ADVERTISEMENT

Football There's gotta be a few fellow Group of Five football fans out there with me, right?

Steve Marik

Defensive Coordinator
Staff
Mar 9, 2014
1667228151572.png

I love this time of year when the mid-week MACtion/G5 takes center stage. I'll have my screens on Buffalo at Ohio tomorrow night (excellent matchup), and then I'll keep tabs on both the Wednesday affairs.

I like watching the space-and-pace spread offense of Kent State — I'm always wondering when Sean Lewis is going to get a bigger job. Really impressive young head coach who coached TEs at UNO for a season in 2010. Always enjoy watching Northern Illinois, too — I'm a big fan of Thomas Hammock. A few Nebraska kids on the Huskies' roster as well in DT Cade Haberman (Westside), LB Makhi Nelson-Douglas (Elkhorn South) and RB Christian Nash (Millard South).

Haberman has 10 tackles, 2 for a loss and .5 sacks. Nelson-Douglas started four games as a true freshman last year and had 33 tackles, three tackles for loss and one forced fumble.

Then on Thursday, you can watch Luke McCaffrey catch some passes if that's your thing. He's the leading receiver at Rice with 47 catches for 613 yards and 6 touchdowns. Much of my attention will be on App State traveling to Coastal Carolina. It's an awesome new-ish rivalry, and how can you turn down watching Grayson McCall operate that spread-option offense? These two teams don't like each other and that place will be rocking.

Let's go!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.