ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the Ireland game tonight.

Redinwashington

Defensive Coordinator
Feb 2, 2013
(Red Acres) Grapeview, WA
Can get round trip from Seattle, hotel with queen bed and breakfast within 1 mile of Aviva and entry in the Touchdown Club for the bride and myself for around $4100. Thats 6 days in country. Could get by for around $1100 less without TD Club, but WTF. Its only money, and I’ll make more. Was going to be a last hurrah for us and my two lifelong buddies and their brIdes. But poor health put them on the shelf. So we will look at it one last time tonight and decide. Anybody else going?

Can get round trip from Seattle, hotel with queen bed and breakfast within 1 mile of Aviva and entry in the Touchdown Club for the bride and myself for around $4100. Thats 6 days in country. Could get by for around $1100 less without TD Club, but WTF. Its only money, and I’ll make more. Was going to be a last hurrah for us and my two lifelong buddies and their brIdes. But poor health put them on the shelf. So we will look at it one last time tonight and decide. Anybody else going?
Im on the fence myself. Likely will do it. Once in a lifetime deal

it would be a no brainer of the team was better. Would hate to go all that way for a loss

it would be a no brainer of the team was better. Would hate to go all that way for a loss
We do a road game each year. We talked about this but it just seems annoying.

So we are looking at Purdue again. We went a few years ago and it was a total blast.

Planning on it if I can get in unJABBED

~gbr
I don’t know. I would hope we get some relief from this crap soon. I’m 3 times jabbed. So I imagine #4, and 5 are on the horizon for me. Who knows how many before it, or something else kills me. But I am absolutely against any mandate. It should be each persons choice. I hope you can go under your terms. I’m thinking it’s gonna be a hoot. But my conscience tells me I need a new storage shed. Be about the same price when you include food, booze, 7 day care for the dogs while we’re gone and crap to bring home.

Should be enough whiskey to ease the pain. Just in case. And there should be plenty of whiskey to revel in joy. Supposing we do. And there should be plenty of whiskey for ALL of us. Because it’s Ireland.

Great a booster of substance and he is letting the “free board” in on his plans. We hope you have fun!! Winking

Great a booster of substance and he is letting the “free board” in on his plans. We hope you have fun!! Winking
I can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be a shit pot of fun. And no worries about wardrobe. RED OR GREEN. But I sure need that shed. Bride will be home in a few. Then its debate time, THOSE DAMN MIDWESTERN VALUES!

I can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be a shit pot of fun. And no worries about wardrobe. RED OR GREEN. But I sure need that shed. Bride will be home in a few. Then its debate time, THOSE DAMN MIDWESTERN VALUES!
Just tell your gal, "Honey, I think I've made the decision to go to the Husker game in Ireland, I'd love for you to join me."

Worked everytime for me when I looked at a long trip for vacation. By the way, happily married for 46 years, so my wife was always happy to get away.

Taking the same route as you, but instead of TD Club I opted for 24 person private suite. About $300 more per person, but comes with open bar, pregame/postgame, and a full menu of wonderful food... have a few more spots in the suite if you're interested in stepping up your game day accommodations. GBR

Just tell your gal, "Honey, I think I've made the decision to go to the Husker game in Ireland, I'd love for you to join me."

Worked everytime for me when I looked at a long trip for vacation. By the way, happily married for 46 years, so my wife was always happy to get away.
I like it. 46 YEARS! One of you is due for parole! Just kidding, that’s something to hang your hat on. I couldn’t even imagine going without her. We are peas in a pod.

Reactions: TheVegvisir
AirBnB

Saved a bunch from hotel.
I got a Sweet AirBnB

ireland-top-rated-castles-kilkenny-castle.jpg

Taking the same route as you, but instead of TD Club I opted for 24 person private suite. About $300 more per person, but comes with open bar, pregame/postgame, and a full menu of wonderful food... have a few more spots in the suite if you're interested in stepping up your game day accommodations. GBR
I may very well be. I’ll get back to you after we decide. Does the open bar include White Russians?

Reactions: tstaup
I worked with a guy who went over to Ireland on vacation, and he said that he ate a smoked, Guinness-battered, fried fish sandwich over there that was phenomenal.

Taking my dad as you won't get many opportunities like this. Flight and game tickets are booked. Waiting for a bit before booking Airbnb as more will probably open up in the coming months. Planning on staying near Temple bar area.

I like it. 46 YEARS! One of you is due for parole! Just kidding, that’s something to hang your hat on. I couldn’t even imagine going without her. We are peas in a pod.
My wife has been with me on every trip. We traveled the world together for sporting events. Our traveling days are over, we were blessed to vacation and visit everywhere we ever wanted.

Hope you and your wife get all the details worked out and have a great time in Ireland.

