ADVERTISEMENT

Tommi and Corcoran

Threads like this are FAR more informative than some of the postgame venting.
Having lost a dozen or more one score games over the last 2 seasons by 1 score leads to frustration which leads to venting and finger pointing.

In the heat of the battle and with a resultant loss is gonna cause some bitching, and I do my share cause I might be a little more outspoken/insensitive than most people. I am a results driven person, and I don't like Alibi Ike.

After a cooling off period I always go to the cause and effect. What caused the issues and they are multiple, among them LACK OF INTENSITY, which is inexcusable when you are working your ass off, have everything a player could possibly want, then give a bullshit, entitled effort.

Many of these kids are living their dream, most will not play any more football when they are done here, so how hard is it to go 100% every snap in front of 86,000 people, a national television audience, and their teammates? If you can't get fired up to play UTEP or Colorado or Ohio State, just turn in your pads and hit the bricks cause we don't need you.

We've been privy to 5 national championships over the years, and we know how hard it is to try to win it all. We're not asking for that, but sacking up and doing your job is what we ask players to do. If they're not up to it, then we either have the wrong kids or the wrong coaches leading this parade.

When I coached, I never asked nor gave any quarter, but we did come to take what we had worked and prepared so hard for, and no team was gonna stand in our way. These seniors and super seniors will never know that feeling, cause it isn't in their nature.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT