ADVERTISEMENT

Tua concussed

that's my point. he won't just retire for that very reason, and the fish won't just cut him. They will make a deal, if I had to guess. Fact is, he could call their hand and come back, his contract has a HUGE guarantee.
That seems like the easiest and smartest thing do. Make the settlement fair for both sides. I was reading that their HC McDonald said retirement was the last thing that Tua should be thinking about. Man what a dumb statement.

Reactions: Baxter48
But if he retires the guaranteed money is also voided the way I read it .
THis was on the radio this morning, but he gets the guaranteed money including the signing bonus as long as the medical staff makes him retire. If they clear him in any form, he will lose that money if he decides to retire on his own. If the neuro doc says he needs to retire he is in the clear. 163M guaranteed of the 233 (I think those are close).

THis was on the radio this morning, but he gets the guaranteed money including the signing bonus as long as the medical staff makes him retire. If they clear him in any form, he will lose that money if he decides to retire on his own. If the neuro doc says he needs to retire he is in the clear. 163M guaranteed of the 233 (I think those are close).
The contracts are usually insured. It's not for sure, and I also wonder if Tua COULD insure his contract based on his history.

Reactions: leodisflowers
NFL teams print money. It really isnt about the money itself...its about the 55mil cap hit. They want that more than anything IMO.
I'm not looking at it from the Dolphin's perspective, I agree they don't really care about the money. But I'm sure Tua cares a lot about the money. I was just referring to the fact that he might be insured so he gets part or all of the money if he retires due to injury. Also, even if the Dolphins aren't worried about the money, it's not like they're going to be good guys and pay him if the contract says they don't have to.

This is why a settlement is likely to occur sometime. Obviously Tua is not just walking away from 160 plus. And the dolphins aren’t ponying up 160 on the word of a doctor saying he will have issues 20 years from now if he keeps playing.

It's ESPN. DEI at its finest and no one cares.... Their shows are unwatchable that have any of these women chiming in. The NFL shows are tolerable because most of the women just are facilitators. If they want to talk WNBA or other sports... Fine, but otherwise I don't need their opinion. This isn't just for women either. Guys like Greeny, who are huge pussies and have never played a sport, I tune out as well.
FIFY.

That seems like the easiest and smartest thing do. Make the settlement fair for both sides. I was reading that their HC McDonald said retirement was the last thing that Tua should be thinking about. Man what a dumb statement.
How many concussions did tua have at bama that wasn’t reported, the guy needs to check his ego and retire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT