ADVERTISEMENT

Things to do in Lincoln?

nja13

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2003
Small town, Eastern Nebraska
I have these cousins who live in California who have never step foot in the state of Nebraska. However, their son has made the wise choice to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. So they will be in Lincoln for about four days in August moving their son in. They've asked me for suggestions for things to do in Lincoln during that time, so I thought I'd open source the Scrolls for some suggestions. I can provide many suggestions on where to eat and drink, but looking for some ideas on things to "do." They are staying in one of the Haymarket hotels and in their early 60's.

Some initial thoughts:

Memorial Stadium tours. I see at Huskers.com they do free tours. Do they still have the Heisman Room presentation and Game Day experience rooms?

Robbers Cave tours- I've never been. Is this interesting and worth a visit?

Capitol building tour- Haven't been in a long while, but I do recall it being pretty impressive from my grade school field trip.

SAC and Aerospace Museum- not actually in Lincoln, but worth a small drive? I slightly ashamed to say I haven't been since the museum was housed at Offutt.

Any thoughts on the above? Or any other suggestions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News