I would go to visit Ireland and have the game be a minor part of the trip but not the sole reason for the trip. If it's the sole reason for the trip, the likelihood of being disappointed increases. But if money were not an obstacle, absolutely seems like a great time to go to a different country and happen to have a piece of home while you're there.

I would go to visit Ireland and have the game be a minor part of the trip but not the sole reason for the trip. If it's the sole reason for the trip, the likelihood of being disappointed increases. But if money were not an obstacle, absolutely seems like a great time to go to a different country and happen to have a piece of home while you're there.
Totally agree. We have planned this as a normal vacation. Have been to Ireland before so mostly just spending the weekend in Dublin then we will head over to London and spend a week there. This way if the game is canceled still can enjoy it.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Unfortunately we have 2 other large trips next year ( Azores and Tahiti ) Have been to Ireland twice and I can't think of any place we have enjoyed more. Highly recommend spending time in some of the smaller towns like Dingle and Clifton. You won't regret it.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Fill me in on the details. When and how do we pay? Are cocktails available or is it just beer? For the life of me I can’t remember how to PM on this site.

Fill me in on the details. When and how do we pay? Are cocktails available or is it just beer? For the life of me I can’t remember how to PM on this site.
Shoot me an email - johnstaup@gmail.com - I have lots of info I can share. In short though - cocktails available (top shelf is extra), suite access, premium seat in the stadium, and a different meal brought in before the game, at the end of each quarter, and then snacks after the game.

Menu hasn't been finalized, but here's the sample menu that was shared with me...

Pre-Match
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Siracha Pickle, Spicy Remoulade
Butter Lettuce, Brioche
Paprika Onion Rings
House Chips
Chicken Gravy
Chopped Salad
Key Lime Pie, Torched Meringue

End 1st Quarter
Butcher Baker Cheese Maker:
Hand Cut Cheese & Salamis
Artisan Chutneys, Honey’s & Breadsticks
Pork Meatballs, Tomato Sauce
Giardiniera, Ricotta Gnocchi
Shucked Oyster’s
Jackman’s Bloody Mary Mix
Crispy Brussel Sprouts, Smoked Garlic Aioli

Half Time
Sloppy Joes, Pulled Pork Taco
Jalapenos & Cheddar
O’Flynns Smoked Mini Hot Dog
Dubliner Cheddar & Smoked Ballymaloe Chutney
Brioche
Mac N Cheese, White Cheddar
Parmesan Panko Crust
Mouthy Masala, Smoked Paprika & Lime, Chipotle & Aleppo
Popcorn Cones

End 3rd Quarter
Kettle Chips:
Honey Barbeque
Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup
Paprika & Roasted Onion
Roasted Nut Bar Mix
Peach, Raspberry & Caramel Knickerbocker Glory
Honey, Lavender Chocolate Mousse Cones

Post-Match
Pretzel Twists

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
H
Shoot me an email - johnstaup@gmail.com - I have lots of info I can share. In short though - cocktails available (top shelf is extra), suite access, premium seat in the stadium, and a different meal brought in before the game, at the end of each quarter, and then snacks after the game.

Menu hasn't been finalized, but here's the sample menu that was shared with me...

Pre-Match
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Siracha Pickle, Spicy Remoulade
Butter Lettuce, Brioche
Paprika Onion Rings
House Chips
Chicken Gravy
Chopped Salad
Key Lime Pie, Torched Meringue

End 1st Quarter
Butcher Baker Cheese Maker:
Hand Cut Cheese & Salamis
Artisan Chutneys, Honey’s & Breadsticks
Pork Meatballs, Tomato Sauce
Giardiniera, Ricotta Gnocchi
Shucked Oyster’s
Jackman’s Bloody Mary Mix
Crispy Brussel Sprouts, Smoked Garlic Aioli

Half Time
Sloppy Joes, Pulled Pork Taco
Jalapenos & Cheddar
O’Flynns Smoked Mini Hot Dog
Dubliner Cheddar & Smoked Ballymaloe Chutney
Brioche
Mac N Cheese, White Cheddar
Parmesan Panko Crust
Mouthy Masala, Smoked Paprika & Lime, Chipotle & Aleppo
Popcorn Cones

End 3rd Quarter
Kettle Chips:
Honey Barbeque
Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup
Paprika & Roasted Onion
Roasted Nut Bar Mix
Peach, Raspberry & Caramel Knickerbocker Glory
Honey, Lavender Chocolate Mousse Cones

Post-Match
Pretzel Twists
LEAPIN LEPRECHAUNS! That sounds amazing.

Taking my dad as you won't get many opportunities like this. Flight and game tickets are booked. Waiting for a bit before booking Airbnb as more will probably open up in the coming months. Planning on staying near Temple bar area.
Stay a block or two away or your sleep will be non-existent

Reactions: JDskibum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT