ADVERTISEMENT

This is a great read about Turnover Margins

Insane to be that bad and still able to win. Clean them up and the wins will go way up.

Boring article. Win the turnover battle wins games. Nebraska has been snakebit over the past 15-20 years. Dirk is still a pansy!

Truly illustrates how bad our QB play has been in general over the past 15 years...no other way to put it.

I wouldn't lay it entirely at the feet of the quarterbacks. Our takeway statistics have been absolutely absymal. I went back 10 years and only twice were we in the top 40 of takeaways. One of those years was the great defense of 2009, which was 30th. Every other year we were 70 or worse, with a few years ranked in the 100s.

Who wants qbs that are good enough to play in the nfl?
They wont play with those stats, period.
Who teaches those qbs?

Granted, some players, even AA, have turnoveritis, but that can change from good coaching, see MR's focus on turnovers, and the subsequent record,2016, and, we know MR wasnt ready to coach the Huskers.

Poor coaching and poor culture adds to these numbers

Thats about to end

I thought one of the most interesting stats was the fumbles recovered by our defense. Dead last in recovery percentage. Opponents are fumbling, we just aren't recovering them.

Last edited:
Being out of position, or, eyes only on player can cause that.
You can coach getting fumbles, but it needs to be coached.
I think our speed will help this, its a quick twitch action often to recover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT