ADVERTISEMENT

Trev Alberts

Why wouldn't the UNL stadium project happen? Because the Flatwater Free Press wrote an article?
Maybe because we’re obviously prioritizing stadium seat width over athlete talent and ppl with a BMI < 40 over those who’d rather have > 3-star athletes? They may be reluctant to donate money to a black hole that won’t improve the quality of our team. People SHOULD be skeptical, IMO…

Not giving a penny to stadium improvements until our team’s metric talent improves. It hasn’t, yet. Happily will when and if they do so. Have (wife has) legitimately tossed a couple requests in the trash in the last few months.

Maybe because we’re obviously prioritizing stadium seat width over athlete talent and ppl with a BMI < 40 over those who’d rather have > 3-star athletes? They may be reluctant to donate money to a black hole that won’t improve the quality of our team. People SHOULD be skeptical, IMO…

Not giving a penny to stadium improvements until our team’s metric talent improves. It hasn’t, yet. Happily will when and if they do so. Have (wife has) legitimately tossed a couple requests in the trash in the last few months.
You constantly talk about NIL. Now you are inferring you have a bunch of money to donate. How much do you give to NIL?

Reactions: JOHNNY N

So where will all your husker dollars go? Are you going to by a ten year supply of pipeline jersey?

That's an interesting read. Would not surprise me in the least if this kind of financial malfeasance is now happening at UNL. I mean for 500 million, NASA gets a space station, and this is what Trev says the stadium renovation is going to cost? He's funneling money here and there I presume. When it blows up, it's not going to be a good look.
Just stop

Reactions: Baxter48
You constantly talk about NIL. Now you are inferring you have a bunch of money to donate. How much do you give to NIL?
the point is not measuring dicks (I’d win), but just the lack of functionality of our NIL initiative. I’ve given $20k to football. You asked. NIL specifically. Not enough to buy any particular athlete to plug an ad for my businesses (I’m out of state anyway), but it’s the well into 6 figures ‘donation’ to the department over 20+ years for season tickets that chaps my hide, just based on the talent that’s on the field. And on the BB court. It’s abysmal, and I know I’m NOT ALONE. I feel that our athletic department has adopted the wrong priorities, and our NIL initiative is either broken or something needs to be investigated. Other programs are making their dollars count A LOT more than we are, and to no small degree because our fanbase is stubborn, and antiquated. It’s our FANS who’re burying us into obscurity.

the point is not measuring dicks (I’d win), but just the lack of functionality of our NIL initiative. I’ve given $20k to football. You asked. NIL specifically. Not enough to buy any particular athlete to plug an ad for my businesses (I’m out of state anyway), but it’s the well into 6 figures ‘donation’ to the department over 20+ years for season tickets that chaps my hide, just based on the talent that’s on the field. And on the BB court. It’s abysmal, and I know I’m NOT ALONE. I feel that our athletic department has adopted the wrong priorities, and our NIL initiative is either broken or something needs to be investigated. Other programs are making their dollars count A LOT more than we are, and to no small degree because our fanbase is stubborn, and antiquated. It’s our FANS who’re burying us into obscurity.
I am leery of our NIL as well. Just seems to be something you are constantly harping on. As far as donating to the AD, I think everyone, including myself, has questioned that over the last 20 years. But the bottom line is we have a new administration and a new coaching staff and I see no reason to not give them an unbiased chance.

You call it stubborn. I call it loyalty. Maybe to a fault. Either way, I can see the Rhule vision, and I like it.

So no pipeline jersey?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT