical Sunday with Brockett for as long as his arm will allow and the bullpen taking us home. Then Sears can throw Thursday on a full week’s rest.

It’s also a clear indication the goal is to win the tournament, not to win a game or two to pad the regional resume. I love it.
This strategy has backfired spectacularly.

This is the biggest deficit of the entire season, right? 14 hits allowed has to be the worst 4 inning stretch of the year, too.

Last edited:
Pitching was bad, but don't lose sight of how sloppy, undisciplined and butt****ingly stupid Bolt's batters looked most of the night, either 😒

Pitching was bad, but don't lose sight of how sloppy, undisciplined and butt****ingly stupid Bolt's batters looked most of the night, either 😒
Pitching unfortunately is what it is but yes, those bats were a major disappointment.

I had too much free time. Under Childress, I only found two instances in conference tournament play where he started what most of us would consider the #1 guy. 2000 (Komine), and 2003 (Marsden). 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2005 were not Komine, Kroenke nor Joba. Ted Silva generally stuck with his Friday guy, and last year Bolt/Christy put Emmett Olson out against Rutgers, so this appears to be mostly a Childress thing.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT