ADVERTISEMENT

Trev brings in Clay Helton in audition-mode to finish out the season ????????

Big10domination

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 17, 2021
Here's our schedule

Spartans
Wildcats
Wolverines
Gophers
Boilermakers
Buckeyes
Badgers
Kawkkkeyes

I see 1 maybe 2 wins in that line-up.

Reactions: ctlbyr
Here's our schedule

Spartans
Wildcats
Wolverines
Gophers
Boilermakers
Buckeyes
Badgers
Kawkkkeyes

It's very possible Nebraska goes the reast of the season not favored in any of those games but maybe Northwestern. Hell, Purdue is only down 7 to ND with the ball at the 50 second mark in the 2nd quarter.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
So losing with laces is better than winning with velcro?

seriously_man_you_are_doing_it_wrong_53.gif

Some choose the red pill, some choose the blue pill.

Why on earth would anyone want Clay Helton as their coach, even in a trial mode? He can't get the job done at USC with a roster full of 4 and 5* kids, and pardon me, but was anyone watching Iowa dismantle them in the Holiday Bowl a year and a half ago? He made Iowa's offense look like a juggernaut. LOL Sorry, but I don't see that as a step up in a coach. ;)

Here's our schedule

Spartans
Wildcats
Wolverines
Gophers
Boilermakers
Buckeyes
Badgers
Kawkkkeyes

Scotty is a good person, and I wish he was the Moses to lead us back to the promised land. But close only counts in hand-grenades.
Lets check the results:

Spartans - v ranked Miami - 38-17
Wildcats - v Duke - 23-30 (we win this contest)
Wolverines - v N. Ill 63-10
Gophers - v Colorado 30-0
Boilermakers - v Notre Dame 13-27 (we win this contest)
Buckeyes - v Tulsa 41-20
Badgers - Bye week
Kawkeyes - v Kent State 30-7

So there we go. 2 wins. And it will take an A-level effort to beat the wildcats and boilermakers. But even if we win 6 games this year, is that really worth an extension in year 4 ??

Scotty is a good person, and I wish he was the Moses to lead us back to the promised land. But close only counts in hand-grenades.
Lets check the results:

Spartans - v ranked Miami - 38-17
Wildcats - v Duke - 23-30 (we win this contest)
Wolverines - v N. Ill 63-10
Gophers - v Colorado 30-0
Boilermakers - v Notre Dame 13-27 (we win this contest)
Buckeyes - v Tulsa 41-20
Badgers - Bye week
Kawkeyes - v Kent State 30-7

So there we go. 2 wins. And it will take an A-level effort to beat the wildcats and boilermakers. But even if we win 6 games this year, is that really worth an extension in year 4 ??
Try to follow the logic… no one is ready to fight for Scott Frost…. but your initial idea is dumb and has no precedence in major college football that I’m aware of. You fire the coach, name an interim from the staff, and get busy making back channel contact with real candidates.

Reactions: HuskerDana
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT