ADVERTISEMENT

Tommi and Corcoran

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Heard the injury to Turner was no bueno. Are they going to ride Gottula, or perhaps move Scott out to tackle, Evans to Center and let Mazzucca out of the doghouse? Heard plantar fasciitis with Tommi. That is a thing that can nag and is a bane of distance runners.

Heard the injury to Turner was no bueno. Are they going to ride Gottula, or perhaps move Scott out to tackle, Evans to Center and let Mazzucca out of the doghouse? Heard plantar fasciitis with Tommi. That is a thing that can nag and is a bane of distance runners.

You know what Corcoran’s injury is? Big blow with Tommi going down😕 Hope the youngsters are ready…

They need to defiantly find a running game with the rest of the conference slat ahead of us..

Let’s hope Tommi gets back by the time we play Indiana..

Reactions: king_kong_
They need to defiantly find a running game with the rest of the conference slat ahead of us..

Let’s hope Tommi gets back by the time we play Indiana..

Pretty bad would equal not available for several games at least. Runners with plantar fasciitis cross train. My oldest had it his Jr year in HS and it took a few weeks to get it settled down. Trainers should be able to work it, but no doubt it affects his ability to accelerate.

Reactions: Hford

Pretty bad would equal not available for several games at least. Runners with plantar fasciitis cross train. My oldest had it his Jr year in HS and it took a few weeks to get it settled down. Trainers should be able to work it, but no doubt it affects his ability to accelerate.
Pretty bad means ACL type injury. Plantar fasciitis means at least a month.

Pretty bad means ACL type injury. Plantar fasciitis means at least a month.
Is someone like Sledge ready to take over at center so they can move Scott over to left tackle? Or is Scott not tackle material?

Buford was a major issue for us out there. Need to get Blye Hill back.

Tommi never should have been out there last night. He was awful from the first snap, clearly not healthy. Completely negligent of our coaches to have let it go on as long as they did. He couldn't move at all.

Is someone like Sledge ready to take over at center so they can move Scott over to left tackle? Or is Scott not tackle material?
I don't like moving our center, but I don't know I don't watch practice. Rhule is paid a lot of money to make things work, we've got a number of good bodies. They are mostly Freshman or rFr unfortunately.

I don't like moving our center, but I don't know I don't watch practice. Rhule is paid a lot of money to make things work, we've got a number of good bodies. They are mostly Freshman or rFr unfortunately.
Yea, just not sure if Seagram is ready to start at left tackle..

Looked like Corcoran was a foot/ankle injury. Isn’t that what knocked him out last year or the year before?

Teddy P and Corcoran have battled injuries pretty much their entire careers. It sucks but shouldn't be unexpected anymore. Moving guys around the OL will probably will just make things more unsettled. Scott has been a very good center and should stay put. Let Micah M back in and give Gottula a chance to be better.

We are thin at tackle. Period. There is no magic fix here by reshuffling the deck. Too bad we did not pick up anyone at that spot in the portal. I think the best way forward is to get Micah back and let Gottula play for Corcoran. That is the least disruptive option. Gottula sucked against Illinois. But he was thrown into the fray unexpectedly. Let him now rep in practice as a starter and gain some confidence heading into Purdue.

Before the season started I had three big concerns. I doubted our offensive line, I worried about our secondary, and I was cautious about how a true freshman would play at QB. Only that last concern was unfounded it turns out.

Our line up to now has played well in pass protection for the most part. Gottula has to improve there. But run blocking has been a problem. I doubt Gottula helps that situation either. But it is who we have. There really are no good options here. We have been hit by injuries at a thin position. And it hurts.

We are thin at tackle. Period. There is no magic fix here by reshuffling the deck. Too bad we did not pick up anyone at that spot in the portal. I think the best way forward is to get Micah back and let Gottula play for Corcoran. That is the least disruptive option. Gottula sucked against Illinois. But he was thrown into the fray unexpectedly. Let him now rep in practice as a starter and gain some confidence heading into Purdue.

Before the season started I had three big concerns. I doubted our offensive line, I worried about our secondary, and I was cautious about how a true freshman would play at QB. Only that last concern was unfounded it turns out.

Our line up to now has played well in pass protection for the most part. Gottula has to improve there. But run blocking has been a problem. I doubt Gottula helps that situation either. But it is who we have. There really are no good options here. We have been hit by injuries at a thin position. And it hurts.
Exactly right, but the question is why didn't our coach's and the NIL collective address the issue with some money.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

I had Plantar Fascitis and I can tell you it is terrible. It is the heel of your foot, and it is a sharp pain. The pain can stop you dead in your tracks and mine lasted for 6 months. I did not have trainers working on me non stop, but he will not be able to run effectively with it.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I had Plantar Fascitis and I can tell you it is terrible. It is the heel of your foot, and it is a sharp pain. The pain can stop you dead in your tracks and mine lasted for 6 months. I did not have trainers working on me non stop, but he will not be able to run effectively with it.
Intensity of symptoms varies widely and pf sufferers have to be very intentional in working the rehab. Would imagine he’s spending a lot of time in a Strassburg sock.

Exactly right, but the question is why didn't our coach's and the NIL collective address the issue with some money.
They tried and we got out bid. We got leveraged to get more money from schools with a recent history of winning. That said, we have young talent but it's just that. Having to sub in backups in a game like that just messes with your communication and consistency. We still should have won the game if our kicker OR QB had made plays.

Reactions: dpnavy and OzzyLvr
Yep. We have to play Micah.
So he's not gonna win the Citizenship Award, who gives a shit? He's just a hired gun, and a difference maker. Play the man.

They need to decide who the LT of the future is, just play the kid and live with the results. That spot has been a revolving door for years.

Identify the kid with the model characteristics for the position, just take our lumps because it's not like its been a strong position with Teddy, Corcoran or Gottula.

So he's not gonna win the Citizenship Award, who gives a shit? He's just a hired gun, and a difference maker. Play the man.

They need to decide who the LT of the future is, just play the kid and live with the results. That spot has been a revolving door for years.

Identify the kid with the model characteristics for the position, just take our lumps because it's not like its been a strong position with Teddy, Corcoran or Gottula.
AS much as Corc gets criticized, there's a noticeable drop off without him in there.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I still don't know why they started the year with Teddy and Corcoran as the 1-2 when both have a long history of being injured. Did it ever occur to them it would be a repeat of the last 2-3 years?
what else were they going to do? They offered all they could to buy a starting LT in the portal. Gottula isn't a great option at LT at least at this point in time. Most teams who are down to their 3rd best OT at left tackle are going to have problems at that spot. That said, I think Lutovsky was a bigger problem at guard.

Reactions: scarletred
They tried and we got out bid. We got leveraged to get more money from schools with a recent history of winning. That said, we have young talent but it's just that. Having to sub in backups in a game like that just messes with your communication and consistency. We still should have won the game if our kicker OR QB had made plays.
So we got outbid for tackles and kickers.....I thought we were top 10 in NIL.....

what else were they going to do? They offered all they could to buy a starting LT in the portal. Gottula isn't a great option at LT at least at this point in time. Most teams who are down to their 3rd best OT at left tackle are going to have problems at that spot. That said, I think Lutovsky was a bigger problem at guard.
Ask Dylan and his Parents for a large donation to the tackle fund.....to help keep their sons from being diamantled.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So we got outbid for tackles and kickers.....I thought we were top 10 in NIL.....
Top 10 is still a ways down the list from top 3-5. The 5 star high schooler this year supposedly got 1.5 million. I think we matched offers for at least one top transfer OT but he went to a winning program. Our past decade of losing hasn't helped us. There just aren't many good OTs that hit the portal and if they do everybody wants them.

I don't know that we got outbid for a kicker but what kicker wants to got to a school with a returning native son starter? The kid who missed the kick has a good leg but that was his first pressure kick in front of that kind of crowd. He barely missed the damned kick. Alvano was our veteran and he's only a sophomore. In the glory years. Tom would either have a freshman who was the top kicking recruit in the country or a returning junior guy that had kicked in multiple blow out wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT