ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Game

bearcats667

Walk On
Nov 3, 2017
Checking out the Troy message boards today, it looks like they are pretty confident that they have a good chance of winning or at least bringing the game into the 4th Q. Unfortunately I would have to agree. This is a lot different team than when we manhandled them 56-0 back in 2005 when they were Troy State and transitioning to FBS. This is a team that beat LSU last year.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It should be a very good game. Nebraska doesn't need a blowout, they need more adversity, a tough game that they find ways to win will be good for them.

This game won’t be close. Boise destroyed Troy 56-20. Martinez, Bunch, Masker or Taylor, we still role. This game will be an old school thrashing!

Like the good old days! Ok, at least 3 quarters of starters just to get them quality time and then the subs.

I’d be happy with that. Regardless though I’d just like to see a complete game. Against Colorado our defensive front was getting after it and our offense was moving the ball. It’s a damn shame that we had so many mistakes. Play that way and limit the mistakes and we would look like a pretty decent football team.

Reactions: F5Tornado
This game won’t be close. Boise destroyed Troy 56-20. Martinez, Bunch, Masker or Taylor, we still role. This game will be an old school thrashing!

I hope you’re right but we’ve heard this before and sometimes it didn’t quite go our way.

Don’t worry fellas, this game will be a beat down.

We’re about to see an angry Scott Frost looking to prove something, and a defense hungry to grab a couple more blackshirts.

This time tomorrow, Michigan fans will be worrying about what happens when we stomp in to Ann Arbor.

It should be a very good game. Nebraska doesn't need a blowout, they need more adversity, a tough game that they find ways to win will be good for them.
Let's blow these ****ers out of the water. Plenty of games in conference play will be close.

We’re in no position to ever look past any opponent. However, first game jitters are out of the way and now it’s time to get serious. Our guys knew they let one slip away last week. Now they’ll be laser focused and dialed in. It’s time to cut loose and play some real Nebraska football. This is the beginning of the rise. One unified purpose. Desire to excel - no fear of failure. Nebraska 62 Troy 10. GBR

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We had 2 major turnovers against the Buffs. Ball security desperately needed to be emphasized. We would have found that out against Akron. Instead we spot the Buffs 14 points and finish the game with a walk on QB taking his first ever D1 snaps in a comeback effort.

I’d take NU over CU 8 times out of 10.

Sucks for Troy. We’ll be out to prove a point today. This won’t be close.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
We had 2 major turnovers against the Buffs. Ball security desperately needed to be emphasized. We would have found that out against Akron. Instead we spot the Buffs 14 points and finish the game with a walk on QB taking his first ever D1 snaps in a comeback effort.

I’d take NU over CU 8 times out of 10.

Sucks for Troy. We’ll be out to prove a point today. This won’t be close.
I think that it would have been if this was the Troy of 2017. It’s clearly not

Noooooooooo...

We want to beat the wheels off of Troy. Get the starters out early and let some depth develop...
This. It would be great if we are ahead 45-10 at the start of the fourth quarter and in total command of the game. And if Bunch is the starter (as I suspect he will be) then get Masker a full quarter of playing time. Instead of a close game we need a blow out to boost the team's morale and confidence heading into Ann Arbor

First, not to take anything away from Troy because it’s never easy to go into LSU and beat the Tigers in Baton Rouge. That said, LSU last year weren’t world beaters. They were 9-3 in the regular season and finished 3rd in the SEC West, and actually got beat by Mississippi State as well. Only beat a Florida team with a Head Coach on the way out by 1, and lost to a pretty good, but not great ND team in the bowl game.

They have a new QB just like us, are missing some offensive weapons, and unfortunately for them, our guys are stinging from one that they let slip away last week. We come out this week, angry, physical, fast and overpowering against Troy. I was thinking earlier this week that this was going to be a more closely contested game than we wanted it to be, but the more I think about it the more I think we roll. If Bunch goes I think we score at least 45. If it’s Martinez I think we get close to the 60 mark.

Also I think our Dline gets it done in a big way today. Last week was just a warm up for them. I think they get to the Troy QB early and often today. And I think we see a mean streak in our DL and Linebackers that we haven’t seen in decades.

We’re in no position to ever look past any opponent. However, first game jitters are out of the way and now it’s time to get serious. Our guys knew they let one slip away last week. Now they’ll be laser focused and dialed in. It’s time to cut loose and play some real Nebraska football. This is the beginning of the rise. One unified purpose. Desire to excel - no fear of failure. Nebraska 62 Troy 10. GBR
Love the username. Why Hominid? Curious

Love the username. Why Hominid? Curious
in a nutshell:
1. reminder of our “animal” essence mostly ignored by those who think “human” is something separate
2. fascination w/ pre-sapien bipedals
3. alliteration, it has a ring to it, and it wasn’t already taken
GBR

after only winning 1 game of last 8 as a program (an insanely sad stat), I am stoked as a mofo for Frost to get his first win and get the team back on track. I hope we come out on fire and put on a show, demonstrating team capacity to dominate in all phases.
A defensive TD or special teams TD would be a nice bonus.

in a nutshell:
1. reminder of our “animal” essence mostly ignored by those who think “human” is something separate
2. fascination w/ pre-sapien bipedals
3. alliteration, it has a ring to it, and it wasn’t already taken
GBR
Love it. I share #2 with you, which is why I asked the question. Fascinated with what the intellect and consciousness would have been in bipedal hominids before Neanderthals and Sapiens showed up. They must have been highly intelligent because, more than likely, they would have been more intelligent than present day apes like Gorillas, Bonobos, and Chimps. And they are damn intelligent.

I hope the day comes soon where we check other message boards like Troy's and even their die-hard homers are giving them no chance against Nebraska.

Those days are long gone and not coming back. I think we’ll have a run with someone like Martinez’s SR year once a decade. End the year near the top 10.

We’ll roll today by 4 TDS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT