ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 Moments of Post-Solich Saddness

NebChicago

Blackshirt
Oct 14, 2009
What does your list look like and where does the Indiana loss rank.

A few on mine:

-Callahan USC game where we get rolling and our players are dancing to Boyz II Men in pre-taped promos while going to commercials

-Wisconsin B1G Championship (or the good ol’ days as I now call them)

-Frost vs Tucker’s CO team

—Akron cancellation to start Frost’s tenure.

—Taylor Martinez getting hurt in his senior season. One of my favorite Huskers and I expected so much more from his career; just sucked that it had to end the way it did.

—BYU Hail Mary to start Riley’s tenure. I liked Riley a lot as a person and really hoped he would prove us all wrong.

—1 second against Texas.

i wanted to break things after the Indiana loss on Saturday. Embarrassing, disgusting display of football. But it doesn’t even make my top 10 in sad moments since Osborne. Probably because I’m jaded after a decade of losing and already expected the road loss heading into the game.

Callahan:
Giving up 76 to KU,
Giving up 70 to TTU
The Oklahoma State debacle in front of the 97 team.

Pelini:
Giving up 70 in the B1G Championship.
The ISU game with 8 turnovers
The Melvin Gordon 408 game.

Riley:
Losing to NIU
Giving up 50+ the last four consecutive games

Frost:
Losing and giving up 45 to Georgia Southern.
Hard to pick from so many kicks to the dick, but the onside kicks against NW and OSU were particularly embarrassing.

The Indiana disaster on Saturday is right up there. Reminded me a lot of the Melvin Gordon 408 game.

Last edited:
—Akron cancellation to start Frost’s tenure.

—Taylor Martinez getting hurt in his senior season. One of my favorite Huskers and I expected so much more from his career; just sucked that it had to end the way it did.

—BYU Hail Mary to start Riley’s tenure. I liked Riley a lot as a person and really hoped he would prove us all wrong.

—1 second against Texas.

i wanted to break things after the Indiana loss on Saturday. Embarrassing, disgusting display of football. But it doesn’t even make my top 10 in sad moments since Osborne. Probably because I’m jaded after a decade of losing and already expected the road loss heading into the game.
This is a really good list! I used to break shit but stopped close to 20 years ago because I like other Husker fans have pretty much seen it all.

Before we left the Big-12 pretty much every winning streak we owned over teams was broken. Since joining the B1G we pretty much are trying to break the losing streaks.

Reactions: HuskAir and Frozone
Hiring Eichorst and Mike Riley.
Eichorst just seemed like a shifty/sneaky type. Mike Riley was a real likable guy. Just not very successful BUT way more successful than Frost!

Frost being named Head Coach is the saddest moment because in theory he should have been the perfect coach for Nebraska but instead goes down as the worst coach EVER at Nebraska. Wasted 5 years of Nebraska football!

Frost being named Head Coach is the saddest moment because in theory he should have been the perfect coach for Nebraska but instead goes down as the worst coach EVER at Nebraska. Wasted 5 years of Nebraska football!
While I won’t disagree with you that SF should have been the perfect coach because the majority of us including myself thought he was the home run hire, but he isn’t the worst coach EVER.

Bill Jennings was in his 5 years in Lincoln with a wining pct of .310, SF winning pct was .341..

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
The reason Indiana hurts so much for me, is becauae like evey other regime, there was a point...pretty early in each of them, where you knew nothing had changed and nothing was going to change and its just a matter of time before the current regime is gone.

...not advocating for Rhule's firing, just admitting to myself I will be more shocked if Rhule turns it around, than doesn't. YMMV.

The reason Indiana hurts so much for me, is becauae like evey other regime, there was a point...pretty early in each of them, where you knew nothing had changed and nothing was going to change and its just a matter of time before the current regime is gone.

...not advocating for Rhule's firing, just admitting to myself I will be more shocked if Rhule turns it around, than doesn't. YMMV.
Because of one blow out and the way we played I can see your frustration, we’re all frustrated the way that game went down but I’m not going to make a knee jerk decision and I’ll make judgment after the season..

A lot of football still needs to be played ( 5 games) yet this season.

This one (Indiana) is near the top for me. This is the first time in a long time that I haven’t been able to shake a bad loss. Getting rocked by Indiana, actually made me feel like it is truly is over. That Nebraska is never gonna get near the top of this sport again.

It’s so obvious to anyone watching this team with the problem is. Now if HCMR has the guts and the brains to make the changes… We’ll see.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and ADV1
Because of one blow out and the way we played I can see your frustration, we’re all frustrated the way that game went down but I’m not going to make a knee jerk decision and I’ll make judgment after the season..

Well then tune in next Saturday. That outta do it.

While I won’t disagree with you that SF should have been the perfect coach because the majority of us including myself thought he was the home run hire, but he isn’t the worst coach EVER.

Bill Jennings was in his 5 years in Lincoln with a wining pct of .310, SF winning pct was .341..
Bill Jennings did beat multiple ranked opponents, so there’s that.

This one (Indiana) is near the top for me. This is the first time in a long time that I haven’t been able to shake a bad loss. Getting rocked by Indiana, actually made me feel like it is truly is over. That Nebraska is never gonna get near the top of this sport again.

It’s so obvious to anyone watching this team with the problem is. Now if HCMR has the guts and the brains to make the changes… We’ll see.
I don't get it. We have been bad for a decade. We have gotten our ass kicked multiple times. I stopped watching 3 minutes into the 3rd period. Same o- same o. Why be upset at this point?

Last Saturday's drubbing felt like it's own special hell and place in our history.

I suppose it reminded me a little of 2007, Callahan's last year. As I looked at the final 5 games on our schedule back then I couldn't envision a win in any one of them. This year's final 5 games feels similar.

I hope his take is the correct one. If they can right keep things respectable this week and then steady the ship to win 2 or more games the rest of the way out, then I'm going to have more optimism on Rhule's chances for longer term success. If they take another swan dive to end the season, we're facing another offseason filled with the same old tired questions on the direction of the program, what changes are needed, and fighting the urge to chug the next round of kool-aid to make ourselves feel better.

Reactions: scarletred
—1 second against Texas.
The loss to a terrible Texas team (5-7) the following year in Lincoln after declaring “we are back” as we hosted a whale trophy the yr before and Tom Osborne declaring the “red out around the world” campaign for the Texas game

We entered that game ranked 5th in the nation and shit the bed. Ended up with another 4 loss season

The two that I immediately remember and only ones I'll list. No need for me to hurt myself more.

70-10 loss to Texas Tech in 04.

2009 Big 12 Championship

2012 B10 Championship loss to Wisconsin

Reactions: SickOfPractice
The malfeasance at which the football team and AD has been run for more than 20 years is criminal. The shame that people should feel is off the charts, but because we've hired grifters with no pride they don't feel a thing.

I don't get it. We have been bad for a decade. We have gotten our ass kicked multiple times. I stopped watching 3 minutes into the 3rd period. Same o- same o. Why be upset at this point?
It seemed like dare I say, we were so close….. it was Indiana. Getting beat like that by OSU you can still destined. Indiana? No way. Not yet.

Let's hope the next 20 quarters are better than the last 20 quarters.

It seemed like dare I say, we were so close….. it was Indiana. Getting beat like that by OSU you can still destined. Indiana? No way. Not yet.
We may find that this Indiana team is for real. Who knows? They definitely have taken on the swagger of their head coach. Lets see if they are a flash in the pan or end up being the real deal. Maybe he ends up at Nebraska. LOL

Husker fans making up fake stories about every coach since TO.

Husker fans mad that Bo did not want to give them hand jobs.

Husker fans saying "I didn't even know how Mike Riley was" in one post only to follow it up with "I did some reading on this guy and with the resources at NU, this is great hire" acting like at Oregon State the "resources" were just one Bowflex machine.

Thinking Frost would be amazing here (Me, Man, I had high hopes)

Reactions: NebChicago
We may find that this Indiana team is for real. Who knows? They definitely have taken on the swagger of their head coach. Lets see if they are a flash in the pan or end up being the real deal. Maybe he ends up at Nebraska. LOL
Even if they’re for real, they don’t have the kind of talent that should do what they did to Satterfield and White.

Frost:
Losing and giving up 45 to Georgia Southern.
honestly this one was more of a relief than anything. similar to Riley's last game against Iowa, it was the final nail in the coffin and hope for a better future.

Mickey Joseph's win against Iowa later that year was such a bright spot. I truly believe we'd be a much better team had we been able to keep him.

Reactions: leodisflowers
honestly this one was more of a relief than anything. similar to Riley's last game against Iowa, it was the final nail in the coffin and hope for a better future.

Mickey Joseph's win against Iowa later that year was such a bright spot. I truly believe we'd be a much better team had we been able to keep him.
Me too. I think he would have had a good staff and we would have had a lot of good players. Dude knew how to get talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT