ADVERTISEMENT

Trigger Alert

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
RU_Roundabout_6_Cars.gif

Need more. 40th/South st/ normal Blvd a giant roundabout and Randolph St and Capitol Blvd.

Any other spots to put in roundabouts?

Every car has their TURN SIGNALS on. they are not blinkers :)

A city in Indiana has the largest number of these in the nation. They did speed up traffic flow, no sitting and waiting for lights. They did have an increase of accidents but less severe accidents. Accidents were less of the traditional T Bone hits in intersections and more of the side swipes of the round abouts, thus fewer injuries.

I’ve driven across the UK a couple of times and I’m convinced that roundabouts are more efficient than our intersections. At least out of London they are. Stoplights are needed in massive traffic areas though.

I’ve driven across the UK a couple of times and I’m convinced that roundabouts are more efficient than our intersections. At least out of London they are. Stoplights are needed in massive traffic areas though.

Lincoln (dan) failed at the efficiency portion. speeding up and slowing down every 100 yards with one lane available getting stuck behind a slow driver is absolute hell, and not very efficient. i end up passing fools going the wrong way through the roundabouts ect (allegedly), or whatever other means necessary to get around the bullshit one lane roundabout roads that dan has cursed us with.

Roundabouts are all over the PNW, esp on the west side. Even here in my small Idaho town I just drove thru 2 roundabouts on my way home from the grocery store.

Two of these were put in by Adams Central HS. The one on Hwy 6 cost $6M to put in and the one on AC Rd cost $1M.

I'm triggered that it costs that much of our tax dollars to put these things in. That's ridiculous.

In Indonesia, they don't put in many traffic lights, and only a few roundabouts.. if they want to control traffic, the just put in speed bumps everywhere. It's like speed bump mania here.. so pick your poison / budget.

Reactions: leodisflowers
In Indonesia, they don't put in many traffic lights, and only a few roundabouts.. if they want to control traffic, the just put in speed bumps everywhere. It's like speed bump mania here.. so pick your poison / budget.
Welcome back Nikki,
How's the wife?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT