Recruiting Thursday recruiting updates [UPDATED 10:18pm]

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
DYLAN-MCCAFFREY-150827-PRO.JPG

QB Dylan McCaffrey

2017 Rivals100 quarterback Dylan McCaffrey of Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Valor Christian landed an offer from Nebraska tonight.

(Nate)

===========================================================
DEONTE-JOHNSON-150.JPG

DE Deonte Johnson

2017 Sacramento (Calif.) Burbank defensive end Deonte Johnson landed an offer from Nebraska tonight.

***Deonte Johnson junior season highlights***

(Nate)

=================================================
DB Tony Butler tweet

(Nate)
================================

1777813.jpg

DE Jonathan Kongbo

Yuma (Ariz.) Arizona Western C.C. defensive end Jonathan Kongbo tells me Nebraska defensive coordinator Mark Banker and defensive line coach Hank Hughes stopped by to meet with him yesterday.

The 6-foot-6, 260-pound Tennessee commit says he enjoyed his latest visit with the Husker coaches which lasted for several hours.

"(The visit) went really well," Kongbo stated. "We talked for three hours about everything. He was very upfront and honest.

"We talked about how Nebraska is a program that does things the right way. That there was an opportunity for me to come in and earn some playing time."

Kongbo has already taken official visits to Ole Miss, Oregon State and Tennessee. He still plans to take his final two visits and the Huskers are still in the mix to be one of the programs to receive one of them.

"I'm still thinking about taking a visit there," Kongbo said about Nebraska.

(Nate)

==============================================================
F1164423.jpg

DB Markell Simmons

Tucson (Ariz.) Pima C.C. defensive back Markell Simmons just let me know that he met with Nebraska defensive coordinator Mark Banker this afternoon.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound midyear JUCO graduate said he had a nice time meeting with Banker and that the two of them had lunch together today.

"Coach Banker just left, it went very well" Simmons said. "We had lunch together and just talked and stuff."

Simmons said he didn't really have any questions left for the Huskers coach and that they just enjoyed some casual small talk.

Simmons is wrapping up his final exams at Pima C.C. this week and has one visit left for this week which will be with Oregon State tonight. He said he still isn't exactly sure when he'll have a final decision.

(Nate)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News