ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 records in mlb are in the NL Central

mwulf

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013
Thigh Land
Has this type of thing ever happened this late in the season where the top 3 records in the entire AL/NL are in the same division? With the Royals in a bit of tailspin it may end up this way too. I hate the 1 game play in nonsense but as a Cubs fan I am fully prepared to be letdown.

...but as a Cubs fan I am fully prepared to be letdown.

It's funny that you said this. I said the same thing today when I was talking to a friend.

By nature, I tend to be pretty pessimistic. However this year, they've got a spark that I haven't seen in a long time (if ever). I just hope I don't get kicked too hard in the sack.

Hopefully this will lead to a 3 game wild card series. Playing 162 for a single elimination game is fun to watch, but a little absurd.

Agree...awesome to win 90 games not awesome to lose a 1 game playoff and be bounced. I really dont see how anyone will be able to beat the Dodgers with those two pitching. The Cards are running on fumes at this point

Agree...awesome to win 90 games not awesome to lose a 1 game playoff and be bounced. I really dont see how anyone will be able to beat the Dodgers with those two pitching. The Cards are running on fumes at this point
It is what it is. Just because it's the Cubs is no reason to change it. What if they win, you still want to play more games?

I believe there is a direct correlation between the AL and NL central having the best records in both leagues:

The Cardinals, Pirates, Cubs, and Royals have good clubs. That's obvious. But the 2 divisions also have some terrible teams and faced off vs each other in Interleague play.

Milwaukee, Cincinnati, the White Sox, the Tigers, and the Indians all have bad baseball teams this season. This really allowed the upper echelon teams to fatten up on the bad teams.

The Royals built such a massive lead that they lost their edge to some extent. The month of September has basically been a formality. The Cubs, Pirates, and Cards have benefited from being in a pennant Chase.

On a side note, I still think the Mets are the most dangerous team in the NL.

The Mets young pitching staff is just filthy. Tons of talent.

It is what it is. Just because it's the Cubs is no reason to change it. What if they win, you still want to play more games?
I hate the damn Cubs and I think the single game wild card needs a change. I was all for it in the beginning, but it's time for the wildcard to evolve. The obvious challenge is pushing the playoffs further and further into the fall weather. Bottom line, there's money to be made, so MLB will make the move soon enough.

Just start the season a week earlier or mix in a few doubleheaders and you can at least have best of 3 for wild card without having to play into november

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT