ADVERTISEMENT

Tristan Gebbia

Gebbia made the right decision. He wouldn't sniff the field the next 4 yrs as long as Martinez was healthy.

Now he has the chance to start 35 games for OSU. No brainer.
This! He’s not a “Frost offense” guy. He saw the writing on the wall. Can’t blame him. He’s not a quitter, but just looking out for #1 just like everyone else. Yeah he would by playing right now, but ultimately he would be a career backup for us. If he thinks that he can start for a major program, then so be it

I am not sure who cries more, some Huskers fans crying about an 18 year old kid leaving or Star Wars fans crying about the current movies.

Reactions: footnfan1
I am not sure who cries more, some Huskers fans crying about an 18 year old kid leaving or Star Wars fans crying about the current movies.

The Last Jedi was complete trash. Thank god RJ won't be directing the next episode. I haven't seen Solo yet, but Rogue One and The Force Awakens were both good.

Reactions: GuessYouWereWrong
It was start or bust for him, and he packed it up and moved on when the start didn't come his way.
Im guessing Frost will not make this mistake again. I believe he thought being honest would be best. Many say if Frost would have told Gebbia and Martinez it was too close and just played both for the first couple games that Gebbia would have stuck around. Yes he would have stayed this year, but guessing he would have left next year anyways. We already have 2 solid QBs coming in the next 2 years. Plus Vedral is eligible. All fit the system better than Gebbia. He knew once Martinez was named starter that he had no shot to play here at Nebraska after this year. He will at Oregon St. Playing time and himself is his #1 priority.

I love Frost and think he will win eventually but he blew this one and it set back the team a year. He should have started Gebbia if it was close and made the switcheroo after 3-4 games. Look at what Dabo did today - he named his five star Freshman the new starter. Probably knew that’s what he wanted all along but this way keeps Bryant in the fold. People say they respect honesty but reality is Gebbia departure broke the karma and derailed the season. Saban and Dabo play chess.....

FYI Kelly Bryant is transferring now

How do you feel about coaches that leave their team while the season is still being played?
Quit whining. He left UCF in a great spot with a great roster and you got what appears to me to be a very good young head coach. I watched him play in high school and he and his dad have never been anything but class. You guys bitched about Chin and you got an upgrade maybe at DC. You should be happy at the way and how Frost left UCF. Good heavens he coached you guys to a once in a lifetime perfect record with a win over an SEC powerhouse.

Quit whining. He left UCF in a great spot with a great roster and you got what appears to me to be a very good young head coach. I watched him play in high school and he and his dad have never been anything but class. You guys bitched about Chin and you got an upgrade maybe at DC. You should be happy at the way and how Frost left UCF. Good heavens he coached you guys to a once in a lifetime perfect record with a win over an SEC powerhouse.
I'm a Nebraska fan. The Knight in my handle has nothing to do with UCF.

I have no issues with Frost leaving UCF. I was trying to make the point to the tardis on this board that Frost and Gebbia aren't all that different in regards to the decisions they made.

I have no issues with Frost leaving UCF. I was trying to make the point to the tardis on this board that Frost and Gebbia aren't all that different in regards to the decisions they made.

Uhh, Frost left UCF to come home and provide for his family better. His success and hard work led to a promotion.

Gebbia left because he didn’t get his way. His lack of success and hard work led him to take a demotion.

That is very different.

Uhh, Frost left UCF to come home and provide for his family better. His success and hard work led to a promotion.

Gebbia left because he didn’t get his way. His lack of success and hard work led him to take a demotion.

That is very different.

Awesome, he was demoted from 3rd string to 2nd string. He redshirted as a freshman, so his lack of success is clear.

Stick with your stats on crime and race.

Reactions: knightwxc5000
A

Well I think they're tremendously different. Frost left them at the end of the year and in a really good position to fill their needs. Good heavens he left them with maybe one of the best QBs in college football with a very good rest of the roster. He also left them with a winning program and the ability to attract a very good replacement at a fairly convenient time. EVERYBODY knew Frost was going to go somewhere and more than likely agents and UCF were already posing what ifs for when it did happen. Conversely, Gebbia left us right before the season with zero chance to fill the void his departure left. I don't blame Gebbia. He needed to do what he thought was best for his career also but the similarities stop there.

Awesome, he was demoted from 3rd string to 2nd string. He redshirted as a freshman, so his lack of success is clear.

Stick with your stats on crime and race.

Awesome, I was referring to the fact that he transferred from the 5th winningest program of all time to a school with an all time winning % of .47 in Oregon State as a demotion. He lost the starting job to an 18 year old that hadn’t played football since he was 16, so you’re correct on his lack of success.

Stick with arguments you can win, fanboy.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
Awesome, I was referring to the fact that he transferred from the 5th winningest program of all time to a school with an all time winning % of .47 in Oregon State as a demotion. He lost the starting job to an 18 year old that hadn’t played football since he was 16, so you’re correct on his lack of success.

Stick with arguments you can win, fanboy.

Fanboy? Ha ha clever, far from accurate but clever.

However, I would look in the mirror when I used the term fanboy, if I were you.

Only fans care about things like 5th all time winning pct. Fans brag and boast on the accomplishments of others.

Competitors want to play, and not be a cheerleader on the sidelines. So they do what they can to put themselves in a position to do that. Kind of like the head coach at Nebraska.

Lastly, Gebbia is a 19 year old who hadn’t played in football game since he was 17. It’s not like he is Kelly Bryant leaving Clemson. Gebbia will play 3 years of college football at Oregon St and would have been a guaranteed career backup here.

Fanboy? Ha ha clever, far from accurate but clever.

However, I would look in the mirror when I used the term fanboy, if I were you.

Only fans care about things like 5th all time winning pct. Fans brag and boast on the accomplishments of others.

Competitors want to play, and not be a cheerleader on the sidelines. So they do what they can to put themselves in a position to do that. Kind of like the head coach at Nebraska.

Lastly, Gebbia is a 19 year old who hadn’t played in football game since he was 17. It’s not like he is Kelly Bryant leaving Clemson. Gebbia will play 3 years of college football at Oregon St and would have been a guaranteed career backup here.

“Fanboy” is in reference to bringing up responses to other threads, glad you’re a student of my work.

Not bragging, this team is terrible. Look up Jenks football and my Phillip Dillard if you care about my accomplishments.

But please, continue on about how having 6000 posts on an Internet message board celebrating Nebraska makes you a competitor and not a fan lmao.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
If Frost had left UCF five days before the first game you’d have a point. Gebbia stole practice time from the other QBs. He’s a bad teammate and selfish person. That seems to be the norm with college kids today though and I guess The answer most people here seem to have is to lie to the players like Nick Saban or Dabo Sweeney to get them to stay.

Reactions: DaddyBoi
Grant Wistrom's twitter.

Me: Dad a guy beat me out for the starting DE. I'm going to transfer.

Dad: Shut up! Get back to work! Earn it back!

Me: Ok.

Grant Wistrom's twitter.

Me: Dad a guy beat me out for the starting DE. I'm going to transfer.

Dad: Shut up! Get back to work! Earn it back!

Me: Ok.
Times have changed since Wistrom played and he wasn't a QB. Big difference.

" Earn it Back! " Players will need to unders

It s all about " Earn it Back "
Well I don't think he was going to earn it back from what I saw of Martinez and I think Gebbia knew it. The only way he was going to start was injury and his pro aspirations may be better served in a pro style offense. He left us in the lurch but that's his option. We should have recruited another QB maybe instead of one of the other guys who have no shot at playing. Frost gambled he would stay and lost.

“Fanboy” is in reference to bringing up responses to other threads, glad you’re a student of my work.

Not bragging, this team is terrible. Look up Jenks football and my Phillip Dillard if you care about my accomplishments.

But please, continue on about how having 6000 posts on an Internet message board celebrating Nebraska makes you a competitor and not a fan lmao.
I remember seeing Phillip Dillard downtown Lincoln once. Him & his friends were jeering to some other dude & it looked like they were going to get into a fight (don't know who started it, doesn't matter),

After a couple of swings the other dude eventually backed out and Dillard & his friends continued talking crap calling him a wuss, etc. The problem for the other dude is that it wasn't a 1 vs 1 fight (Dillard vs the other guy). It ended up being a 3 vs 1 (Dillard & his friends coming in vs the other guy Dillard had beef with). I thought that was a pretty chicken shit move by Dillard & his friends.

Damn straight! No way in Hell Scott Frost would ever want a guy on the team who transfers because he's not projected to be the starting....

Wait, never mind.

You sir know how to internet.
nov-1994-quarterback-scott-frost-of-the-stanford-cardinal-drops-back-picture-id1399853

Once in a lifetime is a stretch considering it could happen again this season

And I love frost but didn’t he take every coach and every admin? And he tried to take most recruits?

Except on this board there's a good chance you'll never hear of gebbia again he transferred to Oregon state he'll never make a bowl game doubt he makes the pros. Please let this die a faster death I actually supported the kid but he tucked tail and ran good luck to him

So far... Avery Roberts, Tyjon Lindsey and Greg Bell

I'm sure there will be more...
I need to start holding onto my posts until after the season so I can use the benefit of hindsight :)

You were right though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT