ADVERTISEMENT

This loss certainly stings a little, but....

tampa husker

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2001
Big picture winning by 1 point over a non con team doesn't do much for our season anyways and I saw a lot of positives that have me excited for this season and the future moving forward with this staff.
-so good to see coaching staff adjustments, defense obviously played a much better second half after making some personnel and schematic changes, this gives me a lot of confidence moving forward. This never happened with prev staff and we would never have an answer once our Gameplan was figured out by other teams.
- TA looked pretty good. Was pretty accurate on his throws made good decisions overall, and even showed the ability to look off some receivers. He has really improved.
- the linebackers banderas and young are studs. And hopefully with MRI coming back the defense can be a little better than they were today. Gifford is not very good, so the starting 3 is pretty much all there is it seems but this unit appears to be a huge upgrade over last year. Not sure if Marcus newby saw the field today?
- play calling was overall on point IMO. Langs made some very good calls, also a few questionable ones but overall I was happy with the scheme and timing of calls.
- mikale wilbon has a lot of potential and should be #1 going forward IMO. It's pretty clear he has the best vision and elusiveness of the group. And while the Oline is just average right now and really needs to improve if we want to compete for the west title, wilbon can make the line look a lot better than newby or cross IMO who seem to just run straight ahead whether the hole is there or not.
- DB's did not look great but this also was probably one of the tougher match ups they will face all year, not giving them a pass but I think they will play better against Wisconsin minny Iowa WR's. I thought A Williams looked pretty good for a true frosh.
Will be exciting to watch this team develop as the season moves forward. Probably will not end up being the 10 win season we were all hoping for but I think we will at least be competitive in all our games and we also will not be out coached.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.