2015:
BiG TeN: lose to Penn St 65-68

2016:
BiG TeN: beat Rutgers 89-72; beat Wisconsin 70-58; lost to Maryland 86-97

2017:
BiG TeN: lose to Penn St 67-76

2018:
BiG TeN: lose to Michigan 58-77
He can't get it done here. Similar situation as BO. Can't win when it counts.

3-7 isn’t hot but every year, sans a championship you’re guaranteed one loss.

Blah. Sure glad I had to work today rather than see that. Lost all the buzz we had.

I know this opinion isn't shared by many, but if I'm Moos I have Tom Crean on the phone before my flight gets back to Lincoln, at least to gauge interest if nothing else. We have seen enough in 6 years to know what we are getting from Miles. Miles = Riley. Basketball is played by 5 guys with 1 and maybe 2 stars. It should not take 5-10 years to build a winning D-1 program with the right coach. If JPJ and Copeland leave, Miles is back to "rebuilding." History indicates he will have attrition. I just don't see an endgame that works out. JMO

I’m not throwing in the towel on getting a bid this year. With that said, his job status is tied directly to Palmer/Copeland’s offseason decision assuming our name is not called next Sunday. Offseason turmoil=death sentence for the Tim Miles era. Palmer/Copeland return we are talking potential top 25 team next year.

I know this opinion isn't shared by many, but if I'm Moos I have Tom Crean on the phone before my flight gets back to Lincoln, at least to gauge interest if nothing else. We have seen enough in 6 years to know what we are getting from Miles. Miles = Riley. Basketball is played by 5 guys with 1 and maybe 2 stars. It should not take 5-10 years to build a winning D-1 program with the right coach. If JPJ and Copeland leave, Miles is back to "rebuilding." History indicates he will have attrition. I just don't see an endgame that works out. JMO

No. Nope. Hell nah on Tom Crean.

No. Nope. Hell nah on Tom Crean.
WnatiHzT_400x400.jpeg

Reactions: c2o and schuele

I was thinking Thad Matta. Sounds like Ole Miss is interviewing him. I'd take Matta over Miles any day.

I was thinking Thad Matta. Sounds like Ole Miss is interviewing him. I'd take Matta over Miles any day.
I would too, but it ain't happening this year. Nobody will ever mistake me for president of the Tim Miles fan club, but Nebraska isn't firing its basketball coach after the team goes 9-1 to close out the regular season and finishes 4th in the conference. Just can't see it. Only way there's a new coach in Lincoln next season is if Moos digs in his heels on an extension and Miles decides to jump to a mid-major offering less money than he's making today. And I don't see that happening either.

I would too, but it ain't happening this year. Nobody will ever mistake me for president of the Tim Miles fan club, but Nebraska isn't firing its basketball coach after the team goes 9-1 to close out the regular season and finishes 4th in the conference. Just can't see it. Only way there's a new coach in Lincoln next season is if Moos digs in his heels on an extension and Miles decides to jump to a mid-major offering less money than he's making today. And I don't see that happening either.

Well, the Colorado State job is open again. Maybe Miles misses Fort Collins.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Miles does not equal Riley.

Our football program has a GREAT HISTORY. Riley was a lifetime .500 coach and should have NEVER been hired here.

Nebraska basketball, on the other hand, doesn't have any history as far as I can tell. This team was actually pretty fun and exciting to watch this year. I think playing in Madison Square Garden kinda got the best of em.

I look forward to see if we get an NCAA bid and to see if we can continue this momentum next year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Predicted to finish last in the Big Ten. Didn't by a long shot. People still upset.
I'm happy with how this season went, and certain that Miles will be back next year. But why would you grade a coach on a curve because, in his sixth year, his team was projected to finish 13th in a 14-team conference?

Predicted to finish last in the Big Ten. Didn't by a long shot. People still upset.
Predicted to finish 13th in a 14 team conference in year six should not be a measuring stick. Before the year I would have said NCAA or bust. Looks like we may fall just short but Miles probably needs another year but all bets are off if the offseason is a typical Tim Miles offseason.

Miles will get another year if he wants it. Collier and Sadler were both done after 6 years. Miles has managed 2 bubble teams in 6 years, so in that respect he has been an improvement.

But no way, no how can this be what anyone had in mind when they built the "finest basketball facilities" in the country and brought in a "program-builder" coach.

Tim Miles post-season record is just more of the same. He's only responsible for the past 6 years, but NU's post-season legacy is one of chronic under-achieving. Yesterday was probably just the worst collapse with so much on the line in any of our memories.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT